Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    Actually most players that love the game are ... NOT playing the game. Because the game sucks, which is why people are complaining ... thx for providing your completely useless feedback.
    You forget imho what you said was not a fact out all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    You forget imho what you said was not a fact out all.
    Yeah I guess you're right, the reason why the majority of people have left is probably because they really enjoyed the game and were having fun.

Yeah I guess you're right, the reason why the majority of people have left is probably because they really enjoyed the game and were having fun.
    Your guessing now lol man you are funny thats not what im seeing lately im seeing alot of my realms with ques now just to log into WoW BFA lately.

10+ Year Old Account
    for me it seems they doing lot of work in 8.2, so i have hope for BFA ?
    i'll play 8.2 it seems, but i admit i'm caution a little, maybe i'll wait and see
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Dormie View Post
    Reddit is never negative.
    Every time people explain why "BFA sux" I'm more convinced the game is actually fine. Every expansion has had issues.
    Haha, what? There's negativity no matter where you go, Reddit especially. The WoW subreddit regularly has people complaining about how negative everyone is about WoW. It's a place for discussion, no different than mmo-champ.

I mean other games are making "refugee guides" for the leaving WoW players.

I found that quite awesome and welcoming tbh.

And yeah it is the majority mate. Not even WoD had it this bad. There is loads to do in BFA but most of what there is to do just isn't worth doing.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-04-18 at 11:57 PM.

Citation needed. Saving you some time: You have nothing to cite. No data, no facts, nothing but feels.

In fact, most servers on my list show the same pop now as they did early on. Including the ones staying at Full even during off hours such as 5:AM.

If people could at least stop pretending to know this crap, it'd be possible to see something new once in a while.
    "This game sucks right now, that's why everyone's leaving" got old back in WOTLK.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Haha, what? There's negativity no matter where you go, Reddit especially. The WoW subreddit regularly has people complaining about how negative everyone is about WoW. It's a place for discussion, no different than mmo-champ.
    Yeah, never understood why people claim that Reddit is somehow free of negativity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Am willing to bet most people try titles and just don't fall for them.
    I've tried and sometimes stuck with several other MMORPGs, WoW still remains the top dog in terms of overall quality as well as stability in terms of its future.
    The secret weapon for any MMO is player investment in the game. Stability and longevity are important returns. My view is that many players don't have the patience to invest in MMO's that are 80%-90% just like other MMO's. Especially the sort of player that plays an MMO every day for months or years.

I don't really have that issue as I've been a once-or-twice-a-week player of WoW for a long while now. I have the time to invest a little something in a promising game. I'm playing in four MMO-type games now; two with a subscription (both payable from within the game). So I'm patient and have some time to invest a little each week in all of them. It's a very nice way to play. Much nicer than when I was playing X or Y every single day. Variety is good.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Citation needed. Saving you some time: You have nothing to cite. No data, no facts, nothing but feels.
    Yeah that's true dude, I don't have anything to cite because Blizzard stopped reported their sub numbers. They probably did that because their game is as popular as ever and people of all ages are just flocking to play this exciting game that continues to improve year after year.

Blizzard just doesn't want to show off their high and stable sub count because it would make other companies feel bad. Seriously I don't know why you people are so adamant about backing Blizzard in this way. You can like the game all you want and praise certain systems in the game to your hearts content ... but to deny something that's so ridiculously obvious like the game declining in popularity because lots of people don't like it is completely pointless and just makes you look like a Blizz dick rider.

Yeah that's true dude, I don't have anything to cite because Blizzard stopped reported their sub numbers. They probably did that because their game is as popular as ever and people of all ages are just flocking to play this exciting game that continues to improve year after year.

Blizzard just doesn't want to show off their high and stable sub count because it would make other companies feel bad. Seriously I don't know why you people are so adamant about backing Blizzard in this way. You can like the game all you want and praise certain systems in the game to your hearts content ... but to deny something that's so ridiculously obvious like the game declining in popularity because lots of people don't like it is completely pointless and just makes you look like a Blizz dick rider.
    And singing a song that's literally been sung for over a decade by now with nothing to show for it makes you look like... well, I shouldn't say, infractions are a thing. The game was literally dying and the worst ever and everyone was leaving even back when the game retained 12 million, according to these forums. Not to mention when even 14 months of drought held 5 million during a highly polarizing expansion to boot.

