Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Necromancer or Dark Ranger?

What if the answer to this question isn’t either/or but both? Thematically both could work as specs within one class. With Sylvanas collaborating with the old Gods now it’s possible to have there be a twilight cult themed class.

Twilight Acolyte
    Races: ALL
    Mail Armor
    Bows, xbows, guns, staves, dagger/oh

Twilight cult members serving Darkmoon. Joined the Horde//Alliance to protect the Fair’s profits.

Dark Ranger
    Range dps
    Uses cursed and poison projectiles to drain their enemy of vitality and their sanity.
    Haunting arrow- spawns mirror images every 3sec with 100hp that attack the afflicted.
    Dark arrow- shadow dot (talented to leave residue on the floor when expires)
    Blight bomb- residual aoe(like d&d, consecration)

Necrolyte-kinda
    Range dps, with pets
    Summons an army of corrupted(the undead with tentacle faces)and faceless to pursue their enemies.
    Call tentacle- possibly different ones based on old gods
    Tunnel vision- unleash a swarm of mindbenders increasing raid damage to the main target by 1% every seconds for 10

Tidecaller?
    Healer
    Trained by the naga to launch healing projectiles at friendly targets
    Healing tentacles- drain X from the target and heal 5 closest allies for X
    Tidal crash- heals all allies and knocks down enemies. (If enemy can’t be knocked down then x dog is dealt)
    Last edited by wanax; 2019-04-18 at 04:53 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    What if the answer to this question isn’t either/or but both?
    The answer could always be "none", OP.

But from those choices, while I prefer Necromancers, a second bow-wielding class would be neat for the game.

TBH I would probably prefer a magically enhanced Ranger class with Dark Ranger being a specialization. Probably wouldn't be as cool as a full Dark Ranger hero class, but I think it'd be more open to bridging other concepts like the Sea Witch and Priestess of the Moon, who are also bow-users.

I don't think it makes sense for Hunters to start using magic. Their identity should stay core to using gadgets and beast companions to solidify their 'survivalist' theme.

I really do like the idea of a sea-themed offensive spec though. Of all the water-based magic we have in the game, it's easier used for healing or Frost-based for offense.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-04-16 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    TBH I would probably prefer a magically enhanced Ranger class with Dark Ranger being a specialization. Probably wouldn't be as cool as a full Dark Ranger hero class, but I think it'd be more open to bridging other concepts like the Sea Witch and Priestess of the Moon, who are also bow-users.

I don't think it makes sense for Hunters to start using magic. Their identity should stay core to using gadgets and beast companions to solidify their 'survivalist' theme.

I really do like the idea of a sea-themed offensive spec though. Of all the water-based magic we have in the game, it's easier used for healing or Frost-based for offense.
    Ive been saying that for a while. An actual water wielding dps spec could be pretty cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    The answer could always be "none", OP.

But from those choices, while I prefer Necromancers, a second bow-wielding class would be neat for the game.
    true. None is always an option.

Just give me a healer. It's ok if they are edgy.

People would have a fucking conniption if it's another elf class.

Dark Ranger. It needed to be done long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Never thought about it that way. We don't have any edgy healers.

Dark Ranger will be next. Sylvannas is too popular for it not to be.

Tinker.

Unholy dk is necromancer, basically.
    Dark ranger seems too edgy.

Dark Ranger...
    Preperation for it has been done in 8.1

Looks like dark ranger based off of the Sylvanas + 8.1/8.2 stuff.

I'd rather have Tinkers or Bards than those two. Mostly Tinkers.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Dark Ranger FTW
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

Why on earth is the darkmoon faire involved with the Twilight's Hammer?

I mean they're a shady bunch but not "c'thulhu f'tagn" shady, just "here, pay money to get shot out of a cannon on the edge of Thunder Bluff" shady.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    We need an edgy healer.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Stop with these threads holy smokes.

Next Class will be a Tinker.

Dark Ranger is already in game and it is called Undead MM Hunter without black arrow.

Really hoping for a new bow class in the form of a dark ranger. Tinker doesn't interest me in the least. It's a profession and should stay as one.

I have been hoping for a Necromancer class ever since the beginning. They are all over the game but we just can not be one :/

dark ranger, but only if it has banshee abilities like sylvanas.