Page 1 of 2
LastLast

World of Warcraft is made in a basement, in Holland and paid -200 million in taxes.

I'll start with this.

So effectively, AB a multi-billion dollar company operates out of a basement in Holland with 0 employees while the management is based in Bermuda. Holland says they have to pay their taxes in the US and the US says they have to pay their taxes in Holland.

Which means since 2009 Blizzard has been in limbo paying taxes to the shadow realm. All this leads to tax bill of -200 million dollars. 5000 employees have produced exactly 0 new IPs in ten years and yet some of you cowards rise to defend them.

Are you getting paid to shill for Blizzard? If not you should consider an alternate form of employment.

The Netherlands*

Heel vs. this fucking retard's face when?

I'll wait for people to defend a multi billion dollar company paying no taxes while people who don't even buy blizzard products give them money through tax rebates, and blizzard gives nothing to the american economy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Joke's on you, it's actually made in my attic by a highly trained team of castrated bonobo monkeys.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

We are the tax haven for companies? That's news to me. Maybe you could transcribe the video, because I can't watch that here, and then we can have a proper discussion.

Also, WHY do we need to watch a 15 minute video of something that he could have put in writing and read in a few minutes? That stupid notion that everything has to be on video needs to diaf. Video is NOT the proper medium for something like this.

All the blizzard white knights coming out of hiding to defend them is hilarious.

Az is like the Assange of the gaming industry..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellarus View Post
    All the blizzard white knights coming out of hiding to defend them is hilarious.
    You say that, but I've yet to see anyone do that in this case. *shrug*

deviantART
    Simple Armory EU
    Simple Armory US
    Lodestone

Tax avoidance is legal, tax evasion is not - has youtube content dried up so much that they have to reach so far they might pull something?

10+ Year Old Account
    OW isn't a new IP? I can't watch the video but this shit is confusing I thought Blizzard was in California

If you think Activision/Blizzards tax evasion is bad, look up how much Amazon payed last year in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellarus View Post
    You're too early. No one is defending Blizzard yet, we're all pretty much just in a state of confusion at this point. Maybe it will get better once the transcript is posted and we can actually discuss something.

Okay, shitty business practice but it doesn't make me not want to play wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Joke's on you, it's actually made in my attic by a highly trained team of castrated bonobo monkeys.
    Even worse... Bonobo's are endangered and castrating them is cruel.

Back on topic... corporate greed is what makes products possible. It is what it is.

But it does suck to see the company lay off 800 people during a record year, take away the end of year bonuses the little guy they use to give, and the execs get huge bonuses, AND they don't pay taxes?

And people trust Blizzard to always develop their beloved PC WoW when mobile offers a much higher profit margin. Writing is on the wall but so few can read.

As a non american and non dutch person i could not give a shit about how much taxes they pay

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I’m pretty sure over watch didn’t come out over 10 years ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    I'll start with this.

So effectively, AB a multi-billion dollar company operates out of a basement in Holland with 0 employees while the management is based in Bermuda. Holland says they have to pay their taxes in the US and the US says they have to pay their taxes in Holland.

Which means since 2009 Blizzard has been in limbo paying taxes to the shadow realm. All this leads to tax bill of -200 million dollars. 5000 employees have produced exactly 0 new IPs in ten years and yet some of you cowards rise to defend them.

Are you getting paid to shill for Blizzard? If not you should consider an alternate form of employment.
    So...is there any actual proof of these accusations, or is he just making stuff up out of thin air to get people to watch his video?

P.S. Please don't bother calling me a Blizzard shill, because I am not one.

I'm still not sure what this is all about. I sure as hell am not going to waste time with youtube video that is introduced by someone who thinks "holland" is a country.

Don't you guys have offshore accounts?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©