Fact of the matter however is that Blizzard's sticking to the new gauge (business standard these days) of MAU. Some taking that to mean that the game is worse off than ever before, even in the face of continued profits and sales of expansions, is just par for the course. There's always the tinfoil hat people.

Meanwhile, 10 years more from now... We're already a decade+ from when I first saw the "this game's tanking in popularity and literally nobody's going to keep making or playing it"-narrative being thrown around.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-04-19 at 01:30 AM.

And singing a song that's literally been sung for over a decade by now with nothing to show for it makes you look like... well, I shouldn't say, infractions are a thing. The game was literally dying and the worst ever and everyone was leaving even back when the game retained 12 million, according to these forums. Not to mention when even 14 months of drought held 5 million during a highly polarizing expansion to boot.

Fact of the matter however is that Blizzard's sticking to the new gauge (business standard these days) of MAU. Some taking that to mean that the game is worse off than ever before, even in the face of continued profits and sales of expansions, is just par for the course. There's always the tinfoil hat people.

Meanwhile, 10 years more from now... We're already a decade+ from when I first saw the "this game's tanking in popularity and literally nobody's going to keep making or playing it"-narrative being thrown around.
    I'm trying to understand what you actually think of the game; I really don't care about narratives that the morons on this forum have been bandwagoning for years and years. Do you deny that the game continues to decline in popularity? if so, why? Do you think those profits are coming from high player retention and satisfaction? or is there another reason?

Lets here your opinion buddy, assuming that you actually have one and aren't just latching onto old narratives to use as a counterpoint that doesn't actually disprove anything.

Another expansion that is a miss in wow historial. Most of the content is nice since comes from Legion but a bit more pulled. However the current classes gameplay is kinda boring but at least they aren't really far behind in terms of damage output, taking away master loot, the HORRIBLE storyline and self entitlement from the devs hasn't help out the already negative view of the expansion.

If only the allied races were the feature of another expansion with Ogres and Vrykul instead of the thic boys from KT but instead that ideas was wasted and probably will be tainted by this mediocre expansion, just like housing because of WoD
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

I won't say the game is necessarily bad. I will say that it isn't for me really. Years ago, I enjoyed it. Now I realize it's more of just the same for the most part... That being a lot of rinse and repeat of level, grind gear, wait for a reset patch, do it again, etc.

I will say the leveling wasn't too bad. Music is good as always. Their cinematic team is top notch as well. Outside of that I just have no real desire to continue it.

If I'm going to pay for a subscription fee, I may as well dump it on FF14 because I feel in that game they do a lot of things right in comparison. Such as allowing you to multiclass on one character and I genuinely do enjoy the professions in FF versus wow's gutted professions.

Perhaps it's because I'm over 30 now and my general mood towards gaming has changed versus 10+ years ago. I have no real desire for classic, either because I went through that way back when and I have no desire to spend that much time doing things again coupled with I can hard pass on casting two spells and being OOM on a low-level caster. Or getting fucked when my spell misses.

I won't bash people that enjoy it, however. I can still see the general appeal for wow because it isn't technically a bad game. It just isn't for me.

There are 2 indicators of how unpopular WoW is.
    1.Twitch numbers have droped significantly.Most of the time they are under 20k
    2.www.wowrealmpopulation.com it is no where near at what Servers were before WoD
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    There are 2 indicators of how unpopular WoW is.
    1.Twitch numbers have droped significantly.Most of the time they are under 20k
    2.www.wowrealmpopulation.com it is no where near at what Servers were before WoD
    Eh. Don't always use Twitch numbers as a metric personally.

Main reason being there are hugely popular games like ESO, Warframe and FF14 with low viewer counts but have decent populations ingame.

However you are right. The viewership for WoW is down and the only time it sees any surge is during the MDI/PvP events or when Method have like 20 streams of the same raid going.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Eh. Don't always use Twitch numbers as a metric personally.

Main reason being there are hugely popular games like ESO, Warframe and FF14 with low viewer counts but have decent populations ingame.

However you are right. The viewership for WoW is down and the only time it sees any surge is during the MDI/PvP events or when Method have like 20 streams of the same raid going.
    They have low view counts because they’re boring to watch. FF14 and eso are both pretty damn boring to play as well, eso isn’t too bad though.

Summit tried playing warframe for a while and ninja tried playing FF14, neither of those two (huge) streamers could break these games into the top 15-20. I will say I actually enjoyed warframe even though it’s not really my style.

