Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonetheless View Post
    I worked for that mount back in Mists. I paid for it because i wanted to have the ability to cross on water without grinding for water walking potions. And that is because i like having alts and most of them made use of the mount while leveling.
    As things are now, if i want an alt of mine to use the Water Strider it can do it for free.

After the patch i will have to go and spent some not yet finalized amount of gold to buy back the feature i now have for free for my alts.
    This is completely stupid.
    Even if as seen as a minor frustration it really is an unnecessary annoyance that adds up to the things that were poorly thought out in this expansion.
    No you won't. On patch day you open your mail. Collect the free water walking and a[ply it to mount. All Alta that could use strider can now use water walking on all mounts. For a known fee. 0.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Nope I was just right on time then. To get out of a game that really isn't an MMORPG anymore.
    It's great the ignorant people are leaving the game. None will get the ability to water walk without getting the same rep they would need to before the patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    No, the thing that invalidates the work to get the water strider is that the mount itself is being nerfed.

Blizzard making the ability to have water walking easier for people without the strider IS NOT THE ISSUE. Blizzard could do that and leave the strider alone in the same way they are leaving the Sky Golem alone.

They are not because they are hung up on the mere existence of the water strider because they are just that stupid.
    No. Nerfing it would be removing it's water walking ability and leaving it at that. Instead we are going to be able to give any mount water walking, and those who earned the water strider will be given this for free.

Now: Water strider walks on water, no other mount does.

8.2: Water strider no longer walks on water, but every mount can with an item you are being given for free cause you have the strider.

Ya see. You all just want to bitch for the sake of bitching. This change affects nothing in any way except now you can use what ever mount you want for the exact same purpose as the water strider...except the Sky Golem.

Again, the Water strider is not being nerfed. It's effect is being basically spread to all of your other mounts. Cause, lets be serious, whose gonna use the other pieces of equipment? Except for like DKs and Shamans.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2019-04-17 at 08:19 PM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    This is a Blue response to what I thought was a well-written post from a player, who seems to be unlike most of the crazies (myself included) who rattle on here or on the WoW forums.

Just something I’d like to get your perspective on, if the character who earned the Anglers reputation along with the mount gets the water walking item for free, what would a fair price be for the alts to get it? If that character who earned the reputation and mount has the option to water walk (but might choose something else), do you feel that alts should have every single thing that the other characters have?

Also, just out of curiosity, how often would you estimate that you have you used the water strider mount in the 6+ years it’s been available?
    Thanks folks for chatting! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

This smells of the same craziness of the portals. Why on this planet, when your game is on fire to the point you have to make an "I am sorry our expansion failed to live up to our players expectations" tour to all the gamer media outlets, would you decide to start dismantling legacy systems that are largely used by the most loyal of players.

Of all the groups for Blizzard to alienate why choose your most loyal? Mind boggling.... Especially when you consider games like ESO and FF14 seem to listen to the wants and needs of its playerbase.
    Your post smells of self-entitlement and you should simply get over yourself and what you think everyone owes you.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    That is not the current state. If you have the mount it is disabled. You get water walking in your mail. Open mail. Apply equipment and then it is exactly the same except all mounts are water walking for all characters that could use the strider before patch.
    All your alts too?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    Your post smells of self-entitlement and you should simply get over yourself and what you think everyone owes you.
    Well Sunshine, it certainly sucks to admit that coming here and reading remarks like yours is more enjoyable than playing the actual game.

If you took the time to actually read my post, you would see that it is not about the change at all. It is about why Blizzard chooses to focus on silliness like removing portals so players can fully appreciate the art of the city or modifying mounts for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazr View Post
    Do you really think calling other people "whiny, special snowflakes" (don't have to guess how YOU vote) is any less of an example of "entitled" behavior? Love how you feel "entitled" to judge your opinions above theirs, as if your single, unproductive (and utterly lacking in empathy) OPINION is magically fact (cuz "you said so") and outweighs everyone else's combined.

