Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I have plenty that I'm too lazy to go into detail for, but the one I will explain is a lot more recent. I really liked Overwatch when it first came out, be the gameplay and the lore. Then year after year the same thing kept coming out with almost no lore at all. Today the next bit of lore has come out and I really couldn't care less anymore.

The game has become a massive disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Pretty much. Digimon is still kind of ok, the first season for me. For a laugh. But shows like DBZ, Hey Arnold! haven't even tried rewatching Code: Lyoko, but most of them Im like "I liked this?". I think the only cartoon/anime that aged well with me that I can still sit down and listen to in the background is Avatar: The last Airbender. I still find that show extremely enjoyable.
    I went back and watched the non-4kids versions of Yuyu Hakisho and Ruroni Kenshin

Those were both great.

Family Guy aged like trash for me, simpsons, almost all of even the 'adult' cartoons, except south park, I grew out of.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Original X-Men Trilogy

At the time they were great as a fan of the X-Men comics to finally see it, that the X-Men can be done of the big screen. But looking back on it, having seen those movies recently, they don;t hold up, they are slow, boring, outside of some good characters others are badly written. The effects are cheap too. We complain about X3: The Last Stand, but to be honest I actually think X3: The Last Stand has surpassed the previous movies. Sure it's still not that great but its more faster paced it's got more awesome effects and better moments. But overall the movies are not that great.

The reason I loved them at the time was because it excited me to see the X-Men on the big screen, I had only seen them done in the cartoon before this, and I don;t wanna be too harsh, the movies are not awful. They are just not as great as we remember
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-04-17 at 12:32 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    NCIS. Doesn't help most of the main cast is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    The Original X-Men Trilogy

At the time they were great as a fan of the X-Men comics to finally see it, that the X-Men can be done of the big screen. But looking back on it, having seen those movies recently, they don;t hold up, they are slow, boring, outside of some good characters others are badly written. The effects are cheap too. We complain about X3: The Last Stand, but to be honest I actually think X3: The Last Stand has surpassed the previous movies. Sure it's still not that great but its more faster paced it's got more awesome effects and better moments. But overall the movies are not that great.

The reason I loved them at the time was because it existed me to see the X-Men on the big screen, I had only seen them done in the cartoon before this, and I don;t wanna be too harsh, the movies are not awful. They are just not as great as we remember
    Oooh good call. I remember loving these movies so much. They did not age well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikishock View Post
    When Boondock Saints came out I thought it was the greatest thing ever when I was in college.

I recently tried to watch it again and it is complete and utter shit. Seriously, how the hell did this film every get popular?!?!?!?!
    lots of violence and a cult following from college students i was right there with ya lol

On topic: most of the music i listened to in the early 2000s. Korn, limp bizkit, linkin park, system of a down...they all sound like shit to me now. some Korn and SoaD are fun when i'm feeling nostalgic, but other wise no.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I still like Star Wars, Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, and Stargate, but my standards for worthwhile entertainment have risen. If I were to rewatch those series, I'd only rewatch the quality episodes, such as TOS, TNG from season 3 onward, most of the latter half of DS9, a few episodes of the first season of the BG reboot, a few episodes of the first few seasons of SG1 and SGA, and so on. Not going to waste my time rewatching mediocre or lackluster episodes when there is more entertainment available than I could ever enjoy and I only have so much time. I've learn to become content with skipping episodes and moving on.
    This pretty well matches my thoughts as well.

STTOS and STTNG (not S1 or S2) were pretty consistently good, the remaining series were lackluster (DS9 was always off and on for the entire series for me). SG1 (until the sudden shift to medieval times) and SGA were generally worthwhile. The BSG reboot was only good for about the first 1 1/2 seasons.

Westworld season 1 was great...season 2 - not so much.

As for old series that I watched as a kid that didn't age well...the ones that come to mind right now include the original BSG and Buck Rogers.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    This pretty well matches my thoughts as well.

STTOS and STTNG (not S1 or S2) were pretty consistently good, the remaining series were lackluster (DS9 was always off and on for the entire series for me). SG1 (until the sudden shift to medieval times) and SGA were generally worthwhile. The BSG reboot was only good for about the first 1 1/2 seasons.

Westworld season 1 was great...season 2 - not so much.

As for old series that I watched as a kid that didn't age well...the ones that come to mind right now include the original BSG and Buck Rogers.
    I loved Westworld season 1 and watching the first two episodes of Season 2 was a struggle. I honestly don't know if I will even finish season 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Simpsons has to be the best example, why do they still bother making it?
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    Code: Lyoko is a show I loved, but know would be trash if I watched it now.

Most kids cartoons and movies for that matter.

Dragonball Z is unwatchable as an adult.
    I re-watched some of Code Lyoko recently. The whole thing is on YouTube for free. The premise for the show is cool, it's just that every episode follows a super strict formula that gets old quickly. Of course, the cgi parts have aged terribly as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    South Park

It's been a bit so-so for a few years now, but when they started doing shitty story arcs instead of even semi-decent standalone episodes they basically killed the show.
    I agree so much.
    Around the time they started with that PC principal shit, that's where it went down the drain.
    They used to have such cool, silly and funny standalone episodes, where the main focus of the show was on the characters and their own little world. The funniest episodes often had Cartman playing a central role, and his rivalry with Kyle.
    Sure there was a lot of satire too, but now literally everything is meant to be satire, a reflection on (US) society by means of exaggeration. Basically, these days it's all about the sad state of (political) affairs in the US. Some of it is actually hard to follow, if you're not from the US. It's just so much meh.
    Fortunately I still enjoy watching older episodes. Some of those will never get old.

