Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Real question is - is there anything he can't do ?

Our spiritual liege is simply that amazing. I daresay anduin wrynn is one of the greatest, if not THE greatest characters ever created in fiction.
    Anduin isn´t as bad as the Ultrasmurfs and Grey Knights under Ward, at least not atm.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    You sure?

I mean, the Holy Auchenai communed with all the spirits attracted by D'ore, and those weren't powerful - they just were there.

Anduin talking with spirits is unprecedented, but totally plausible for him. Could even be the same thing that tinkered Vol'jin's return to Azeroth whisping Anduin to save Baine this time.
    Draenei are another thing because they have some affinity with Death(maybe because of Argus being a titan with death magic) that is why they have in the AU the position of Death-Speaker. Humans in other hand even with the light they can't talk with spirit save for exceptional ocassion and that is only in high sacred places like the tomb of Uther in Legion and the spirit of papa mograine inside of the ashbringer. If anything this is another plot device by the current incompetent writing team that wants to make him Medan. However if this is from N'zoth or some death entity that is whispering him, then oh boy this has become more interesting
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Draenei are another thing because they have some affinity with Death(maybe because of Argus being a titan with death magic) that is why they have in the AU the position of Death-Speaker. Humans in other hand even with the light they can't talk with spirit save for exceptional ocassion and that is only in high sacred places like the tomb of Uther in Legion and the spirit of papa mograine inside of the ashbringer. If anything this is another plot device by the current incompetent writing team that wants to make him Medan. However if this is from N'zoth or some death entity that is whispering him, then oh boy this has become more interesting
    I can't find any source to back this up. In fact, there doesn't appear to be any "Death-Speakers" on AU Draenor at all, only among the Auchenai of Outland who were corrupted by, and wielded Void magic.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    Golden's pet character for you. he can go no wrong and gets all the powers. a priest with paladin abilities and now shaman ones.
    Or and hear me out, it’s Vol’jin who sent visions to anduin. You know vol’jin, the guy who would certainly want to save baine and is currently a spirit as far as we know.

I have no idea why people jump so far ahead and start foaming at the mouth before forming any actual possibilities. I’m not saying I’m correct but Vol’jin sending Anduin visions of Baine getting executed makes a lot more sense than people randomly getting mad about Anduin supposedly having shaman powers.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I can't find any source to back this up. In fact, there doesn't appear to be any "Death-Speakers" on AU Draenor at all, only among the Auchenai of Outland who were corrupted by, and wielded Void magic.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Exarch_Mal...nate_universe)

Speaker for the dead to be more precisely. Also this: https://www.wowhead.com/item=112121/draenei-tail
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    So this is why they got rid of Med'an. We have his replacement now.
    We do not speak his name.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Beyond this new spirit bizarrity - why did Sylvanas wait weeks to kill him?
    Honestly she should have killed him instantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    Context? "The spirits told me" what context you need? Our golden boy can now commune with the light, void AND the spirits now.
    Literally anyone in this game is capable of being contacted by spirits or greater entities. It's not a sign of power, and it's not a mark of a mary sue character.
    ( -> | |=====-~
    / ) \ | |
    - " "-| |
    ( -> | |====~
    / ) \ | |
    -" "-| |

Priests can do visions no? umm Velen says hello?

10+ Year Old Account
    HE says spirits we all know it;s Old Gods
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Do we know context of his visions? Maybe he was high from drugs/potions? Maybe Talia stimulated his vision rod at that particular moment

The latter means nothing.

It's because Draenei culure is so intertwined with the Light that places like Auchindoun exist. The entirety of its purpose is to house and protect the souls of their dead and provide them respite in the Light. Humans also have mausoleums, and even some of those have restless spirits when left untended, but none are to the scale of Auchindoun. The only affinity this proves Draenei have is towards the Light.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some people are getting really worked up by a Priest doing some classical priestly mediumship.

I mean, Anduin was trained by Velen and others, and recently in the books he demonstrated weird powers related to his injury when Garrosh pushed the Divine Bell on his face. Talking to spirits is easy for any Alliance Priest, especially one with his training. And, being in his position, I bet the spirits actually seek him.

It's because Draenei culure is so intertwined with the Light that places like Auchindoun exist. The entirety of its purpose is to house and protect the souls of their dead and provide them respite in the Light. Humans also have mausoleums, and even some of those have restless spirits when left untended, but none are to the scale of Auchindoun. The only affinity this proves Draenei have is towards the Light.
    Yep.

Actually one of the points of AU was showing their culture before the orcs and you can see survivors and people from the original Argus trying to recuperate their loss technology while also keeping some elements in their culture. This is exactly the reason why the exarch Maladaar and his soulbinders can speak with the dead in rituals while the humans can't do that unless they are in some holy ground and said spirit also wants to talk with them. Really dude I don't know what is your point to discuss here

Whatever it was that spoke to Anduin, he sent his squad straight into a trap because of it. A trap for Jaina, not for 'traitors' in general. So for the Alliance squad specifically (although it's certainly no accident that they are trapped along with Jaina).

"Spirits" can be just about everything and can speak to everyone if they so choose. Not if the person in question chooses, but if they choose. So, no, I don't think Anduin has become a shaman suddenly. I'm thinking more along the lines of Ner'zhul being tricked, Abbendis being tricked and Vol'jin being tricked. Ner'zhul and Vol'jin were actually practiced in this kind of thing and couldn't tell the difference. Abbendis identified the orders of the 'Light' as wrong, but went along with it anyway, because 'obedience'. Anduin knows nothing about it, only that Baine is about to die and the spirits may actually be interested in preventing that. Of course he would fall for it.
    And in case somebody brings up his magic bones, those only work when something endangers the 'great plan'. They don't work if something is going wrong and 'the plan' needs it to (like with Calia).

Actually one of the points of AU was showing their culture before the orcs and you can see survivors and people from the original Argus trying to recuperate their loss technology while also keeping some elements in their culture. This is exactly the reason why the exarch Maladaar and his soulbinders can speak with the dead in rituals while the humans can't do that unless they are in some holy ground and said spirit also wants to talk with them. Really dude I don't know what is your point to discuss here
    "Draenei can speak to the dead because they're trying to recuperate their loss in technology" is nonsense, so I guess there isn't much of a point to discuss.

Any corpse is a potent ingredient to a necromancer. Auchindoun is the definition of Holy ground. Priests like Maladaar commune with spirits because of the Light. There is no evidence of Draenei having an affiliation with Death magic. That's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    So this is why they got rid of Med'an. We have his replacement now.
    Knew Med'an name was to short now you found the last puzzle piece. Its Medanduin.

"Draenei can speak to the dead because they're trying to recuperate their loss in technology" is nonsense, so I guess there isn't much of a point to discuss.

Any corpse is a potent ingredient to a necromancer. Auchindoun is the definition of Holy ground. Priests like Maladaar commune with spirits because of the Light. There is no evidence of Draenei having an affiliation with Death magic. That's about it.
    Ok I see where you are going and just check out your historial. Good day

Even if these quotes are correctly attributed to him, which seems unlikely imo but you never know, this isn't really out of the ordinary for any priest and it certainly doesn't make him a Mary Sue.

This thread is just a typical whining about Anduin thread, should probably just make a megathread for that at this point and contain it all in one place so it doesn't plague the rest of the forums.

So Anduin got the Med'an toolkit from the sounds of things.