First off, not everyone has had the mount for 6 years. Imagine spending a lot of time on this old, tedious, out of the way content, in lieu of other, more enjoyable things, and - within days or weeks - finding out the only reason you did it is going away. But hey, now you get a "discount" for something you have to buy for every. single. alt. so you can enjoy this feature again...which will take the place of some OTHER, NEW feature you otherwise COULD have enjoyed (not getting dazed, reduced fall damage). Unless you're a Shaman of DK (the only people seeming to benefit from this change), many or most people will wind up buying the water walking equipment for all their toons. Gee, what an upgrade vs. just switching to a mount you already had, that already did this - and did this FOR FREE once it had been tediously earned.

I've had the Azure Water Strider since MoP, but I can totally relate to the frustrations of people that recently unlocked it. I spent 50k gold on the Lightforged Augment rune, but only got to use it for a few months (I'd had surgery and been too ill to play WoW much of Legion) before they killed it for players higher than level 119. I also did RaF a number of times (recruiting myself) back in BC/Wrath, paying all that money to essentually "buy" myself the mount back when they were "per character," so I could still enjoy them as I was forced to change mains for the good of the raid multiple times. When mounts went account wide, was I given a token for each effectively lost "reward" so I could get one of the new pets or something? Nope. I basically lost the reward x 4 or so.

There was easy solution to the AWS problem. People that already had the Azure Waterstrider should be able to have water walking AT LEAST on that mount (if not all of them) in addition to something to put in the mount equipment slot. Anyone who didn't already have it should fall to the new system. The 'Grandfather Clause' is the right way to introduce a massive change. In fact, Blizzard did it (albeit without enough notice) when they made changes to RaF. If you were in the middle of it, you got to experience the old, actually worth it RaF. Everyone else going forward got the new, pointless version.

It was a completely reasonable way to have handled this controversy (as in, there would be no controversy), instead of ticking off an already unhappy player base - but Blizz oddly lacks care for player happiness. Sometimes I think they do crap like this just to tick us off (with Ion, it totally wouldn't surprise me).

If Blizzard constantly takes hard earned things and removes them or nerfs them into the ground (and before you stupidly try to challenge me about armor, OBVIOUSLY that doesn't count - it doesn't get nerfed, you just get stronger gear that replaces it), why bother to do ANYTHING?

A huge part of why people play MMOs is because you accumulate things over time, which adds enjoyment over time, and leaves you with something to show for your time (albeit virtually - although accounts can be worth a lot of RL money thanks to this accumulation). Blizz has shown with increasing frequency that they are more than happy to randomly take shit away from you that you worked hard for. Frankly, there are a lot more entertaining games out there, but they're one and done. There are other MMOs, but you have to start from scratch. It's why a LOT of us still play this game through content droughts or just plain shitty content (like BFA).

That said, as Blizz increasingly takes away and/or nerfs items that cost a lot in time or gold (or effectively real money, as was the case with my RaF rewards), they also erode that advantage. More and more, we're just left with a game that feels increasingly less entertaining or rewarding - especially as their idea of "content" broadens to things like removing portals and delaying flying (to the point of it not being worth attaining) to increase MAU without their having to actually put any effort into it.
    I believe they literally said IF you already had the mount you'll get the waterwalking equipment as a BoA thus making you already have it... As for showing something for you time, you still have the mount even if it doesn't walk on water. Thus you'll be able to show that you put the time and effort into something. Also if you maybe "just" got it there's still nothing to complain about. You played the game, you CHOSE to spend your time on gaining the rep for said mount and got it. That hasn't been taken away from you. I do agree with your "grandfather clause" as that would be a way to reward those that did old content beyond the time that they've already had the reward. That being said I'm sorry but the leveling of whining is insane... Also saying that BFA is "shitty" content is your Opinion thus you must have a level of entitlement as well.
    Last edited by DarthMonk79; 2019-04-18 at 12:28 AM.

The only reason I care is that it seems like it's a choice: EITHER get one of the new perks, like the no daze thing (are they removing the leatherworking item?) OR waterwalking. Not both at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    No. Nerfing it would be removing it's water walking ability and leaving it at that. Instead we are going to be able to give any mount water walking, and those who earned the water strider will be given this for free.

Now: Water strider walks on water, no other mount does.

8.2: Water strider no longer walks on water, but every mount can with an item you are being given for free cause you have the strider.

Ya see. You all just want to bitch for the sake of bitching. This change affects nothing in any way except now you can use what ever mount you want for the exact same purpose as the water strider...except the Sky Golem.

