Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

You are walking along and you find a Phone...

You are walking along and you fine a Phone it's an Iphone of course it's not locked. So as much as you can, you do your best to go through and find the owner and maybe tell them where to come get their phone but there is only one number stored in it "Yours". As you begin to dial you notice on the key bad a normal regular dial pad, but this is different.

Not only can you dial, a phone number on this phone and potentially call anyone here now, but you see a time date icon that allows this phone to not only dial and ring any phone in the world, but you can call and ring anyone at any number, through out the history since the invention of the telephone. To test it out you dial your own number from your phone sometime in the past, and at a time you know you would have picked up, and YOU pick up, and instantly after doing so, you remember a phone call from an unknown number instantly after from the time you just called and hung up.

Here is the catch.

It looks like a a Iphone but it clearly isn't and it doesn't seem to have any kind of charging or recharging capability.

SO the question is.

If you found a paranormal phone that allowed you to call anyone from any time since the telephone has existed who would you call?

Now normally with these things, I would give my answer first, but the truth be told, I have no clue who the hell I would call.

I think maybe I would have called myself about 20 years ago told me to invest even more than I had, and then save the rest of the charge for sometime in the future when I might have a special need.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2019-04-18 at 11:57 AM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd look up results from horse races, football matches etc and tell my younger self to bid on them when and where.

I suppose I could also tell my younger self to be more active and do more in university and stuff but knowing myself I wouldn't anyway so I'd rather just get rich.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

100$ or you go straight to prison Mr. Phone!

I would call myself two months into the future to get the winning Lotto numbers for the largest unwon jackpot between now and then. I would do it this way for several reasons. Going into the past could result in things changing to where I would not be where I am today (which i snot all that bad really). Calling the future, I would know to answer, be prepared for the question, and believe what I am hearing since I am expecting the call. Going into the future means everything up to now is still safe and intact.

Of course it would suck if nobody answers since that would mean I die within the next two months...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RushRush View Post
    I'd look up results from horse races, football matches etc and tell my younger self to bid on them when and where.

I suppose I could also tell my younger self to be more active and do more in university and stuff but knowing myself I wouldn't anyway so I'd rather just get rich.
    Interesting, money is always good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    100$ or you go straight to prison Mr. Phone!
    You find the phone, and are trying to find the owner to give it back, only it doesn't seem to have any kind of information besides yours in the contacts. After you tested it, you check for anything else to identify it, and nothing comes up. This phone is your destiny.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    I would call myself two months into the future to get the winning Lotto numbers for the largest unwon jackpot between now and then. I would do it this way for several reasons. Going into the past could result in things changing to where I would not be where I am today (which i snot all that bad really). Calling the future, I would know to answer, be prepared for the question, and believe what I am hearing since I am expecting the call. Going into the future means everything up to now is still safe and intact.

Of course it would suck if nobody answers since that would mean I die within the next two months...
    Hahahaha very brave Hope you don't think you're a telemarketer though.

You really could have written that simply as : you find a phone that can call anyone from present to past. Instead of setting it up like a game scenario smh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero3 View Post
    You really could have written that simply as : you find a phone that can call anyone from present to past. Instead of setting it up like a game scenario smh
    Yeah, and inevitably some would bitch there isn't enough information. Such as is it stolen? Why am I using this phone to even find out what it's capable of? What is the catch? etc etc.

There is enough information for anybody concerned, but also the bold simple question, for anybody who wants to get straight to the question.

The catch is there really is no foreseeable catch, keep in mind NOTHING in life is free, and having in your hands a powerful device such as this, what would you do?

The backside might be to consider what it might cost in the end. That is up to each person to consider. Although keep in mind, if the battery dies on this thing, it could be gone for good and just become a useless paper weight that looks like a phone.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2019-04-18 at 12:07 PM.

I'd find the nearest homeless person and give it to him so he could use it to wipe his ass, since that's the only thing iphones are good for.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-04-18 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Infracted for trolling
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Well don't really know who i would call since the phone is a pretty new invention. I can't call and chat up Cleopatra for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero3 View Post
    Well don't really know who i would call since the phone is a pretty new invention. I can't call and chat up Cleopatra for example.
    True but it's been around a long time though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    I'd find the nearest homeless person and give it to him so he could use it to wipe his ass, since that's the only thing iphones are good for.
    Thank you LiiloSNK, always glad to have your refreshing perspective

Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post

unique answer and i think i'd go for it.... might be hard to convince my future self but i could say a few things that would give myself pause to consider it at least.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    call my younger self, tell him a secret of mine that no one else but myself would ever know. Then proceed to feed him tips on everything.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    unique answer and i think i'd go for it.... might be hard to convince my future self but i could say a few things that would give myself pause to consider it at least.
    It is my future self, I already know I am calling, and I am expecting the call.

How would it know when to call? I mean if I called my old/my parents number I could come out anywhen between 1975 and 2019.

Just apart from the simple fact that you don't know any more phone numbers than you do right now, so it's not like I could phone anyone I'd like.

And there is only one reasonable person to call, and that's yourself. Even if you wanted to warn someone about something to happen to him ("Don't go on the plane it will crash") he is much more likely to believe someone he knows and sees right in front of him than some unknown caller from the future. So you have to tell that to your former self and he then conveys the message to the corresponding person.

But calling yourself would then set off all the time travelling paradoxes, like you already knew you are going to find that phone and the past already happened as if you never had not found the phone and you already are rich because you already bought the apple stocks and bitcoins and yadda yadda yadda...

I wouldn't touch a phone that looks like an iphone. Saves me from the scenario

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    How would it know when to call? I mean if I called my old/my parents number I could come out anywhen between 1975 and 2019.

Just apart from the simple fact that you don't know any more phone numbers than you do right now, so it's not like I could phone anyone I'd like.

And there is only one reasonable person to call, and that's yourself. Even if you wanted to warn someone about something to happen to him ("Don't go on the plane it will crash") he is much more likely to believe someone he knows and sees right in front of him than some unknown caller from the future. So you have to tell that to your former self and he then conveys the message to the corresponding person.

But calling yourself would then set off all the time travelling paradoxes, like you already knew you are going to find that phone and the past already happened as if you never had not found the phone and you already are rich because you already bought the apple stocks and bitcoins and yadda yadda yadda...
    Yeah calling myself 20 years ago would be a long call unless I threatened myself with information only I’d know and to not be a cynical dick.

Good thing about my phone number in the past is it didn’t have a blocking feature lol.

Yep happens from time to time, dastardly phones who can't behave deserve nothing less than a fine.

Literally any time you have a question of "What would you do" with something involving time, you'll always get the generic yet correct thinking of "Making money with the knowledge".

10+ Year Old Account
    Start a crusade to rid the world of criminals and evil.

Immediatly get corrupted by power.