Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Imagine how stupid the undead night elves must feel now

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post

He appointed slavers (Gallywix, Reghar) to positions of power in the Horde!
    Technically... on of those slavers was retroactively turned into a slaver for the purposes of another character's story arc, but that's a different problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    and yet, the bronze flight said there were alternative versions of him that weren't as bad as the one we got?
    And they also explicitly said that the one we got was dogshit levels of awful in the exact same sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    I guess this is the lesson we were supposed to learn in mop?
    Pretty much, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post

Pretty much, yes.
    Maybe the writers need to take a few lessons and learn why the players liked the characters they think we were supposed to hate. Cause their 'good guys' really suck at being 'good' in the grand scheme of things.

This rebellion should be unsuccessful and Thrall, Saurfang, Baine and Lor'themar should be killed and preferably by orcs, taurens and blood elves respectively. It would symbolize new beginning of the united Horde. If this coup is successful it will be doom of the Horde. At any time in the future, any leader/leaders who disagrees with Warchief will organise more and more coups, instead of solving the issue inside the leadership of the Horde. Whats the point of even being part of the Horde if it is just puppet of Alliance that gets bleed out every so often.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenis View Post
    This rebellion should be unsuccessful and Thrall, Saurfang, Baine and Lor'themar should be killed and preferably by orcs, taurens and blood elves respectively. It would symbolize new beginning of the united Horde. If this coup is successful it will be doom of the Horde. At any time in the future, any leader/leaders who disagrees with Warchief will organise more and more coups, instead of solving the issue inside the leadership of the Horde. Whats the point of even being part of the Horde if it is just puppet of Alliance that gets bleed out every so often.
    Not just any coups but Alliance-backed coups. Because that's apparently the Horde way and Horde players are expected to like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Thrall gave up Warchief, gave up Doomhammer, gave up shamanism, left the Horde. To have him come back and try to fix things is pretty inappropriate. I don't think anyone who cares about Warcraft lore is going to forget everything he's done. Saurfang's not much better, trying to give up his life instead of sticking around for the Horde. Baine's the only one who's been very vocal about opposition to the war that hasn't abandoned the Horde (particularly given the Horde abandoned him back in Cataclysm with the Grimtotem conquest of Thunder Bluff), and I'd much rather see characters like Lor'themar, Rokhan, Eitrigg, and Rexxar who have been active in the Horde since the start of BfA resolve the issue than bringing in people who have abandoned the Horde prior or at the start of BfA to try to fix things. Thrall's showing up seems a little too deus ex machina for me.

Honestly, I don't hate the idea of Thrall coming back. But I don't necessarily feel he's ready to take up the mantle of Warchief yet, either (and neither is Saurfang, though for different reasons).

Really, it might not be a bad idea to actually have "the Horde" dissolve for a time. No singular "leader" for their faction. Player-characters would still be working together, but it might be a nice change of pace for each individual race in the Horde say "I'm done", and they each turn insular for a time.

In terms of Lore, the Darkspear would retreat back to the Echo Isles, Orcs would attempt to reclaim Orgrimmar, dismantling all the armor-plating brought on by Garrosh (meaning eventually, they would return to their more Orcish, tribal roots), the Tauren would say "you guys are too much trouble, we're (again, lore-wise) going neutral", while Forsaken and Blood Elves just do their own thing.

Then, the story moving forward becomes Thrall trying to "put the band back together". Players still party together unaffected, but they do so as rogue adventurers, instead of "emissaries of the Horde".

10+ Year Old Account
    I rather have Thrall than that hateful bitch.

Sylvanas is utterly incompetent and far less clever than she thinks she is in her vanity.

If she was clever then she would have waited patiently until the Alliance tore itself apart.

Anduin is a weak leader, he wants to be nice for the sake of being nice, which is a luxury a leader can never indulge in, there must always be a greater decision behind being nice. Azshara is right in one thing "All for the greater good." In this case, it was a choice between *become horrible monsters or die,* as a leader that choice should be rather easy.

Instead, Bumblefuck McIncompetent decides to launch an all-out war, the only situation where being nice for the sake of being nice is actually a good thing as the nice person can serve as a beacon to rally about and all internal struggles are set aside in order to deal with the greater threat. Truly the work of a brilliant schemer and mastermind /s

For what reason exactly is Miss "I Blame Everyone Else For My Failures" a feminist icon? If anything, to me she embodies every horrible trope about women, unable to plan ahead, overly emotional and acts on those emotions, never accepts responsibility for anything and is vainer than a mating male peacock.

And Thrall is just as incompetent. The Horde he cobbled together is an atrocity of an organisation. The Warchief can dictatorially decide who the next Warchief is and the faction leaders have no input.

This only deserves to create a system, where dual loyalty is created. If there's the slightest difference in opinion between the individual members, their faction leader, and the Warchief, then the individual member is forced to either be loyal to the Horde or to their faction.

