Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgee View Post
    Not necessarily. We might defeat her to the point of exhaustion, then some in-game cutscene occurs where N'zoth just obliterates or absorbs her body or something, just leaving us a loot chest. Just because we don't see her still body doesn't mean she doesn't die for good.
    I personally think that the last (possibly Mythic only) stage of her fight is actually N'Zoth fighting, while Azshara is on the ground doing her best uncoscious essential Skyrim NPC impression. Otherwise Blizzard wouldn't even bother with such a special animation when the cutscene would just immidiately start at her hitting 0% health.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Where have you seen this animation?
    Can find a link to the model viewer here: https://www.wowhead.com/news=283736/...del-animations
    Pretty interesting.

If it's not a PH then it's likely that she releases him as a last measure when she realizes she can't defeat us in the raid. Else why would she not have released him years ago? Imo she's been keeping him locked up and abusing his power for herself and her armies, but I could be wrong and it could definitely be a placeholder too.

My theory is that she won't die in the raid. She will free N'zoth from his prison and he will teleport her to Ny'alotha (wherever the fuck that place is) making her a first tier or dungeon boss of the next expansion.

Just a speculation ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Can find a link to the model viewer here: https://www.wowhead.com/news=283736/...del-animations
    Pretty interesting.
    Thanks!
    Huh... Really interesting animation indeed, I can't remember any boss having anything similar. Even Garrosh looked quite dead despite surviving.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    She allows us in her normally underwater domain. She uses the Tidestone to make it possible for us to reach her. She even says that we enter her palace only because she wants us in. She most certainly has her own plans and we are the pawns.

I bet she survives.

According to datamining, she uses our Heart of Azeroth to free N'Zoth. And then she probably dies.

There you go. The most predictable, bland and uninteresting plot story that ends one of the most iconic villains in WoW.

Azshara is Team Nzoth. People just fell for the fake leak.

Somewhere in this plot i'm expecting Mankrik's wife to come back...revealing that she is in fact N'zoth or Azshara!
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Azshara is doing the same thing to N'zoth. That Sargeras was doing to Argus,using his power for her own purpose. So the writters/narrative team are rehashing story somewhat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    She wants to lure us to N'zoth's prison because the Heart of Azeroth is the final key to unlock his prison.

Also she likely does not die.

Seems like Jaina and Thalyssra bind her. Could be that they use N'zoth's prison after he escapes and bind her in his stead?
    After the end of the raid, Lor'themar talks about Azshara's fall.

Lor'themar: I will tell my people what transpired here. Of how Azshara fell because we stood together. Of the threat rising from the depths, and all that is at stake if we should fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    After the end of the raid, Lor'themar talks about Azshara's fall.

Lor'themar: I will tell my people what transpired here. Of how Azshara fell because we stood together. Of the threat rising from the depths, and all that is at stake if we should fail.
    She is sealed not killed

Jaina: Thalyssra, aid me! Together we can hold her here!
    Thalyssra: Now you will know what it means to be trapped, Azshara!
    Azshara: Azshara: I am Azshara! I was destined to rule! No force can bind me!
    Shandris: Once again your empire crumbles, Azshara. Your master will be disappointed by this failure.
    Jaina: She wanted us divided. Fighting each other kept us distracted from the true threat.
    Lor'themar: Azshara wasn't the only one manipulating us. I should have seen it sooner.

15+ Year Old Account
    To fall means to be defeated, not to die.
    It actually means both.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    She is sealed not killed
    Hopefully she has another role to play, getting rid of her in 1 patch wouldn't be fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Hopefully she has another role to play, getting rid of her in 1 patch wouldn't be fitting.
    I would love to see that N'Zoth has the chance to free her but decide to keep her in there.

I can see it now, at the end of the expansion Sylvanas frees Azshara and takes her through time to an alternate Ancient Azeroth where the Night Elf empire never fell!
    I would love to play that!

15+ Year Old Account
    It means to be defeated and can imply being killed by consequence. We have strings showing that she is sealed, not killed, which still qualifies as having fallen in battle.
    Fall in battle means literally die while fighting. That's what fall in battle means. You cannot say " he fell in battle " and expect that person to have survived. That's pure common sense. It only has a different meaning in WoW because it's a fantasyverse. In Azshara's case, if the strings are about her last moments in the raid, then fall means " getting defeated ". However in real life, fall in battle = be killed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    Can't kill the old god if he is sealed away.
    Can't steal his power if you cannot kill him.
    Vote 2020, Azshara for Sha-Queen!
    she has my vote
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by JMitchy96 View Post
    If it's not a PH then it's likely that she releases him as a last measure when she realizes she can't defeat us in the raid. Else why would she not have released him years ago? Imo she's been keeping him locked up and abusing his power for herself and her armies, but I could be wrong and it could definitely be a placeholder too.
    In the datamined dialogues, she says the heart of azeroth is the only thing powerful enough to release him fron the titan prision
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    In the datamined dialogues, she says the heart of azeroth is the only thing powerful enough to release him fron the titan prision
    Probably explains why he or one of his agents tried to break into the Chamber of Heart previously, as well.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    I see! So that explains the whole "The King of Diamonds has been made a Pawn" thing then!