Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathbadh View Post
    Unfortunately this is by design. Ion doesn't think we should be using many consumables on farm content or on learning attempts and apparently thinks that prior to WoD that's how most players used consumables. It isn't my experience, but like most things, Ion seems to play a different game than me.
    In WotLK, Cataclsym and Pandaria everyone was expected to use consumables as much as possible in my experience. Well, nobody complained that much, but things were quite cheap. I think that potion costed one or two cheap herbs. Compare it to 20 herbs now. What a time.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    In WotLK, Cataclsym and Pandaria everyone was expected to use consumables as much as possible in my experience. Well, nobody complained that much, but things were quite cheap. I think that potion costed one or two cheap herbs. Compare it to 20 herbs now. What a time.

That was my experience as well. In this case Ion's claims were BS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathbadh View Post
    That was my experience as well. In this case Ion's claims were BS.
    I can see some truth in his claims. But community perception is a different thing. We progressed on Conclave recently and RL said that we must use pre-potions and potions very early in the fight. So basically each try is 1000g only for potions. Optional buffs are good because they add variety, but there must be other ways to make them optional. Especially with token I don't really have excuse that i'm poor guy, I'm expected to have as much gold for raiding as necessary. They made vantus runes with weekly lockout and that was good invention, I liked it pretty much, you can't spam it on each boss. They could make potions with 10 per day, so you would use them only if you're sure that you going to push boss this time.

Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    i assume you don't want to play classic wow then where you had to farm your ass off between raids
    vanilla... Pfft *Mcdonald level* i have played other games are far worse than vanilla "farming your ass off." Jokes on you, Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    vanilla... Pfft *Mcdonald level* i have played other games are far worse than vanilla "farming your ass off." Jokes on you, Try again.
    so why are you complaining then lol
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

so why are you complaining then lol
    I guess you didn't taste the worse in bfa than vanilla which is three times more time consuming than vanilla. Bfa takes three times longer to get preparation ready than vanilla. Idk what's going on in ur head, must be kool aid. Don't worry, i'll call home group ppl to make sure your okay and not in any way self-inflict. It's all good.

That is why guilds sell M+/AOTC runs.

I guess you didn't taste the worse in bfa than vanilla which is three times more time consuming than vanilla. Bfa takes three times longer to get preparation ready than vanilla. Idk what's going on in ur head, must be kool aid. Don't worry, i'll call home group ppl to make sure your okay and not in any way self-inflict. It's all good.
    funny how you have to insult me in order to make an (invalid) point

i did play vanilla and farming for consumables would take for ever, mostly because mobs were a lot stronger and resources are more scarse

herbing doesnt take a long time, mobs are not strong even when you are a fresh dinged 120 character, fishing doesnt take either - assuming you farm everything yourself. which is realistic compared to vanilla where you would usually farm all the stuff as well

and then i havent even talked about farming resistances gear...
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

He's a kid, don't reply to him.

Although someone should probably tell him that most of the jargon he spews is nonsensical and the language/sentence structure is a mess. But that is probably because he isn't english. But then again, neither am I.

In other words, the guy makes 0 sense most of the time and gets ignored.

Coming from a time where you had to farm and maintain your own drugstore to push raiding, i dont feel alot of sympathy for the argument when you get away with merely buying shit these days.

That being said, gatheringprofessions has always been suffering from being unrewarding.

By the amounts that your saying things cost, i assume you just buy everything off the ah. No one is saying that you gave to gather everything yourself. Vantus runes are pretty easy to make for a scribe and the alchemists in my guild provide the culdrons for flasks. All they ask is for the mats if they are running low. Feasts are a moot point as you can turn bwomansdis breath into sangicells and sanguated feast is cheap to make. If your guildmates are not willing to put in a little effort to help ensure your raiding, then the model needs to change. It sounds like your overhead is causing more expense than it really should and could be cut down to a minimum in many areas. As for the low demand in raid sales, well that is what happens when the incomming gold has slowed down drastically since the previous two expansions. Has nothing to do with the amount of percieved gold in the market. Guess that 5 million gold mount people bought at the start of the xpac wasnt such a grand idea.

