Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    If you are playing a shaman - it's a buff. If you have literally any other means of obtaining waterwalking (and anyone can, via fucking pots) - it's a buff, because you can get a slow fall/daze immunity. In case you are a DK tank and have engineering - nothing changed for you at all.
    It is no buff to anyone. The outcome is that the waterstrider ability will be removed from the mount.

You can have 50 characters on your account, so it's 2450g at max if you are still leveling your 49 other characters
    Now i dont have to pay anything to use a water walking mount. Just another nerf. And yes, we know, Blizzard, you want to sell tokens.

The most disgusting part is that the devs want to sell it as buff. It is not, in no means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is stealing something I worked hard to get twice...I have both striders.......its not right or fair to remove something I worked to get then make me pay over and over to have it again on my alts that could use the Striders as they are now....that is why we got account bound mount in the first place as blizzard wanted us to make alts.

Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    Now i dont have to pay anything to use a water walking mount. Just another nerf. And yes, we know, Blizzard, you want to sell tokens.

The most disgusting part is that the devs want to sell it as buff. It is not, in no means.
    Are you STILL going on about this?

You are going to receive a FREE WATER WALKING TOKEN FOR MOUNT EQUIPMENT. Get over it already!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    Blizzard is stealing something I worked hard to get twice...I have both striders.......its not right or fair to remove something I worked to get then make me pay over and over to have it again on my alts that could use the Striders as they are now....that is why we got account bound mount in the first place as blizzard wanted us to make alts.
    No, Blizzard is taking water walking inherently off the mount and giving you a free token to put it right back on. (And on your alts, you can buy it for 50g, and you can literally raise ten times that amount in ten minutes as I've repeatedly said.) You're getting the option of customizing what you want on each character. Set it back to water walking and enjoy not having to change land mount to water mount anymore. It's a convenience, not theft.

Don't you automatically turn into a walrus anyways?
    Yes, but it amounts to walk speed... so definitely not as good as water walking. Druids have the option of just hoping on another mount with water walking, but that instant-cast travel form is like crack. It's hard to get up.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadrienne View Post
    Okay, I have a question. Didn't a blue say something to the effect that once you hit level 100 on a character, the mount equipment slot unlocks for all your characters level 20 and up? Because I copied several characters over to the PTR, some 100 and up, one level 21. I was able to equip the free water walking thing on my 120. Then I tried mailing the equipment that one of the other toons got in the mail to the level 21. She can't use it. The equipment itself says it requires level 20. The mount journal says it requires level 100. Am I being stupid and not understanding how this works? Or is this a bug?
    Wondering the same thing. It has to be a bug, or else what's the point in "usable at 20".

Actually this should be the thing everyone enrages about, not the stupid 50 gold. But most of the people writing here probably don't even have the waterstrider.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    All I said was I think the equipment system is a lazy system. if they expanded current system into families of mounts would have been much better.

And yes, i'm allowed to voice my opinions on systems I think are bad.
    Sure, it would also be better if every mount was perfectly unique and your idea suddenly sounds lazy compared to what I just said and none of it has anything to do with the thread. See what I mean?

Honestly, it seemed like a lazy system and encourage using only 1 mount.

If they had a system where families of mounts have different abilities, it would have been a lot better.

Example: Tigers jump high, horses prevent daze, striders and crocs allow water walking, etc....
    This is actually what I would want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    Lol 50 gold is hard to get now.crying for a thing in development like this with no valid argument is not the way to speak .again DID you know flying makes water walking obsolete since you will be flying and not water walking ,is this too much for your small head
    Again name calling. And your lack of reading comprehension skills is showing. The whole flying making water walking obsolete is only valid when one can fly. FOR THE BETTER PART OF ANY GIVEN EXPANSION THERE IS NO FLYING.
    NONE
    NADA
    ZILCH
    NOT ANY
    NOT ONE IOTA
    ZERO
    NIL
    NONEXISTENT
    NAUGHT

I can go on more to describe the same thing, NO FLYING during huge periods in any given expansion. So what if what you say is only valid for a small fraction of a given expansion. I want my mount to work how it always has regardless of flying.

I also want to add you are ignoring that Blizzard loves to sneak in areas where there is never flying period. See Isle of Thunder or Argus.
    I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!

I bet next expansion you will need to make equipment so your mount can fly. But it will take mats from Raiding. Mythic raids until a certain point then they will open it up to everyone.

All we asked for was more water-walking mounts (or flying). Blizzard took away something we already earned and are telling us to buy it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    All we asked for was more water-walking mounts (or flying). Blizzard took away something we already earned and are telling us to buy it back.
    Get over it

Quote Originally Posted by majesta View Post
    Again name calling. And your lack of reading comprehension skills is showing. The whole flying making water walking obsolete is only valid when one can fly. FOR THE BETTER PART OF ANY GIVEN EXPANSION THERE IS NO FLYING.
    NONE
    NADA
    ZILCH
    NOT ANY
    NOT ONE IOTA
    ZERO
    NIL
    NONEXISTENT
    NAUGHT

I can go on more to describe the same thing, NO FLYING during huge periods in any given expansion. So what if what you say is only valid for a small fraction of a given expansion. I want my mount to work how it always has regardless of flying.

