Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I personally feel like blizz should break up classes and allow characters to pick specs from a grid of related specs, for example you could pick holy priest, ret paladin and prot paladin because they all use light.
    This way they could add in new specs without the need to dedicate an entire class to it. Necromancer would be great as a single spec, but would be very thin as a whole class being added into a game already saturated with edgy casters. likewise dark ranger honestly doesnt have enough lore behind it to warrant a full class but would be great as an optional spec for death knights or hunters.
    This system could also enable many more specs that exist in the game but dont justify a full class, like shadow hunter, priestess of the moon, zealot, cultist etc. things that should realistically never get their own class but could be added as a spec to related specs.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    I personally feel like blizz should break up classes and allow characters to pick specs from a grid of related specs, for example you could pick holy priest, ret paladin and prot paladin because they all use light.
    This way they could add in new specs without the need to dedicate an entire class to it. Necromancer would be great as a single spec, but would be very thin as a whole class being added into a game already saturated with edgy casters. likewise dark ranger honestly doesnt have enough lore behind it to warrant a full class but would be great as an optional spec for death knights or hunters.
    This system could also enable many more specs that exist in the game but dont justify a full class, like shadow hunter, priestess of the moon, zealot, cultist etc. things that should realistically never get their own class but could be added as a spec to related specs.
    That actually makes sense.

A hunter class could go Dark Ranger. Or a caster & summoner class could go Warlock, Necromancer, something else.

I like that idea, adds some variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    TBH I would probably prefer a magically enhanced Ranger class with Dark Ranger being a specialization. Probably wouldn't be as cool as a full Dark Ranger hero class, but I think it'd be more open to bridging other concepts like the Sea Witch and Priestess of the Moon, who are also bow-users.

I don't think it makes sense for Hunters to start using magic. Their identity should stay core to using gadgets and beast companions to solidify their 'survivalist' theme.

I really do like the idea of a sea-themed offensive spec though. Of all the water-based magic we have in the game, it's easier used for healing or Frost-based for offense.
    ye this seems cool . but what is more likely you will get light based spec - for lightforged undead - basicly lightforged using light and dark rangers utilizing void .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    Stop with these threads holy smokes.

Next Class will be a Tinker.

Dark Ranger is already in game and it is called Undead MM Hunter without black arrow.
    its always nice to see tinker crusade n forums

kinda like people still spaming posts about highelves

I think a lot of you just responded to the title. Thematically necro and dr could be two specs of the same class. They could add in an edgy healing spec for good measure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Never thought about it that way. We don't have any edgy healers.
    You’re exactly right. Disc is the closest but they’re still depicted as mostly holy. They could easily do a drain and heal spec heart.

think shared classes. dark ranger would be shared between hunters and rogues, necromancer could be shared between DK and warlock (or maybe a 2nd shadow priest spec). that way you could have a dark ranger that is more ranged focused, and one that is more melee. necro melee, or necro ranged.

i've spoken of shared classes before. i feel like that will be an awesome way to fit some of the niche class fantasies in
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    ye this seems cool . but what is more likely you will get light based spec - for lightforged undead - basicly lightforged using light and dark rangers utilizing void .

- - - Updated - - -

its always nice to see tinker crusade n forums

kinda like people still spaming posts about highelves
    I'm not crusading nothing but Tinker is the most plausible class.

Adding emoji and comparing with High Elf tinfoil crazy sheep will not help

So sorry to burst your bubble.but Dark Ranged arent in any way plausible as next class for obv reasons.

none of them !
    both are boring classes appealing to kids
    i want something original

7+ Year Old Account
    Dark Ranger is a wannabe necromancer

Not nearly as an expert in raising the dead
    Not nearly as cool as a Shadow Hunter
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    I'm not crusading nothing but Tinker is the most plausible class.

Adding emoji and comparing with High Elf tinfoil crazy sheep will not help

So sorry to burst your bubble.but Dark Ranged arent in any way plausible as next class for obv reasons.
    ye high elves are plausible too just like tinker but keep dreaming abut class that 0.1 % of players would be interested in trying out

Both seem redundant.

Dark ranger - just another hunter, but for edgy emo kids.
    Necromancer - another warlock, but ... there is no but, just warlock.

I'd rather see bard.

None of them thanks, and keep sanity to Spriests thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    I've spoken at length on Necromancers, and I highly doubt that Blizzard would introduce a Necromancer class based on Blood Trolls when there's already a Scourge based Necromancer class.

