Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just saw everything from the 8.2 ptr current build. I think after this patch I am done with this expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

what positives exactly?

I don't post much anymore because you just get shat on for being positive about the game. Better to just enjoy it and keep away from forum toxicity

PS. And don't forget to buy a token, or a store mount or two. Forum whiners won't do that, but us who enjoy the game can support it this way.

Why should we lie to make up positive things?

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    MMO-C hasn't been the home of positivity for as long as I've been here.

But threads speculating about upcoming content seem to draw less haters and more of the players actually enjoying the game.
    And let's not forget, people on MMO-C always used the extreme language to express their feels. They'll always appeal to majority by saying "and most players agree" or "majority of players have left cuz of X feature" and so on to add non-existent weight to their purely subjective views on the world.
    Even during WOTLK, when we literally knew that the game had 12 million subscribers, were there people on these forums saying "Nah those are fake numbers how I feel = what the majority agrees with".

If you enjoy BfA, good for you. If you don't, sucks for you. Not a single iteration of the game saw the playerbase united whilst current, not even WoD. The game has been dead/dying since the first changes were implemented and individuals didn't like said changes on a personal level. Every expansion has been literally the worst, nothing's ever good, Blizz doesn't care and Activision are Satan incarnate.

Meanwhile, I'm starting to enjoy BfA again, slowly but surely. Feels good! Go by how YOU feel, not by how strangers on a forum known to draw the Negative Nancies of the fanbase feel.
    literally this , people forget outrages like gear score in wotlk or how dungeons were faceroll.besides ulduar all other raids were a joke.
    the same applies to mop

There would be plenty of positivity if the game was in a healthy state.

It isn't.

It shouldn't be that difficult to understand that when a game is in a sorry state, it's playerbase won't be happy about it. Sure, there have always been complainers and whiners, but not to the extent that every post is about a problem with the game.

I think it’s mostly people taking advantage of the hate train or just trolling but there are legit people who give constructive criticisms but it gets buried beneath the trash that is mmo champion. It’s the same amount of vitriol from other expansions so it doesn’t bother me.
    Last edited by Legends303; 2019-04-17 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    There would be plenty of positivity if the game was in a healthy state.

It isn't.

It shouldn't be that difficult to understand that when a game is in a sorry state, it's playerbase won't be happy about it. Sure, there have always been complainers and whiners, but not to the extent that every post is about a problem with the game.
    Which would entail that WoW was always in a sorry state, from the very first changes applied. Never more than 12 million retained players, over 100 million accounts created.

More like: There's never going to be a slam dunk iteration of a game that manages to please everyone. If ANYONE could produce such a product, they'd be printing gold and leave every other product in the dust. No, not even the now glorified WOTLK was a slam dunk when current, it had the "playerbase" (aka vocal minority visiting forums) whining left right and center about everything from welfare epix to nothing to do between farming currency and reset.

WoW being in a sorry state is entirely subjective, no matter how much individuals like to pretend that their opinions and feels are somehow objective.

In my decade of playing I've only experienced one point in time where the game delivered less than it had historically (and thus what was expected), and that was during WoD. Even that expansion is now being glorified at increasing rate since it's no longer current.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-04-17 at 11:47 PM.

dunno cant really remember anything posivite was said over current content since i started reading these forums in tbc.

people complain for the sake of complaining. The uproar after they reused nax in wotlk(the most successful expansion), was crazy.

Or everyone said for years they wanted the old content updated then cata came and everyone just cried. It's really just people beeing people.

Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    Like holy priests artifact ability, playing without it just feels bad.
    Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? I never in my entire life thought anyone would complement that ability and I played holy for a good chunk of the expansion (and priest the whole expansion).

I don't really get the need to be overly positive about a game on an internet forum about said game as paying or formerly paying customers? It's like any business. The comment cards/feedback are going to be mostly negative (hopefully constructive), because that is what motivates most people to speak up. The product isn't living up to their expectations. There's nothing wrong with that. If you love the product, there's really nothing to write about. You keep buying it.

Blizzard pays plenty of people to be overly positive about the game. Like certain Devs and CMs and their interviews, presentations and twitter feeds. There's nothing wrong with that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    People meet and get married because of WoW
    Even I met a girl in WoW and we dated for a while.

Hundreads of mini stories and rivalries.
    People to meet, people to talk to.
    You are not describing WOW. You are describing PEOPLE!

Things like meeting a girl and getting married and talking to people can and are done almost any other place besides WoW. Those things are not exclusive to WoW, and the fact that you might have had some good experiences in the game does not justify the bad aspects of it.

You clearly don't understand these concepts.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Azerate @Queen of Hamsters

Go back and read my post about enjoying wow. If you're having fun and enjoying WoW, that's on you. But be absolutely certain and aware of what cost that fun comes at.

If you're being shat on for being positive about the game, it's probably because more and more people are becoming aware of just how bad WoW and Blizzard are becoming. But if you want to bury your head in the sand and ignore all the problems and flaws with it, I guess that's your prerogative.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    I'd let it go now.