I also want to add you are ignoring that Blizzard loves to sneak in areas where there is never flying period. See Isle of Thunder or Argus.
    The same applies for water walking it's almost useless besides a few moments.its not as important as you make it sound.and plus your mount will be the same as before.

Plus you can use the raft which is faster.so your ranting is wrong.

The same applies for water walking it's almost useless besides a few moments.its not as important as you make it sound.and plus your mount will be the same as before.

Plus you can use the raft which is faster.so your ranting is wrong.
    Current content = a few moments

lol

LOL

HAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post
    It's ridiculous to say nobody's won or lost anything. Anyone who didn't have a strider before has won water-walking. Everyone who had a strider before, has lost the advantage they had over the people who didn't have one.
    The Equipment for Waterwalking still needs to be bought from the Anglers. People who dont have the Waterstrider will still not be able to walk on Water.

read up the rest of my post. People would use their best looking mount and never look back.

I wanted different families of mounts with expanded abilities.
    That makes a bit more sense, and is actually a valid opinion. I however prefer to use the "Best looking" mount. For example, I almost never use my Waterstrider (even with the massive benefit), all of my characters have their Prefered mount. I dont really like to be forced into a Specific Mount.

Current content = a few moments

lol

LOL

HAHAHAHAHA
    Describe me a time where you said oh shit I need a lot of water walking.did you read anything before you come here to spout nonsense.YOUR MOUNT WILL BE LIKE BEFORE

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    The Equipment for Waterwalking still needs to be bought from the Anglers. People who dont have the Waterstrider will still not be able to walk on Water.

That makes a bit more sense, and is actually a valid opinion. I however prefer to use the "Best looking" mount. For example, I almost never use my Waterstrider (even with the massive benefit), all of my characters have their Prefered mount. I dont really like to be forced into a Specific Mount.
    That makes it slightly better I guess but it's still stupid to strip abilities. I mean, everyone loved it when their classes had loads of abilities pruned right?

Mount families having unique abilities is a far better solution. Then you have 1 Major and 1/2 Minor equipment slots. I could probably design a better system than the Blizz one in 2 hours.

Describe me a time where you said oh shit I need a lot of water walking.did you read anything before you come here to spout nonsense.YOUR MOUNT WILL BE LIKE BEFORE
    No, it won't. The fact you don't get this is mind-blowing. Yes, I can equip something, but default out of the gate, the mount is no longer the same when I jump onto a character for the first time. And yes, with Blizzard water walking is god like. I can see them being super edge lords and having entire zones where water walking is a must after this change in the next expansion.

what annoys me about this is that they introduce a number of new (hopefully) interesting ways to change what you can do with your mount.

and then they force you to break one to try out another....WHY?

should be like the Glyph UI was, you select 1 from the list of obtained pieces, and put it on.
    if they want to be "fair for world PvP" they could make it so you can only change mount equipment in rested areas.

if you find more than 1 you like, better hope they are not unique, so you can have a stack in your bag to swap them out.

No, it won't. The fact you don't get this is mind-blowing. Yes, I can equip something, but default out of the gate, the mount is no longer the same when I jump onto a character for the first time. And yes, with Blizzard water walking is god like. I can see them being super edge lords and having entire zones where water walking is a must after this change in the next expansion.
    when the patch hits you will still be able to water walk like before...what is mind blowing is how you dont get this.the water walking items is a thing you get for free if you have the strider unlocked on all your chars,since its bind on account i tested it on the ptr.
    prior to patch you can water walk if you have the mount
    after patch : equip the item you can still water walk.
    so whats the difference? nothing . just people that cant get this like you.you are crying for no reason

Last edited by niztheundead87; 2019-04-18 at 10:59 AM.

when the patch hits you will still be able to water walk like before...what is mind blowing is how you dont get this.the water walking items is a thing you get for free if you have the strider unlocked on all your chars,since its bind on account i tested it on the ptr.
    prior to patch you can water walk if you have the mount
    after patch : equip the item you can still water walk.
    so whats the difference? nothing . just people that cant get this like you.you are crying for no reason
    So, you're telling me that all of my alts, no mattering the lvl, will receive one of this item for free?
    And, if I create a new alt, it will automatically receive this item for free?
    Because that's how it works today with the mount.
    Core i7 7700k @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-H270M-Gaming 3 | Corsair Hydro Series H110 | Asus GeForce GTX 1070 Strix | Corsair TX650M | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2400MHz | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + HDD Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Gabinete Corsair Air 540 | Razer Deathstalker - Razer Naga | Windows 10 Home 64