There's new pots in 8.2 hopefully reduced mats instead of 20 per pot. I don't think it's too bad now with the new alchemist thing that increases your proc chance.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the problem isn't consumable cost but rather the method by which they are obtained?
    Why does alchemist have to be the only profession that offers share-able buffs like this?
    Since WoW began, Alcy has been the cash cow, as well as every single xpac since then.

Before we cry foul over homogenizing profs, what if...
    All crafting profs offered similar items with similar effects.

Alchemy can keep flasks, that's fine and dandy, and they are unique to alchemists (they get 2 hours instead of 1 by being one). Yay for them!
    But, what if Blacksmithing could make 'blade oil' again, but instead of a weapon enchant like the days of old, it acts like a potion?
    Pour it on your blade (instead of drinking it, because ew) and you get the same effect as Potion of Bursting Blood or whatever (call it 'Oil of Bursting Blood').
    This means ore can be smelted again then turned into blade oils to be sold like pots to those who need them.
    Now herbs AND ore can make pots via alcy and BS respectively.
    More sources, more available mats, potentially more stock available = easier to farm up and/or be self-proficient, and even price drops in AH?
    What if we give Tailor and LW the same treatment, a potion-like item that, when used, offers the ability of a potion.
    Now cloth and skins have more purpose throughout an xpac instead of like, at the start, then like, maybe later if they add something new?

Now, if that's too much replication, you can look at potion types and separate them to professions that make sense.
    Maybe bursting blood is a blacksmith oil, whereas Rising Death is a Tailoring item that's more or less an 'incantation' of sorts that enables the effect.
    Warriors, DKs, whoever else likes Bursting Blood, they go for the Oil by BS, whereas mages, locks, boomkins, whatever ranged favors Rising Death find their favorite tailor to get their items.
    If we want to leave the 'special effect' potions unique to Alchemy, then the main stat potions could instead go: STR=BS, AGI=LW, INT=Tailoring

In any case, by spreading them out and effectively allowing the effects to be gained by more than one source, the idea is that they would become more plentiful and available, thus driving down prices a little as well as simply just being more accessible by those who picked skinning/LW and want to be self-sufficient instead of relying on the Guild or the AH or having an alt as a gathering/crafting profs bitch.

So far I had to buy two tokens this expac just to keep up :/ Eventually had to reroll to Alchemy/Herbalism as well...

I'm sure the massive price increase in raiding mats and nerfing of monetary rewards from WQ a few expansions after the introduction of a gold buying system is just pure coincidence

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    I'm sure the massive price increase in raiding mats and nerfing of monetary rewards from WQ a few expansions after the introduction of a gold buying system is just pure coincidence
    im sure it had nothing to do with the fact that they basically gave gold away for logging on last xpac. i only had a few alts and cleared more than 5million just logging on for a few minutes to send out missions.

funny how you have to insult me in order to make an (invalid) point

i did play vanilla and farming for consumables would take for ever, mostly because mobs were a lot stronger and resources are more scarse

herbing doesnt take a long time, mobs are not strong even when you are a fresh dinged 120 character, fishing doesnt take either - assuming you farm everything yourself. which is realistic compared to vanilla where you would usually farm all the stuff as well

and then i havent even talked about farming resistances gear...
    Let me summarize what you said... ok here we go..

"I'm Mad bro"

Ok /EndDiscussion

Does that mean i won? Ok, i was kinda expecting better opponent than the previous one. :^) Gg /pat back get rekt
    Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2019-04-18 at 08:22 AM.

Let me summarize what you said... ok here we go..

"I'm Mad bro"

Ok /EndDiscussion

Does that mean i won? Ok, i was kinda expecting better opponent than the previous one. :^) Gg /pat back get rekt
    Infracted
    so you just had not a single argument against my point? too bad
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

Make an alt, learn herbalist and alch, make millions of gold, ???, profit.

Simple as that. Price are high because not enough people provide the stuff, basic marketing 101.

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    Make an alt, learn herbalist and alch, make millions of gold, ???, profit.

Simple as that. Price are high because not enough people provide the stuff, basic marketing 101.
    It is video game though. It should be about having fun.