Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Out of place ? Are you suggesting that our spiritual liege, in his infinite wisdom, couldn't pull a petty feat like that ?
    I'm saying he has never referred to "the spirits" in that manner, and all his visions are generally derived from his connection to the Light. So yes, I think that barring later iteration this is either a misplaced string or misattributed to Anduin. This is far from the first time this has happened with a PTR or a data-mining dump of strings.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Seems like you're probably taking this out of context to fake outrage

Its more likely that spirits grant Anduin a vision because him and Baine are friends and the spirits are attempting to save Baine. Not because Anduin suddenly has the powers of a Shaman. The spirits are more than capable of contacting non-shaman if they wish too.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    Anduin: My vision was of Baine. He was imprisoned alone, encircled by enemies.
    Anduin: A figure emerged from the shadows. The warchief.
    Anduin: She gave the word, and Baine... was executed.
    Anduin: The spirits whisper that he will be slain before the next sunrise.

Name me a more bigger fucking mary sue. God fucking damn it. Fuck this lore.
    Sounds more like Velen, also, much like Velen, this is a proven priest ability.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

As Zlygork stated, let's wait for the context of it before we react to it. Besides, there's no reason that Light users wouldn't be able to commune with spirits. I'm sure there's examples of it.

He's Blizzards way of introducing Me'dan into the story. Wont be him as a person, but he will have his powers cause human. Maybe we will even find out he's Medivh's son cause why not.

I mean, in this case this sort of makes sense. The bond between Blanduin and his biggest lapdog on the planet is so strong that it even bends the will of the spirits around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Beyond this new spirit bizarrity - why did Sylvanas wait weeks to kill him?
    Because she had to maniacally laugh for the sake of evil at him in his captivity for three months first. The evil demands it.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Next step is him going "oh Jaina, why do spells that way when you can do this? " and he just shows her how to do a proper fireblast.
    He needs to bond with Me'dan to absorb his shamegadin powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Context? "The spirits told me" what context you need? Our golden boy can now commune with the light, void AND the spirits now.
    Or someone mis-attributed the line to Anduin when it's supposed to be from Thrall, It's PTR you goof.
    Twas brillig

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    He's a Priest.

Even if it's a misplaced quote from the PTR, almost every single Warcraft Priest (from Humans to Mag'har Orcs) is somewhat capable of talking with spirits. I think it's a pre-requisite of this line of work.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    He's a Priest.

Even if it's a misplaced quote from the PTR, almost every single Warcraft Priest (from Humans to Mag'har Orcs) is somewhat capable of talking with spirits. I think it's a pre-requisite of this line of work.
    Not in the same way, tho.
    Priests talk with spirits of people nearby, not with things far far away. That is shaman knowledge. For a priest to get visions, uses the light, does'nt talk to random spirits.

10+ Year Old Account

It probably was Vol'jin and he probably shrouded himself.....remember he said he was going to make sure Sylvanas didn't destroy the Horde, guess what? It's probably him playing cloak and dagger.

You're assuming Anduin's correctly identifying the source. There are other beings who whisper to the minds of mortals, who show visions of what they want to be seen.....

10+ Year Old Account
    By the way ghosts and spirits in wow talk to the living all the time and it isn't beyond a priest, shaman, and druid to more susceptible to spirits talking to them.

Christ, these forum posts are becoming downright idiotic.

First of all, he's at least in part a priest. No shit he has some connection to the spirits.

Second, it's pretty damn clear to me and anyone with a lick of storytelling sense that the vision Anduin received was very very likely sent to him by Vol'jin, you know, the dead guy. The guy who would want them to help save Baine. You know. The spirit.

Use your head before posting.

7+ Year Old Account
    i don't see much problem in this rly, characters talk with spirits all the time, and he is a priest

i find the spider light sense way worse than this

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Beyond this new spirit bizarrity - why did Sylvanas wait weeks to kill him?
    context matters, if she killed there, in that scenario, like with zeliek, im pretty sure it would be chaos, and her neck would be in danger, doubt Rexxar would do nothing about, and many would stand with him

this way,she would put him in chains, spread words of his "treason" and she would have the "right" to do so without consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    You mean someone that's Holy can speak with spirits?! AHMAGAD WAT IS THUS NEW THING?!!?! lol...
    Speaking with spirits is more a tribal and shamanistic thing not a priest thing.

I can't wait to kill queen anduin.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Speaking with spirits is more a tribal and shamanistic thing not a priest thing.
    It's not exactly unknown though, is it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The player character who has also talked to spirits many times.

Context? "The spirits told me" what context you need? Our golden boy can now commune with the light, void AND the spirits now.
    ...So he's a priest is what you're saying?
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Don't tell that to Nyami.

Actually, I misread this part the first time I read it and thought it was the Light that gave him the vision, because that is something we knew about him that happens occasionally.
    But 'the spirits' whispering to him is a little stranger and I'm not actually sure that it is a good thing and may explain why the Sunreavers know specifically that Jaina is coming to free Baine.

Also, any spirits whispering or getting visions from anywhere is no feat of anyone's own. It's the spirits' doing (whatever spirits it may be), not Anduin's. It's no accomplishment to receive an unbidden vision or whispers. Quite the contrary actually.