Westworld season 1 was pretty good, season 2 is garbage couldn't even finish it. "me mad, everyone die now!" is so played out. I think this show doesn't qualify as it is so recent.

Star Wars is garbage, loved it as a kid. Maybe I outgrew it.

Game of Thrones started sucking after they deviated from the books (they had to make up shit because the author hasn't finished the last 2 books). The hardcore surprises was what made GoT amazing... nobody was safe. Now it's kinda predictable... we'll have to see.

I never was into cartoon sitcom shows like Simpsons. I had a few laughs but when you see the formula you can't unsee it. This same formula applied to American Dad, Family Guy, South Park, etc... they're all the same.

Anime. I was watching Ultraman last night on Netflix and felt like that was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. Anime is definitely for children in my opinion. It doesn't cater to people my age. What is with the constant school setting shit going on in Animes? It's always teenagers at high school. They meet at the school, short scene of friends socializing then OH NOES, SOMETHING HAPPENED IN PRIVATE LIFE! Same shit. AKIRA still remains the GOAT anime for me.

The Walking Dead - It just got to a point where I would roll my eyes often enough to injure myself, at which point I abandoned the show. I also realized that I hate the old "Romero-esque" zombies, since they make no sense. They're slow, rotting and dumb as bricks yet they continue to catch people off guard and dig through human bodies as if they were made of room temped butter?? Fuck that.

Game of Thrones - Lost interest after The Red Wedding. Heard they pulled something similar with a cathedral and loads of characters gone in a flash later on too. That's just not writing I enjoy.

Scrubs - First seasons were on point, then J.D became a self-absorbed little shit and they started repeating storylines.

Robocop - I used to be absolutely 100% enthralled by the original movie. Watched it again some years ago and realized it's campy in all the wrong ways. I actually enjoyed the new one far more since it played into the dynamic of his family, they weren't just footnotes.

Westworld - Was very into the first season, the second was just pure rubbish.

Otherwise I tend to be more about seeing and appreciating the good, but I do fall out of love at times and if I do I just move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Walking Dead (TV Show) comes to mind. Was a big fan up until half way through the Negan introduction but I just stopped caring. Can't really pinpoint what made me drop the show I just did. I will probably sit down and finish it when its all said and done but until then I don't care to keep up week by week, season by season. I still catch glimpses of whats going on and I pretty much cannot recognize any of the cast anymore and with Rick seemingly gone indefinitely I can't see myself caring.

Pokemon. I played the Red Version a few months ago and was absolutely bored to tears after the first few badges. I enjoyed the original first season of Pokemon, now I can't stand it. That episode with Brock is still the best one ever made though, IMO. I can't really enjoy the new games anymore, either. I tried.

YuGiOh. I tried the card game again about 5~ years ago and realized how stupid it became. Went against someone with an Exodia deck and their first turn lasted the entire game. They continuously drew cards that drew more cards. They drew their last piece of Exodia as the last card in their deck. Absolutely disgusting. Some turns take five minutes, it's just non-stop special summoning. Nothing fun about it anymore. I was always hoping they'd put a limit on the number of special summons and extra card draws per turn, but nope.

Zelda. Other games like Vagrant Story, and Wild Arms, too. This is mostly taking jabs at Zelda though, because that entire franchise is nothing but puzzles. I can't do it anymore. I prefer to just play a game where I never have to run around aimlessly wondering what to do. Persona 5 struck a nice balance, but I still got irritated at some points. I prefer games like Final Fantasy now, where I always know what I have to do next and can constantly move forward. I DO like a challenge, but I prefer it to come in the method of gameplay difficulty like Dark Souls, NOT puzzles.

Also, as others have said, The Walking Dead. Me and my girlfriend wont even watch it anymore.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Arrowverse ... I mean, I still watch it because I like/liked the characters and I want to see what happens with them. I wish Supergirl was less preachy on its message and before people complain about SJW storyline ... it is literally part of that character as well as Superman ... they aren't from Earth and came her as refugees/survivors. So that angle is ALWAYS touched on in some way ... most just do it less obviously.

Agents of SHIELD ... again, I like the character, but the series has just gotten so weird and its connection to the MCU is odd at best. Definitely the red headed step child of the MCU ... even when it comes to TV Shows.

South Park and Family Guy ... I still watch on occasion but I started growing out of finding that humor funny. Sometimes they get me to laugh, but most times it is just cringe. It is funny that South Park literally makes fun of Family Guy for being unoriginal or whatever, but they are essentially the same thing.

"Classic" video games ... like old school NES and SNES games ... I love them, will play them ... but it isn't the same as when I played them when I was younger.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    "Classic" video games ... like old school NES and SNES games ... I love them, will play them ... but it isn't the same as when I played them when I was younger.
    Yeah, this too. Even for some of my all-time favorite games, I'll never be 10 years old playing those games for the first time again.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I was young, I was OBSESSED with a show called “Jayce and his Wheeled Warriors”. I thought it was just the best anything ever.

For years, I thought I’d made it up... no one I met seemed to remember it. Then, a few years back, met this girl, we got to talking, and BOOM, she remembered it to! She ended up tracking it down, and we watched the first few episodes together...

Holy shit, it was SO BAD. It was like a really shitty French rip off of Star Wars, but with more mutant plants and implied pedophilia.

The opening track is still a fuckin banger, though!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Ninja Turtles. Loved them as a kid. Watched the cheesy movies, the cartoons, had toys, dressed up as them for Halloween, etc. I couldn't even tell you if the most recent movies or cartoons were bad because I have 0 interest in the franchise.

Resident Cosplay Progressive