He just posted another generic story reply, completely ignoring everything you wrote.

I don't know if it's that he doesn't understand the content of your posts or he's young as you said.
    I suspect he's either a literal paid shill, or someone not mature enough to re-assess his point of view when new information is presented.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? I never in my entire life thought anyone would complement that ability and I played holy for a good chunk of the expansion (and priest the whole expansion).
    I actually had to look it up because I had forgotton what it was. What does that say about the spell?

Other than what I posted before about human nature, this thread is generally positive

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...later)/page282

Just people commenting on what they're looking forward/explorations and findings on the PTR. Megathreads like these tend to be more conversational and chill

10+ Year Old Account
    Truth? The reality is I don't know why anyone who is enjoying the game would be here except perhaps out of habit. It's thankless and you simply open yourself up to people screaming and insulting you for having a different opinion on things. So that leaves the rest.

I suppose if you enjoy the game at all you're probably going to Blizz's forums. If you have any really constructive criticism that's where it ought to be anyway.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I suspect he's either a literal paid shill, or someone not mature enough to re-assess his point of view when new information is presented.
    What information is presented? You mean...a subjective information?
    Because it is subjective.

Millions of people are having fun in WoW right now.

Millions of people are not having fun with WoW right now.

That is not subjective.
    WoW can be the perfect game for many. I know i am enjoying it....so there....im proof WoW can be a good game for someone.
    And you are proof the game is bad for someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    What information is presented? You mean...a subjective information?
    Because it is subjective.

Millions of people are having fun in WoW right now.

Millions of people are not having fun with WoW right now.

That is not subjective.
    WoW can be the perfect game for many. I know i am enjoying it....so there....im proof WoW can be a good game for someone.
    And you are proof the game is bad for someone.
    SirCowDog is a prime example of one of the resident posters convinced of his own superiority on these forums. Anyone not agreeing with him is a shill, fanboy/girl or deserves to be shat on.

I wouldn't bother, really. Placing them on ignore means many white-outs (hint please hide their names and posts entirely when ignored! hint hint) but at least one doesn't have to witness their constant and fruitless efforts to make others as miserable as themselves.

You enjoy the game? Good! You're a happier person than they are!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Other than what I posted before about human nature, this thread is generally positive

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...later)/page282

Just people commenting on what they're looking forward/explorations and findings on the PTR. Megathreads like these tend to be more conversational and chill
    Agreed.

Sometimes the Negative Nancies enter to try and drag everyone down, but for the most part such threads tend to be about looking forward to what's next, thus draws people enjoying the game enough to care about such things.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-04-18 at 12:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Let's drop the "paid shill" BS. Someone always trots it out to try and discredit someone. It's old, annoying and ignores the plain fact that these forums are relatively small and not worth paying anyone to try and influence. People have a right to their own opinions. If yours is different engage on that instead of reaching for tired BS that no one really believes. For instance:

There are currently 2513 users online. 349 members and 2164 guests as I write this. Literally, 13% of the number of people looking at this site can or are posting on it and many of those are off in OT. Who's going to pay for that? An influencer here writing positive stuff about the game is generally buried under a pile of hostility. The value is actually less than zero. If there are paid-by-Blizzard shills, they aren't here.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-04-18 at 12:55 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    Things I dislike about BFA

1. Class design is just a watered down version of legion, which leaves some specs feeling empty. I love Fury though, despite how weak it has been.

2. Azerite Armor. Thankfully, this is getting changed for the better, though it feels really shitty to be left with less than ideal pieces because RNG is a bitch and raids don't offer you the correct traits. Not every spec gets hit by this, but some do, or they are required to get deep into mythic to obtain the good piece.

3. Armor sets. I love me some transmog, but I have been very disappointed with the sets they are bringing out with each raid. All of the Uldir sets were fucking garbage. BoD has a nice mythic cloth set, but the rest just doesn't look all that appealing. Same goes for the 8.2 raid, mythic cloth looks nice, rest looks crap. I really wish they would bring back class sets. It feels as though the artists have restricted themselves by only making sets which fit the theme of the raid. Previous tiers were never like this, of course some classes got a theme, such as BRF warrior set, but that wasn't the theme for every set in that raid.

4. Content. Warfronts are boring, Islands are boring, WQ got stale very quickly, despite being fine with them in Legion. Uldir was my least favourite raid, BoD has been pretty good though. I don't pvp, so I can't share my experience with that.

5. The bugs. Don't get me started on the bugs.

Things I like about BFA

1. Quests/Zones. It's been an enjoyable experience. The art team always do a great job with the environments and zone design.

2. Dungeons/M+ Fun bosses, season 2 affix is fun, i've done more M+ this expansion than I did in legion.

I can't really think of anything else I like about it. I only log in to raid and do m+. I hope 8.2 can keep me more interested.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    There are no more Positives left in the game.

They removed it all with BFA
    Well...we felt that positivity had too much of a detrimental effect on the game. How much is too much? How many bad decisions do you make per good decision? We feel this is the right direction. With that said *aggressive forward hand gestures* We are always listening and are open to feedback!