10+ Year Old Account
    This whole thing smacks of hyper partisanship by Barr. The 4 page summary, the back and forth with WH counsel, the press conference. I get why he's doing it, to spin the narrative under the pretense of doing it the 'right' way, but I can't help but to think this isn't conducive for closure for either side. I'm of the opinion he should've immediately released it to the gang of 8 (intelligence), all of which who have the clearance to see it, unredacted. Barr should have let the work of the special counsel and his determination to not change anyone stand on it's merits, free from any of this.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    The AG being the president's bitch is technically not against the law, he isn't the first.
    Some seem to forget the AG has one immediate supervisor. As Comey himself said after being fired by Trump, " I always believed the President has the right to fire the Director for any reason and without giving a reason.". This pretty much says it all as far as who is the boss over them.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Some seem to forget the AG has one immediate supervisor. As Comey himself said after being fired by Trump, " I always believed the President has the right to fire the Director for any reason and without giving a reason.". This pretty much says it all as far as who is the boss over them.
    Though there are no laws against it the oath of office and the intent is for the AG to enforce the laws of the United States and operate independently from the executive. As I said Barr isn't the first to be the president's water boy but it shows how our system have degraded when bipartisanship was required for confirmations presidents had to strive to appoint neutral people.

Anyone who cherishes the rule of law should be appalled when this happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Though there are no laws against it the oath of office and the intent is for the AG to enforce the laws of the United States and operate independently from the executive. As I said Barr isn't the first to be the president's water boy but it shows how our system have degraded when bipartisanship was required for confirmations presidents had to strive to appoint neutral people.

Anyone who cherishes the rule of law should be appalled when this happens.
    That could be fixed by Congress I would think. But the design of the executive branch and the power the President has over it, pretty much means he has the authority to control it. But the confirmation process is still determined basically by who controls the Senate. Even when it takes 60 votes to pass. So the bipartisanship can still be lopsided to one party.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

That could be fixed by Congress I would think. But the design of the executive branch and the power the President has over it, pretty much means he has the authority to control it. But the confirmation process is still determined basically by who controls the Senate. Even when it takes 60 votes to pass. So the bipartisanship can still be lopsided to one party.
    True but the senate is basically becoming a partisan body especially under this administration and that is not good for the long term health of our democracy. There is also fault for the democrats who helped in ending the independent counsel clauses after what happened to Clinton. After Trump the precedent will be set in stone that the president is effectively above the law because eventually a corrupt democrat will take office and the chickens will come home to roost.

True but the senate is basically becoming a partisan body especially under this administration and that is not good for the long term health of our democracy. There is also fault for the democrats who helped in ending the independent counsel clauses after what happened to Clinton. After Trump the precedent will be set in stone that the president is effectively above the law because eventually a corrupt democrat will take office and the chickens will come home to roost.
    That happened under Clinton, he committed Perjury but he democrats voted that he didn't because Clinton was a democrat, thus he was above the law. I liked a lot of Clinton's policies but it pissed me off that he was above the law, which made me hate him.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    That happened under Clinton, he committed Perjury but he democrats voted that he didn't because Clinton was a democrat, thus he was above the law. I liked a lot of Clinton's policies but it pissed me off that he was above the law, which made me hate him.
    I agree but it goes further than that from Ronald Reagan for Iran-Contra to Nixon before he resigned. I am going to shower now I feel icky for agreeing with you.

Republican's controlled both the House and the Senate during Clinton's impeachment hearing. Several republican's in the Senate voted not to impeach Clinton because of the weak charges.

Republicans had more than enough votes in Congress to impeach him, but choose not to. So it wasn't a partisan vote that saved Clinton.....please try again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Republican's controlled both the House and the Senate during Clinton's impeachment hearing. Several republican's in the Senate voted not to impeach Clinton because of the weak charges.

Republicans had more than enough votes in Congress to impeach him, but choose not to. So it wasn't a partisan vote that saved Clinton.....please try again.
    You mean they controlled two thirds of the senate? Or did any democrat vote to impeach him?

Yeah all 45 democrats and few RINOs voted not guilty, totally not partisan, quit lying to yourself.

Yeah all 45 democrats and few RINOs voted not guilty, totally not partisan, quit lying to yourself.
    Lol, love it when you Trumpsters use RINOs like it means anything. It was hilarious when you tried it when you couldn't get rid of the ACA.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Just looked it up. http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stori...2/senate.vote/ not a single democrat voted for ether of the two charges. The Republicans would have ether had a two third control of the Senate or got enough Democrats to vote guilty. Which was not the case for ether.

Just looked it up. http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stori...2/senate.vote/ not a single democrat voted for ether of the two charges. The Republicans would have ether had a two third control of the Senate or got enough Democrats to vote guilty. Which was not the case for ether.
    Yup that is the case. Or I guess it depends on what your definition of is, is.

Ha! So comical and timely.

You mean they controlled two thirds of the senate? Or did any democrat vote to impeach him?
    In order for something to be considered a partisan vote, all members of the House or Senate vote only as their political party votes. In this case several republicans crossed over in the Senate and voted against the impeachment.

Thus making the claim that Clinton was saved from impeachment because of partisan politics false.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it seems some forget you need 2/3 of the Senate to vote for impeachment for it to work. Like even today with Trump, those calling for a impeachment of him, are only calling for a waste of time and effort, instead of working on much more important things.

You really need to take you're own advice.

Well, it seems some forget you need 2/3 of the Senate to vote for impeachment for it to work. Like even today with Trump, those calling for a impeachment of him, are only calling for a waste of time and effort, instead of working on much more important things.
    Unlike the great use of time and effort from Trump, now they should be like him and golf more.

10+ Year Old Account
    In order for something to be considered a partisan vote, all members of the House or Senate vote only as their political party votes. In this case several republicans crossed over in the Senate and voted against the impeachment.

Thus making the claim that Clinton was saved from impeachment because of partisan politics false.
    But your claim the Republicans controlled the Senate could have impeached him if some Republicans had voted guilty is false. The only way he was going to get Impeached was if several Democrats voted for it.

You really need to take you're own advice.
    How, I told the truth, you told a lie. You stated Congress republicans could have impeached Clinton, and they couldn't, they didn't have enough to votes even if it was 100% of them votes yes. Sorry you got proven wrong, just admit it and move on instead of doubling down on your lie.