Poll: Do you like this idea?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    No, we want Vanilla. No changes. Only exception is adding new raid content but after ALL other content is essentially used. Which would be an addition to vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Trust me, hes not part of the majority. Dont let one guy tell you how we think, we will never elect a president for our community anyway. :P

The most vocal people are those who dont want classic as it is... its like forums always are, people who enjoy the game will play the game and those who dont will spend more time on the forums. Even before the release.
    Yes! I'm so sad Blizzard never realized this...

One of best parts of Classic is knowing that my favourite parts of game won't be suddenly changed and ruined due to whining morons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Hey There,

We all know the oldskool tiers and pvp sets. In my opinion there is no thrill in trying to get the sets that we have been wearing for ages and have seen for ages.
    What about if Blizzard would make new (Today quality) sets and make them drop from the Vanilla raids?

They can also drop a token that will allow you to trade them for the oldskool sets, but this way u will have a very new fancy set to try to aim for.

Is this just a me thing or would people like this idea?
    Why not suggest this for "retail"?
    Like a rework of older sets that are very outdated at this point, kinda like what they did with the city guard sets. I think that would be a cool idea.
    At any rate, I'd think you find more support there than among the Vanillaians.
    Ps. #nochanges
    Mother pus bucket!

No, no no onoon nono... wtf is wrong with people trying to change classic into something else!? If u wanna play another version, play retail.. else it's NOT Classic! God stop these threads already!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    This is why people and blizzard were against this classic nonsense. We knew you didn’t want classic wow as it was. It’s only a matter of time before the daily theme is the few classic players actually playing constantly screaming for new stuff in classic form.
    Classic wow as it was is never coming back by sheer virtue of the existence of the very large number of private server players who have mastered Vanilla by now. Bringing the feel back matters far more than bringing it in its entirety back, because the latter is unfeasible and outright impossible.

People suggesting different things is healthy for the game, even if some of those suggestions can be wildly off the mark. What isn't healthy is stagnation.

I do not like this idea. I'll be playing Classic for the purposes of nostalgia. I want it to be closer to how it really was.

Why do these threads exist? it's Classic, it's going back to how it was. SMH

I do think people won't feel interested in trying to aim for an outdated 2004 set.
    Why not, they are playing an outdated 2004 game?

Well it already isn't 100% the vanilla WoW as you know it.
    *Walks into Egyptian Museum*
    "WTF, this statue isn't 100% like it was 4000 years ago, why don't you guys just paint it?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Hey There,
    In my opinion there is no thrill in trying to get the sets that we have been wearing for ages and have seen for ages.
    In my opinion going from green trash or an underwhelming blue item to T1 or T2 is definitely thrilling. I don't care if I've seen it before, if I care about my character I will be happy for the upgrade, I'm sure Mythic Raiders don't care when they open their weekly cache and see "same old boring dungeon item" only this time they've just won the RNG lottery with the roll.

I think the problem with these threads (don't take it as personal criticism) is those that don't want change are trying to protect much of what made WoW great (to them) and I think a large part of that is immersion. So if Chromaggus drops T2 Shoulders for me, that is fucking cool when you think that I was being killed by level 10 Murlocs only 3 months prior, taking it to a vendor and trading it for T6 graphic items kinda takes away from the experience of natural progression, and this is a very important factor for those that really want Classic WoW.

New gear, sets, and models, are what we are getting in retail. Vanilla should be a faithful resurrection of what once was, and that should include raiding and pvp rewards.
    Stoneskin, Mana Spring, Wrath of Air, Totem of Wrath...

Hey There,

We all know the oldskool tiers and pvp sets. In my opinion there is no thrill in trying to get the sets that we have been wearing for ages and have seen for ages.
    What about if Blizzard would make new (Today quality) sets and make them drop from the Vanilla raids?

They can also drop a token that will allow you to trade them for the oldskool sets, but this way u will have a very new fancy set to try to aim for.

no you get old ugly gear and vanilla with all its bad and like it. NO CHANGES! i dont even want classic to be a thing and i completely agree with the NO CHANGES people lol

Hey There,

No, Say it with me now NO CHANGES!!! We want to experience the game as it was in all it's glory and all of it's flaws, the old sets with set bonuses are 10000000000000000000000% better than the shit show that is Azerite gear. We want to build the sets and get to be the only Holy Undead Priest on our server with full Tier and Benediction.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me correct you. No. The oldskool sets are not better then the new sets. No T2 is not popular because it looks better then the newer sets. It is because it is outdated. Look at T3. People like it cause it is unobtainable. But does not make it look good.

You can't tell me.
    That this:

Looks worse then T1 till T3.

That set alone, is MILES Ahead then any vanilla set.

(before you say, WAIT this is a legion set. What ur just saying, people have told us EACH expansion since the first expansion launch)
    Yeah, Nope the best Pally set is the T8 set aka the first time pallys got a Dress and the 2nd best set right behind that was T2 hands down. The T5 Warlock set is my favorite the T10 DK set has still yet to be beaten the T6 Hunter set is the best, T5 Shammy is the best, and T6 Priest or maybe a little T8 are the best looking. Point I am making is there have not been good looking Tire sets since ICC ended. The new tier sets looks horrible ant the pictured Paladin set looks awful.

I do think people won't feel interested in trying to aim for an outdated 2004 set. That has already been seen for 15 years.
    "I do think that people won't feel interested in playing an outdated 2004 game. That has already been seen for 15 years."

Shoo, retail babby.

What happens 2.5 years after classic launches? Do they progress to BC? Do they start making new Vanilla content? If Classic users far outnumber Retail users, why wouldn't Blizz respond by bowing to the wishes of the market and continuing down the Classic route? Is Classic a stopgap to keep WoW subs alive until the next big Blizzard title? They've wasted so much time telling people "no, you don't want Classic" while continuing to take Retail down the road of "grind, grind, grind" & predatory gaming psychology a la Farmville/Mobile Games and it's backfired to the point where people are hyped to play a 15 year old game while also resolving themselves to never pick up Retail again.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    I think for Classic to succeed, not just survive, it needs an optional graphical and UI update. So I agree.

Of course everyone will lose their mind at you just even thinking about this.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

15+ Year Old Account
    #NoChanges. Just stop.