Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    Let me level with you:
    NO U

If you think Blizzard is less competent than a bunch of nobodies that emulated private Vanilla servers for tens of thousands of people then.... I agree. They are. Or it's a marketing move - take your pick.
    Sure they could just throw it up as it was, like the PS people do, with no modern bnet support, etc. But they're rebuilding on the modern engine and the modern bnet platform, that takes time.

Ohh shitt so much hype.

1.13 BOYS

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    I hope I end up on the "wrong" server. There will be more chill people there
    I experienced being in a lively server that turned dead, it wasn't fun

Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    I experienced being in a lively server that turned dead, it wasn't fun
    That's going to be the vast majority of servers if they open too many off the bat just to deal with the "first month influx"

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    That's going to be the vast majority of servers if they open too many off the bat just to deal with the "first month influx"
    Yeah, I'm curious how they're gonna handle that. I would hate having my server die no more than half a year into Classic.

Yeah, I'm curious how they're gonna handle that. I would hate having my server die no more than half a year into Classic.
    Unless the Classic team is better then the Retail team they'll "handle" it by charging for server transfers.

They will have a small number of realms for classic total. They will use sharding for the launch to handle the huge influx of players and then gradually stop with the sharding as the populations stabilize.

Just give us a release date already! I want to know how to schedule my holidays this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BarosanuNr1 View Post
    Just give us a release date already! I want to know how to schedule my holidays this year.
    With 8.2 on the horizon you REALLY shouldn't expect it before late aug. They're not going to overlap the two, spreading them out makes the bottom line look better.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by BarosanuNr1 View Post
    I get the feeling they're only going to announce it when they're 3-4 weeks out. Not a lot of time to schedule, sadly. It is just a feeling, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is happening hype is real!!!

PS mmo-champion is buggy it was meant to be in caps!

Unless the Classic team is better then the Retail team they'll "handle" it by charging for server transfers.
    I was referring to the initial amount of servers. Perhaps they'll release a few and open some as deem necessary progressively and cautiously.

I was referring to the initial amount of servers. Perhaps they'll release a few and open some as deem necessary progressively and cautiously.
    They've already got data on how popular it will be, just depends on how many they can fit, realistically, on each server.

Quote Originally Posted by Adynos View Post
    They will have a small number of realms for classic total. They will use sharding for the launch to handle the huge influx of players and then gradually stop with the sharding as the populations stabilize.
    Yeah that's most likely going to be their definitive plan for launch. Are shards going to be used only for the few starting zones though? IDK if they ever went into more details regarding shards since the demo and the short time afterwards they talked about it.

Sweet. Getting ever closer to coming back to WoW.

make another section of your website for classic. no classic crap belongs on front page

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    They said already that they're not doing a beta for this one.

EDIT: That screenshot leads me to believe otherwise though, maybe. Weird.
    They never said that.

I'm an IT engineer

- - - Updated - - -

We have to remember that vanilla was made by a bunch of amatuers doing their first MMO ever, it was a mess
    Amateurs? Hardly.

Blizzard had been making video games for over a decade at that point. It's not that they were hacks it's just that technology is constantly evolving. What was great in 2004 is not going to be so great 15 years later.

Let me level with you:
    NO U

If you think Blizzard is less competent than a bunch of nobodies that emulated private Vanilla servers for tens of thousands of people then.... I agree. They are. Or it's a marketing move - take your pick.
    Botched mangos core hacked together with bandaid =/= proper product where you actually have to care about security issues

Your incompetence is showing.

Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post

Amateurs? Hardly.

Blizzard had been making video games for over a decade at that point. It's not that they were hacks it's just that technology is constantly evolving. What was great in 2004 is not going to be so great 15 years later.
    I should have said "amatuers in mmo's" they had no clue what they were doing with an MMO and didn't even know how it was going to do. WoW was a completely different ball game then anything they had done.

This isn't just some random thought, there's interviews done with the old devs about it, they were flying blind for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Malum View Post
    Can't wait! Looking forward to transmog and LFR.
    That's just silly.