Poll: Your Hype Level for Blizzcon 2019

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Even if theres a new wow expansion announcement. The day of launch is gonna be no different then BFA. The same dev team with the same ideals are gonna be pushing the same agenda. Stuff will get delayed for months after the expansion starts as usual. Go watch the previous blizzcon with the BFA announcement. Then compare your reaction of the game now. To how you reacted when they announced BFA. Notice how the hype gave you a let down?

Well, been ready for for the announcement of a new expansion since the announcement of this awful expansion so looking forward to that. But I have little confidence in Blizzards writing anymore so maybe my hype level is at a 3 at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Proof would be them actually stating that there won't be an expansion announcement at Blizzcon 2019.

Proof which simply doesn't exist, so you're speculating, not providing cold, hard facts. Whilst I find it highly unlikely that they'd go against so many years of having a pattern with Blizzcons, they did announce Legion outside of their own con so it's up in the air for now.
    He's delusional, 8.2 release will be around End of june early july, this is basically right on schedule as is the raid release around 2-3 weeks later as they've stated, this is not going to be a "wait months for the next raid" situation as they've already laid out the timeline. CLASSIC will probably release end of Aug/early sept.

8.3 will be somewhere around November/Dec with raid release either early dec or mid jan depending. Expansion is 100% being announced at blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    Even if theres a new wow expansion announcement. The day of launch is gonna be no different then BFA. The same dev team with the same ideals are gonna be pushing the same agenda. Stuff will get delayed for months after the expansion starts as usual. Go watch the previous blizzcon with the BFA announcement. Then compare your reaction of the game now. To how you reacted when they announced BFA. Notice how the hype gave you a let down?
    This same team gave us Legion.

This same team came out of WoD.

So I'd say this incessant hopelessness people so love to wallow in must be debilitating.

-on wow: if nothing changes behind the scenes the next wow expansion will suck as much as bfa
    -sc2 is fucked balancewise ever since hots came out and since the last expansion from 2015 only single player dlc came out along with other useless microtransaction crap
    -diablo is fucked because mobile
    -dont care about heroes, overwatch, the shitty cardgame or warcraft 3

so voting a 0 would still be too much

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    He's delusional, 8.2 release will be around End of june early july, this is basically right on schedule as is the raid release around 2-3 weeks later as they've stated, this is not going to be a "wait months for the next raid" situation as they've already laid out the timeline. CLASSIC will probably release end of Aug/early sept.

8.3 will be somewhere around November/Dec with raid release either early dec or mid jan depending. Expansion is 100% being announced at blizzcon.
    Hope lives for sure, going by history if nothing else.
    Here's hoping this thread won't have been buried by then so it won't be infraction-worthy to comment in it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Potentially, this would be a good year to visit blizzcon. Potential announcments:
    -new wow expansion.
    -new diablo game.
    -new project alltogether.
    -new potential to create another meme about themselves
    -new way to piss off their fans again
    Fixed it to be more accurate.

why would i be hyped? all the latest blizzard games/expansions have been shite.. nothing to be hyped about

what its gonna be? diablo immortal release date? who cares..

new dogshit wow expansion? lmao

what else? possible info about potential TBC etc. release.. thats the only thing to be hyped about tbh

MAYBE they will announce d4, but it will probably be dogshit as well, so who cares?

I think I'm quite done with Blizzcons after last years and the current state of Blizzards games.

I’ve heard and read references along the lines of: “be sure 2019 is the Blizzcon you attend” from people with Blizz contacts. Most of these reports were well before the fiasco of 2018 even began.
    So I personally am cautiously optimistic.

Also, if we want to follow the trend set by the last 6 expansions as an example (bad, good, bad, good, bad, good) - were due for something decent.
    Last edited by Villager720; 2019-04-19 at 12:13 AM.

I bet 99% of the people voting "fuck it" will be glued to news about what's next all the same when Blizzcon happens. There's no way of gauging it but in my experience if people go out of their way to tell everyone they don't care, they do care. Like Hipsters!

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I would buy a ticket To California and a pass for Blizzcon if they brought All the devs out on stage and fired them ( minus art and music ) . That would get me hyped .
    I would even sell my house to see that. Truly a marvelous sight
    Last edited by Zandalariprelate; 2019-04-19 at 12:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I’ve heard and read references along the lines of: “be sure 2019 is the Blizzcon you attend” from people with Blizz contacts. Most of these reports were well before the fiasco of 2018 even began.

Also, if we want to follow the trend set by the last 6 expansions as an example (bad, good, bad, good, bad, good) - were due for something decent.
    I'm generally more optimistic than pessimistic but this makes me really believe in either Diablo 4 OR an entirely new title.
    Inb4 Starcraft Battle Royale.

I bet 99% of the people voting "fuck it" will be glued to news about what's next all the same when Blizzcon happens. There's no way of gauging it but in my experience if people go out of their way to tell everyone they don't care, they do care. Like Hipsters!
    This is so sad but true. Just like how most of the people saying "this is it, I'm quitting!" over 8.2 will still be here moaning about 9.2.

This same team gave us Legion.

This same team came out of WoD.
    Given the constant shifting of team members and layoffs and job postings, what basis do you have to claim that it's the same team?

Not trying to trap you here, just calling for consistency of making claims that require proof.

7+ Year Old Account
    All I see is someone desperate to believe it's true and thus passing it off as fact despite having zero access to actual inside data of any kind.
    And yes, they set a sales record for the game coming off of Legion, no matter how much you want to try and spin that as something negative, it simply isn't. Not for a 14-year old title.

The "if it was doing so great they'd be doing X for sure!"-card is quaint as well, but it changes depending on who's using it. You don't speak for what they would do, that's just guesswork fixed in emotional arguments. Anyone can do it.

Example: "If the game was doing so badly, they'd pull the brakes as they did during WoD. Has it happened yet? Doesn't seem like it. Shame I guess for the people desperate to believe that BfA is somehow literally the worst out of all the "literally worst!!!!"-stamps that this game's been through in its lifetime."

Same as a decade ago, I bet these debates will still go on 10 years more from now. Since people simply never seem to learn.
    All i see is someone who will excuse everything that Blizz does bcs otherwise she would have to use her brin to think for herself and not just parrot what Blizz is saying...

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post

They say that every Blizzcon lol.

And for the past couple of years they've been underwhelming, disappointing and boring. And more of an advertisement for them and Activision trash than anything. The panels just lack passion and the people hosting them barely seem interested or want to.

Blizzcon hasn't been about the fans for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    This is so sad but true. Just like how most of the people saying "this is it, I'm quitting!" over 8.2 will still be here moaning about 9.2.
    Yeah, some of them said "I've given up on this shit game!" a decade ago and are still here, still regularly giving their money to Blizzard, still caring.
    Although no company has managed to please and draw everyone, Blizzard's sure as hell pulled off a miracle in terms of keeping people hooked. I never even knew that people would still consume a product despite hating it before I entered these forums.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    All i see is someone who will excuse everything that Blizz does bcs otherwise she would have to use her brin to think for herself and not just parrot what Blizz is saying...
    Did you use your "brin" to come up with that highly productive and entirely original thought?
    My "brin" functioning differently from most on MMO-C would be a compliment to boot.

7+ Year Old Account
    Although I'm looking forward to new expansion information but I'm not exactly hyped either. Probably have been playing WoW for too long.

I don't care about Retail WoW. Classic will be out before BlizzCon and they already said there are nore major Games coming this Year.