This creates a situation where the strife and civil war is the norm as the faction leaders within the Horde has no say over who is the Warchief and thus have no guarantees they align with them ideologically or politically.

The Horde can only start to prosper as a society if the faction leaders instigate a coup, abolish this horrible system, and create one where they have an actual say in who their leader is.
    Last edited by Quaade; 2019-04-18 at 09:37 AM.

Sylvannas has become more interesting than Thrall but Thrall has always been far more interesting than any of the remaining horde leaders

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Sylvannas has become more interesting than Thrall but Thrall has always been far more interesting than any of the remaining horde leaders
    Sylvanas is the opposite of interesting. She's a sacrificial lamb for Blizzard to try and prop up the HvA/RvB mentality that Ion has a semi for. Making random faction war doesn't make sense in the best of circumstances, and it certainly doesn't work when your planet is literally dying. So they needed someone to spearhead the whole thing that was disposable so that once the dust settles, she can be killed off and the factions can stay the way they are with this artificial "tension". Because genocide will be hand waved away once the figurehead is out of the picture, despite the fact that the entire Horde gleefully burned down Teldrassil without a second thought.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Seylene View Post
    Thralls return I was semi looking forward to but at this point it seems a bit like McDonalds pulling out the all day breakfast. The last minute fan favorite to stem the flow.
    Whatchu got against all day breakfast?

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Whatchu got against all day breakfast?
    Nothing at all, I love Hashbrowns. just that was always McDonalds ace in the hole, kind of like Thralls return.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    I rather have Thrall than that hateful bitch.
    Oh boy, now blizzard will name another random person as warchief rather than Thrall, remember this is MoP 2.0 with most of the bad things
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Is the moral supposed to be that only he can be Warchief? That none of the rest of the Horde or rank and file can keep from being stupid evil without Thrall?
    Your mistake is thinking there is a moral to this dumpster fire of a story.

Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    Sylvanas is the opposite of interesting. She's a sacrificial lamb for Blizzard to try and prop up the HvA/RvB mentality that Ion has a semi for.
    I would say she was interesting... when they weren't railroading her as an obvious villain every named character worth a damn was against.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Thrall was the one that forced Garrosh to be a Warchief when he didn't feel like he could be one and then ditched him immediately. Though I'm sure they'll never bring this up again because Thrall has found it within his heart to absolve himself of all wrongdoings in the Garrosh cinematic. Such a brave character.

Unless they're willing to realize that the direction Thrall took from Cataclysm onward was a mistake then I predict people will once again start hating Thrall again and call him Green Jesus. Considering the story writers still think they're doing such an amazing job with BfA's story I wouldn't be hopeful for them to realize that.
    No, don't talk if you haven't even played the game to know. Garrosh challenged Thrall for the mantle of Warchief in the Mak'Gora which was interrupted as Thrall was admitting defeat. Thrall because he was the current warchief could not just hand over the command like ok no time for ceremony he is the new guy bye!!!!! Instead he went to battle, at a later point giving his BEST FRIENDS SON the spot as Warchief.

Never forget Garrosh was son of Grom the hero who saved the horde and technically Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Honestly, I don't hate the idea of Thrall coming back. But I don't necessarily feel he's ready to take up the mantle of Warchief yet, either (and neither is Saurfang, though for different reasons).

Really, it might not be a bad idea to actually have "the Horde" dissolve for a time. No singular "leader" for their faction. Player-characters would still be working together, but it might be a nice change of pace for each individual race in the Horde say "I'm done", and they each turn insular for a time.

In terms of Lore, the Darkspear would retreat back to the Echo Isles, Orcs would attempt to reclaim Orgrimmar, dismantling all the armor-plating brought on by Garrosh (meaning eventually, they would return to their more Orcish, tribal roots), the Tauren would say "you guys are too much trouble, we're (again, lore-wise) going neutral", while Forsaken and Blood Elves just do their own thing.

Then, the story moving forward becomes Thrall trying to "put the band back together". Players still party together unaffected, but they do so as rogue adventurers, instead of "emissaries of the Horde".
    Then all the enemies the Horde has made stroll and steamroll them one by one

Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    No, don't talk if you haven't even played the game to know. Garrosh challenged Thrall for the mantle of Warchief in the Mak'Gora which was interrupted as Thrall was admitting defeat. Thrall because he was the current warchief could not just hand over the command like ok no time for ceremony he is the new guy bye!!!!! Instead he went to battle, at a later point giving his BEST FRIENDS SON the spot as Warchief.

Never forget Garrosh was son of Grom the hero who saved the horde and technically Azeroth.
    Uh... Thrall was never going to admit defeat, even Garroshs short story has Garrosh admit he wouldve lost if it kept going

I mean hell I like Garrosh more than thrall as a character and I know Thrall would've won.

EDIT: Clarifying
    Last edited by Skytotem; 2019-04-18 at 05:44 AM.
    Twas brillig