Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    No, i just do not want to play dungeons in world of warcraft. And i think they should be no prereqiusite for allied races. That is neither trolling, nor baiting, just my playstyle.
    If you cannot earn them the easy way, you don't really want them. The dungeons aren't an obstacle, you are. You seem the be the person preventing yourself from gaining this Allied race.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    In the time you've spent replying to this thread you could have gotten the dungeons over with already. You don't have to interact with the people in them. You can turn off chat.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

won't do 3 dungeons that will take literally a maximum of 1 hour to do total

l m f a o

This is the type of player Blizzard has bred nowadays, no fault but their own :/

Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    Soo I read this... and I am thinking to myself... "This kid really must not like Dungeons" If you don't like Dungeons... Why exactly are you playing WoW?
    Because of the open world content. Also, i love lore and to play alts and many chars. I level them up to 120, play a lot of world quests, warfronts and world bosses. And avoid dungeons, raids or anything that is premade or needs a group you have to commit to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    If you cannot earn them the easy way, you don't really want them. The dungeons aren't an obstacle, you are. You seem the be the person preventing yourself from gaining this Allied race.
    No, actually having to run dungeons prevents me from getting the Kul Tiran allied race. Beside the fact it is unfair compared to Zandalari, where you need no dungeon visits.

10+ Year Old Account
    How were you able to manage in Legion then? All of the Order Hall questlines had dungeon requirements so by that logic you wouldnt have been able to even level your artifact. It is perfectly fine to add different requirements for different types of content, wether it's solo, raiding, pvp or pve. If you're not willing to do the content required, then you can't get reward, that's it. I love the PVP mounts but I don't like to PVP, so I just won't ever have them. And that's ok.

I thought it was a bad/low quality image upload on the article and tried to find a high res photo upload.

Doesn't make it any less significant though.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Do you generally deny doing anything out of your comfort zone?
    Yes, actually, this is a computer game. I limit my gaming experience completely to my confort zone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snicket Lad View Post
    How were you able to manage in Legion then? All of the Order Hall questlines had dungeon requirements so by that logic you wouldnt have been able to even level your artifact. It is perfectly fine to add different requirements for different types of content, wether it's solo, raiding, pvp or pve. If you're not willing to do the content required, then you can't get reward, that's it. I love the PVP mounts but I don't like to PVP, so I just won't ever have them. And that's ok.
    I cannot remember legion class hall needed dungeons. AFAIR, you could skip those parts for your order hall.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, actually having to run dungeons prevents me from getting the Kul Tiran allied race. Beside the fact it is unfair compared to Zandalari, where you need no dungeon visits.
    Then go play the Horde allied races if you want it a little easier. If not, stop preventing yourself from unlocking what you want. Only yourself to blame on this part. You want them, you work for them.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

No, sorry, i do not like dungeons. Way too linear content. I want to play in the open world. I only would play dungeons if i could do that with npcs.
    If you dont want to play the dungeons, then you don't get access to the allied race, simple as that. The only thing I can get behind is the mythic only dungeon you need, that seems a bit too much, but the other ones can be completed on normal.

Oh well. Your loss if you can't be bothered to spent 15 minutes button mashing with people who you have zero obligations to even talk to. I got all of the allied races and did things I didn't want to. But thats what you gotta do if you want the shiny race.

PS: zandalari do need a dungeon
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaebryel Quintyne View Post
    I don't get what is so scary about dungeons... They are easy to do. And you can Q up for them now, especially Siege of Boralus.
    Anxiety sucks and people are assholes. In the last two expansions, I've run less than a dozen dungeons with other people. And none of them have been harder than normal.

I'm still working up the nerve to run LFR Jaina for the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Orc12 View Post
    This is the type of player Blizzard has bred nowadays, no fault but their own :/
    Na, the assbag community gets credit for that.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2019-04-17 at 07:23 PM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, actually, this is a computer game. I limit my gaming experience completely to my confort zone.

- - - Updated - - -

I cannot remember legion class hall needed dungeons. AFAIR, you could skip those parts for your order hall.
    I doubt you limit this practice in WoW when you have to do something as trivial as playing 10-15mins of your gaming time in a dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Then go play the Horde allied races if you want it a little easier. If not, stop preventing yourself from unlocking what you want. Only yourself to blame on this part. You want them, you work for them.
    I play Zandalari alts already. Yet, i also would like to play Kul Tirans. And if possible, in the lifetime of the actual expac.

I cannot as i need to run dungeons. So all i have left is to wait for the next expac for kul tirans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    I doubt you limit this practice in WoW when you have to do something as trivial as playing 10-15mins of your gaming time in a dungeon.
    Sure i would do, as i had to play one of the group play components i do not like. And if i say "do not like", the truth is i hate them. Deeply.

7+ Year Old Account
    Go play Swtor if you don't want to play with people, or a single player game like Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Witcher, Dragon Age...the utter ridiculousness of this community is becoming more maddening then Old God whispers

Do what makes you happy but if you can't be bothered running dungeons a single time on an effectively soloable difficulty then its probably time to go play a single player game.

They have made this game so absurdly accessible to people of all types, and STILL people act like its inaccessible.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I play Zandalari alts already. Yet, i also would like to play Kul Tirans. And if possible, in the lifetime of the actual expac.

I cannot as i need to run dungeons. So all i have left is to wait for the next expac for kul tirans.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure i would do, as i had to play one of the group play components i do not like. And if i say "do not like", the truth is i hate them. Deeply.
    Does that hate come from a specific experience? If you have a friend you can duo the dungeon.

Why do you pretend to know if i am an exception or one of a larger player pool?

You do know nothing about which kind of players play WoW.
    You're playing a genre that is utterly unsuitable to your preferred playstyle. That kinda comes with the territory. Most people also aren't so violently opposed to group play as to completely refuse it for no good reason or have your arbitrary distinction between dungeons and "actually dungeons but i don't count them".

It is inside an instance, but not inside a dungeon. Actually, the region is part of the world. Reused assets from existing wow regions.
    So is more than one dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    They have made this game so absurdly accessible to people of all types, and STILL people act like its inaccessible.
    It would be even more accessible if there were no dungeon or raid prerequsites for allied races.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You're playing a genre that is utterly unsuitable to your preferred playstyle.
    No it is not. You mix up your paradigm with the fact an MMORPG is about a shared open world where people play alongside. And not entirely about group play only.

Also, you moved the goalpost. Fact is, you know a shit if my playstyle is played by a minority.

I do not like to play with others. And try to avoid it whenever possible.

I will rather skip Kul Tirans until next expac before i play any dungeon content i cannot solo.
    So whats the problem? Dont play with others and wait till you can solo it.

Hey duselsteiner, I understand you don't like to involve yourself with other players. It is fully justified, it is a game and you play it like you want.
    If you use the LFG tool you will be paired with total strangers, and I swear like 99.9% of the time they won't even say a word, it's just like playing with NPCs, if you queue as damage all you have to do is stand behind the tank and kill things. I'm with you, a dungeon should not be required to unlock them, but it is. So just give it a try, it won't be as bad as you think. (I'm antisocial as hell, trust me).