Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Why would it not be able to contain an entity if it's already contained a similar one. Is your skepticism just that the process of binding itself is beyond the current story's reach?
    I guess it comes down to one of two options:

1) A blade was created (by someone/something) and at some point captured (at least in part) the essence of an Old God (or something that thinks itself on their level)

or

2) An Old God at some point was killed and all that remained of it was crafted into a blade

If 1 is true, then it would absolutely be possible to capture other entities of similar attributes. If 2 is true, then once the entity is freed, why should it be able to hold anything else? If anything, it would serve only to house Xal'Atath or Atath or whatever the entity's real name is. Why would it hold anything other than the essence of the being it was once?

Until more is known about the blade and it's capabilities, it just seems like a stretch for someone to capture an entity as powerful as an Old God, especially when it seems its the Old God giving Sylvanas directions on how to capture it.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    there is something fishy going on. why would nzoth demand to keep the blade after giving xalatath a body, just leave it on the floor, and let random people take it and give it to their leader? nzoth is planning something and it involves sylvanas. it's probably a safe bet that nzoth is the one seperating voljin from bwonsamdi and was also the one whispering to voljin on his death bed.

my guess is that nzoth kept the blade that can imprison an old god and wanted sylvanas to get it and did something to the blade so that nzoth can activate the imprisoning spell on sylvanas and most, or all, of her undead. the void is deathly afraid of undeath so this would be a method of getting rid of most independant actors just leaving bolvar 'lich king' fordragon and his mindless undead army.
    I c what u did ther

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    While Sylvanas is a garbage villain, N'zoth has yet to disappoint me so far.
    Wait till the Blizzard writers really get their hands on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Neverafter View Post
    I guess it comes down to one of two options:

1) A blade was created (by someone/something) and at some point captured (at least in part) the essence of an Old God (or something that thinks itself on their level)

or

2) An Old God at some point was killed and all that remained of it was crafted into a blade

If 1 is true, then it would absolutely be possible to capture other entities of similar attributes. If 2 is true, then once the entity is freed, why should it be able to hold anything else? If anything, it would serve only to house Xal'Atath or Atath or whatever the entity's real name is. Why would it hold anything other than the essence of the being it was once?

Until more is known about the blade and it's capabilities, it just seems like a stretch for someone to capture an entity as powerful as an Old God, especially when it seems its the Old God giving Sylvanas directions on how to capture it.
    I think the very fact that she was able to be separated, rather than the blade being inherently who she is, somewhat precludes the second option. If the Blade were (just) the remains of an Old God, it would be all she is and it would not be of particular value to N'zoth (he could just make his own from his own flesh). But I also think the two aren't mutually exclusive. Even if the Blade was the crafted remains of and Old God, it housed that sentient essence and is now empty. The Black Blade has a penchant for consumption, just because it was fundamentally a container for one thing doesn't mean it couldn't be altered or accept another.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone on Reddit realized that the story is eerily similar to Bionicle G1 and wrote up comparison notes which is an interesting read.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

She's gonna seal him in the blade at the end and the next expansion cinematic is going to open with her defeating Bolvar and taking the Helm of Domination

"Wrath of the Bitch Queen" or something like that.

Sylvanas sends her people to where Azshara is, Alliance are there only to fight the Horde at first. What if Sylvanas with the help of some fat chick, got in touch with Azshara and worked a plan to seal him in the blade, basically freeing Azshara from what control N'zoth may have over her. If Azshara happens to die(maybe she'll run away) she could always have a deal where Sylvanas or Helya bring her back and at least Helya has the power to do it, even forging her a different body if need be. Undead naga next expansion, led by an undead Naga queen elven val'kyr hybrid? Maybe not, but I still think Sylvanas is going to seal him in the blade and go after the Helm of Domination.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    It makes sense that's her plan for the blade. But why the war?

Why did she burn Teldrassil?

Why did she set everyone against her?

Why her hardon for hate against the Proudmoores? So much so as to take their long-dead son and raise him, attempting to use him as a psychological weapon?

What does all of THAT have to do with her trapping N'Zoth? Why didn't she just spell it out and have people help her?
    Death is a great way to fuel certain entities. A war creates a ton of that fuel for some beings in the Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Someone on Reddit realized that the story is eerily similar to Bionicle G1 and wrote up comparison notes which is an interesting read.
    Everyone should read this Reddit. I will say it is very compelling and if it goes this way I think the dagger will end up in the Shadowlands not in space and we will have to rescue Azeroth from Death itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    So she killed thousands, possibly millions, to BRING the old gods out, just to trap them?

That seems really stupid when the plan for the old god is to arrive anyway.
    Because she might know it is impossible to defeat him the minute he breaks out. At least with our normal powers at hand.

Maybe she pulls an ozymandias and kills everyone with unleashing a full liberated N'zoth over the heads of everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    The God of the Deep, so ancient and cunning, is too smart to fall for Sylvanas' little tricks. He could see her intentions coming from miles away. You forget that N'zoth is so intelligent that even defeats work in his favour. He will not be outsmarted by some upstart Banshee who cannot even win a war against a boy king.
    N'zoth is only as smart as the story demands.