Again, the Water strider is not being nerfed. It's effect is being basically spread to all of your other mounts. Cause, lets be serious, whose gonna use the other pieces of equipment? Except for like DKs and Shamans.
    it is being nerfed as of now I can go to any alt that can ride mounts with out having to pay anything and use it to walk on water, after this I will have to pay for each alt I want to be able to use that mount to walk on water (not a nerf huh?)

(make the strider like the golem with no slots and keep it's water walker effect and give the slots to the other mounts so people that want to pay to walk on water with other mounts, win win everyone gets their choices)

Of all the things to criticize about the game this makes no sense. Complain about the right things.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    No you won't. On patch day you open your mail. Collect the free water walking and a[ply it to mount. All Alta that could use strider can now use water walking on all mounts. For a known fee. 0.
    You haven't been well informed about the case. Do so before posting

Blizzard:
    Just something I’d like to get your perspective on, if the character who earned the Anglers reputation along with the mount gets the water walking item for free, what would a fair price be for the alts to get it? If that character who earned the reputation and mount has the option to water walk (but might choose something else), do you feel that alts should have every single thing that the other characters have?
    The equipment might be free on one character of mine (or maybe two), the rest have to pay to use it when the patch goes live. Now i have to pay 0 to use water strider ability on my 25 lvl alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    The only reason I care is that it seems like it's a choice: EITHER get one of the new perks, like the no daze thing (are they removing the leatherworking item?) OR waterwalking. Not both at the same time.
    Use water walking when you can't fly use daze when you can

I find it wierd how people forget that daze immunity and water won't work together anyway since if you get hit you sink

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is a Blue response to what I thought was a well-written post from a player, who seems to be unlike most of the crazies (myself included) who rattle on here or on the WoW forums.

Also, just out of curiosity, how often would you estimate that you have you used the water strider mount in the 6+ years it’s been available?

This smells of the same craziness of the portals. Why on this planet, when your game is on fire to the point you have to make an "I am sorry our expansion failed to live up to our players expectations" tour to all the gamer media outlets, would you decide to start dismantling legacy systems that are largely used by the most loyal of players.

Of all the groups for Blizzard to alienate why choose your most loyal? Mind boggling.... Especially when you consider games like ESO and FF14 seem to listen to the wants and needs of its playerbase.
    I mean ESO has always been garbage and FF14 just literally told every healer to go fuck themselves.

There are innumerable things to be upset about in BFA, but this is a complete and total non issue. This is the epitome of false outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    I mean ESO has always been garbage and FF14 just literally told every healer to go fuck themselves.
    How did FF14 do that?

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    Use water walking when you can't fly use daze when you can

I find it wierd how people forget that daze immunity and water won't work together anyway since if you get hit you sink
    Truce, but when you then run onto Land with your strider + leather barding you can enjoy not getting dazed without swapping equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Truce, but when you then run onto Land with your strider + leather barding you can enjoy not getting dazed without swapping equipment.
    Water walking is only useful if you can't fly.other than that you go with daze immunity

Water walking is only useful if you can't fly.other than that you go with daze immunity
    Agreed, but, right now in BFA, all my Characters enjoy Water Walking + Daze immunity due to the Water Strider + Leather barding (non tanks). This will not be possible with the new system hence I view it as a step backwards.

Agreed, but, right now in BFA, all my Characters enjoy Water Walking + Daze immunity due to the Water Strider + Leather barding (non tanks). This will not be possible with the new system hence I view it as a step backwards.
    You get dazed if you get hit but if you get hit the strider sinks anyway so that beats the purpose of both

You get dazed if you get hit but if you get hit the strider sinks anyway so that beats the purpose of both
    Ummm.... striders can walk on land.

In other words, I can run across the water and then when on land, enjoy the no-daze effects of Leather Barding. Under the new system it’ll be one or the other.

This isn’t about not getting dazed while on water, obviously you’ll sink.

Ummm.... striders can walk on land.

In other words, I can run across the water and then when on land, enjoy the no-daze effects of Leather Barding. Under the new system it’ll be one or the other.

This isn’t about not getting dazed while on water, obviously you’ll sink.
    It's the same thing after the patch...in which you will be flying anyway