As for Dark Rangers, the major issue with the concept is that it has never been established that Dark Rangers are anything more than Forsaken Hunters. The Dark Ranger NPCs are just undead Elven Hunters, or in the case of Nathanos, Forsaken MM Hunters. Nathanos is the one who is training new Dark Rangers, and he's pretty much just a Forsaken Hunter. The only individual Dark Ranger that has displayed Banshee abilities has been Sylvannas. So yeah, Blizzard is going to need to establish some DR lore to facilitate a DR class with Banshee abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I've spoken at length on Necromancers, and I highly doubt that Blizzard would introduce a Necromancer class based on Blood Trolls when there's already a Scourge based Necromancer class.

As for Dark Rangers, the major issue with the concept is that it has never been established that Dark Rangers are anything more than Forsaken Hunters. The Dark Ranger NPCs are just undead Elven Hunters, or in the case of Nathanos, Forsaken MM Hunters. Nathanos is the one who is training new Dark Rangers, and he's pretty much just a Forsaken Hunter. The only individual Dark Ranger that has displayed Banshee abilities has been Sylvannas. So yeah, Blizzard is going to need to establish some DR lore to facilitate a DR class with Banshee abilities.
    they managed to establish demon hunters in span of 1 prepatch so yeah thats the least of their problem

rememeebr that horde has forsaken and allience have now lightforged undead humans reborn by light

you gonna tell me that its not edgy enough to sell well ? ad to this banshee transformation (you have model for this in darkshore warfront)

Dark Rangers already exist, you just lack imagination.

Hunter's can already opt into stealth and possess "assassin" like effects like poisons and can have black arrow return quite easily in some future talent rework. What you're trying to describe is more in line with the "Gloom Stalker" archetype which currently still falls under the current hunter skill set. Hunter's can cover the majority of the traditional Ranger RPG archetype:

Although I would like to see dual wielding be an option for Survival.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    they managed to establish demon hunters in span of 1 prepatch so yeah thats the least of their problem

rememeebr that horde has forsaken and allience have now lightforged undead humans reborn by light

you gonna tell me that its not edgy enough to sell well ? ad to this banshee transformation (you have model for this in darkshore warfront)
    Actually they established Demon Hunters in WC3, TBC, and various other points in WoW.

They've also established the Dark Ranger, and the issue with the DR is that there's never been any indication that they're anything other than Undead Hunters.

As for Necromancers, there's no Necromancer ability that wouldn't fit perfectly within the DK class.

I had an epiphany the other day, Dark Ranger could be a potential spec for a Necromancer class if they were to make it. 2 DPS specs one using ranged weapons and the other strictly casting, and a spectral healing spec using the life force of foes to empower and heal allies.

Neither. Why do we need another dark and edgy playable class option? Death knights may not be necromancers but they already use necromantic magic, and the idea of using summoning minions as your class fantasy would be yet another class stealing something from warlocks. We really don't need more of this.

I'm not saying it has to be tinker but I'd personally love something that isn't a brooding angsty evil magi wielding half-dead "badass". I say this as someone who has spent much of her 13 or so years on WoW maining either a demo warlock or a shadow priest. We really, really have enough.

I saw a post in the past about a "class skin" idea that I thought would be a nice midway point, where warlocks could possibly essentially glyph their whole identity to revolve around shadow magic and undeath while functionally remaining the same. I personally love that idea because I feel like other than the direct demonic theming of abilities, warlock has every single aspect people want from a necromancer class already.

None of these edgy classes ever again, if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Honestly, as a main healer this has been my greatest dream. I really don't enjoy as much the DPS specs of my hybrid classes, except for maybe ret. If I could pick the healing specs I like along with a dps spec that I actually find fun, that'd give me so much more reason to be active in world content. I can see a bit of an issue in regards to armor types (do you have to carry 2 entirely different sets of armor on every single slot, even if you want to use your off-spec non competitively?) But then again, I suppose thanks to azerite armor we're already half way there.

While I do believe Tinker is next, they sure have put a lot of "dark ranger stuff" into the game over the last two expansions (including some sort of scenario in the datamining).
    Suspicious.
    Meanwhile - can anyone name one famous necromancer who isn't now a Lich?
    Last edited by Villager720; 2019-04-17 at 01:56 PM.