There will be some magical mcguffin or chosen one who will be the key N'zoth overlooked and it will be his down fall. His end will be just as unsatisfying as every major villian we have had since.... ever.

I am just saying that everytime Blizzard makes a powerful villian it's the same song and dance, and the enemies are always scary untill we exploit some major incompetence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    That is what they want you to think, there will be a twist.
    Like Teldrassil was a twist?

Like Mists 2.0 was a twist?

Like N'zoth being the final boss was a twist?

Except that Blizzard knows how to write a smart villain. At least, N'zoth in Cataclysm was very smart. He was the master puppeteer who used Deathwing to break the very foundations of the world and Azshara to dominate the oceans of the world. He also twisted several elemental lords to join his cause. What's more, by starting the Cataclysm, N'zoth effectively caused the mortal leaders to declare war on each other out of desperate need for resources in a dying world.

N'zoth came so close to ushering the final Hour of Twilight, and he only miscalculated Green Jesus. To be fair, no one could have expected that they would learn how to defeat Deathwing and even travel to the past to retrieve the only weapon that could annihilate N'zoth's greatest champion.

If Thrall and the other Aspects never retrieved the Dragon Soul, N'zoth would have triumphed and Deathwing would have annihilated every mortal defense.

Even so, as I was saying before, defeat ultimately worked in N'zoth's favour. Even though he lost his strongest champion, N'zoth set off the chain of events that would cause tensions between the mortal races to explode into a new world war. What's more, despite his defeat, he managed to minimize the losses by keeping Azshara and his faceless armies away from the war.

So YES, Blizzard has shown that they can write N'zoth as a competent and brilliant antagonist, an ominous master manipulator. I will be pissed off, or even quit, If N'zoth is dumbed down to the point that he can be outsmarted by an idiotic Banshee who can't even beat a boy king. The Cataclysm shows that N'zoth is the most cunning and cautious villain in Warcraft, on the level of Kil'jaeden and Ner'zhul for sure.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-04-18 at 11:41 AM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    N'zoth is only as smart as the story demands.

There will be some magical mcguffin or chosen one who will be the key N'zoth overlooked and it will be his down fall. His end will be just as unsatisfying as every major villian we have had since.... ever.

I am just saying that everytime Blizzard makes a powerful villian it's the same song and dance, and the enemies are always scary untill we exploit some major incompetence.
    You mean like we flawlessly defeated Sargeras without taking so much as a scratch?

Oh, wait...

Looks like I was right and it isn't just speculation anymore please remove the speculation from the topic

Even Bellular agrees and he has been pretty spot on with everything

Looks like I was right and it isn't just speculation anymore please remove the speculation from the topic

Even Bellular agrees and he has been pretty spot on with everything
    Actually, the loyalist cutscene throws it out the window. Sylvanas wants N'zoth freed so he causes death and carnage. She has no intention of capturing it.

So if anything, the [Speculation] should be changed to [Debunked].

What some streamer says has no real bearing, since he's not privy to any more information on the topic than we are.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Actually, the loyalist cutscene throws it out the window. Sylvanas wants N'zoth freed so he causes death and carnage. She has no intention of capturing it.

What some streamer says has no real bearing, since he's not privy to any more information on the topic than we are.
    Except to the point where she says N'Zoth will serve death. Likely by dying or being caged and drained in an artifact.
    You can't trap anybody that is already trapped, you know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasVonTzeskagrad View Post
    Except to the point where she says N'Zoth will serve death. Likely by dying or being caged and drained in an artifact.
    Exactly. Sylvanas used the Horde to create as much death and destruction as she could and abandoned the Horde once they realised she was using them.

Similarly, N'zoth will 'serve death' by following his own goals and murdering as many members of the Alliance and Horde sent to fight him. The longer he is active, the more he serves death because the higher the body count will be. But in the end, as we beat him, his usefulness as an independent agent of death will be exhausted. Sylvanas will then be strongly incentivised to repurpose him to serve death more directly by trapping him in the blade.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post

She indeed is going to capture his essence in the blade, it is the biggest move she can make and then she can force him to do her bidding. My guess is right before the raid dies she is going to step in and perform a ritual to capture him and there will be nothing we can do and she will finish us all off.

Azshara is going to take over Azeroth if we go to the Shadowlands though as we will no longer be there to protect her.

PS Also expect Dark Ranger as the next class if we are going to the Shadowlands, I think it will mirror the DK starting area style where you are loyal to her and over time decide that she is not who you want to follow anymore. Nathanos and her elite Dark Rangers will be your teachers, and it will take place all in the Ghostlands.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasVonTzeskagrad View Post
    No. N'zoth serves Death by causing a big fight between his forces and ours, leading to large quantities of fatalities. She explicitly says so.

- - - Updated - - -

She indeed is going to capture his essence in the blade, it is the biggest move she can make
    Is it? Can she? Is the blade even capable of that? You simply assume that's a guaranteed thing.

We don't even know if she still has the dagger at this point, nor is it guaranteed that she would succeed, if she has a way of doing it and the means to do so.