Regardless, there’s really no metric that’s good to use to measure popularity. If we use twitch views than FF14 and eso are literally dead. We can’t use subscribers for FF14 or WoW. Only thing we have is MAUs and even then I’m not sure how I feel about that. Anyone using the realm popularity or characters at max level metrics to determine anything is just wrong, too many things to consider there. Only way is to just assume really. Blizzard released a statement talking about their cash cows, I believe it was Candy crush, WoW and some other activism game, this was when they talked about giving more resources to these games. That’s all the info we really have.

Either way, I’m super excited for 9.0 because it seems that’ll be the time they remove or fix TF and also lower gear sources which are the biggest problems with gearing right now. I’m skeptical but a few other things they said made it clear they wanna add to the game again (talents, abilities, etc). So when that happens (if it does) I’ll be happy. Currently BfA is trash, 8.2 will make it okay but it won’t fix the fundamental issues. I’m skeptically hyped for the future but that’s about it.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-04-19 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BFA-suxx View Post
    Last time they had 12 millions subs was Wotlk bro, everytime someone is speaking about the golden Age there is 99% chances it will be wotlk, don't act more stupid than you actually are dude
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Warcraft

according to this the peak was hit on October 10, 2010, which is 2 months before cataclysm release. that is to say, wotlk was at the end of it's lifespan and then a brand new expansionw as released.

so you're wrong, because i doubt sub numbers went down when a new expansion was released. don't act dumber than you actually are dude

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    i dont know whats worse
    that u realize the game is bad and still play it
    or you dont realize the game si bad and you stll play it

wow has changed so much all all for the worse
    Almost as pathetic as not playing or liking a game but still commenting on forums dedicated to that thing you don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by BFA-suxx View Post
    Yeah i'm a mad man, my blood is boiling when we're talking about BFA, i'm so mad i could ... fack.

You're a funny dude, really. The typical hardcore gamer, addicted to a game (yeah i checked your ig character profile, shame on me) and telling to someone that he's biaised because his opinion isn't the same as yours. That's some strong reverse psychology you're doing, using ad hominem trying to discredit me.
    Problem is : you're paying a sub every month, not me, proof that blizzard is keeping you on a leash boy.

Pathetic :eyeroll:
    i'm not the one making objective claims about the game. if you sit there and state "the game is trash" and you don't even play it, and obviously hate blizzard (yet still check mmo-c forums for god knows what reason) you are biased. it is true that if i say "the game is incredible" that is a biased opinion, but i'm not saying that am i? i'm making fun of you for being yourself.

First, let me say that Legion did not have the community reaction like this.

In Legion, I was a blizzard fanboy on this forum. I defended everything they did. My favorite way to defend the game was when there were threads about the worst xpak, during Legion. My saying was that if "current expansion" isn't claimed to be "worst expansion" at the time of its release, then it is likely that "current expansion" is "best expansion."

I mean, the community provides a huge amount of negativity. When the community isn't completely negative about something, that means either the world has turned upside down, or the thing they aren't completely negative about is pretty good.

In BFA, the community has been completely negative about it from day 1. It has only gotten worse. In fact, the negativity has reached a level I haven't seen since MOP was announced as a Kung-Fu Panda licensed(not really) game(it turned out great, actually, but for a time there was a LOT of negativity).

There have been some bad times in WoW. When Siege ran for so long, with no end it sight. When WoD came out with the crappy boat building patch that was just more garrison table, but more boring....and when BFA launched.

So start from the point of knowing that Legion is one of, it not my top xpak.

Also know that even checking my posting history, at the beginning of BFA I was a staunch defender of BFA and all the things Blizzard started bringing to the table.

BFA, unlike many moments in WoW before, has sucked. It has sucked bad. The bad things are:

1. Reward Structure(Loss of long term and intermediate term rewards, promotion of generic loot, devaluation of raiding)
    2. Gameplay(GCD, loss of spells from legendaries, set bonuses, ect)

These are really the only two things changed from Legion, but they are also the two most important parts of any game, really. If a game is rewarding an fun, a lot can be forgiven. It it is unrewarding and boring, very few other things can save it.

So, the game has made steps to correct this reward structure issue. They have introduced a new system....but for me it is too late. I have already started playing other games, and I haven't kept up with my friends who also quit. To come back we need a big even, like a new xpak launching. Unfortunately, no matter how fresh BFA becomes right now, the likelihood I will play are almost none.

I hope Blizzard learns that lesson in BFA. I certainly did. Take the extra time to polish this before release, because fixing it later ends up maybe keeping a lot of huge fans from playing it.