Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    While it is odd that the Horde do not have to do dungeons it isn't a big deal. You can easily out gear the instances and can now queue for Siege of Boralus in Heroic with 8.1. I you refuse to do certain things in a game then you will not be able to see everything. It is as simple as that. The strange thing is when the OP is fine with Warmode and Battlegrounds against AI. But won't join 4 other players to do against AI content.
    I am fine with content that causes no group drama. AI battlegrounds were just great, as the AI NPCs had no chance to win. And if no real player loses, there is not going to be any group drama. Add to that, that battlegrounds do have different outcomes whenever you play them.

The NPC battlegrounds were a huge success. The queue time for those were seconds, while you have to wait for 20 minutes for a normal battleground. Also, noone felt any pressure by real competition. And that is something many people like.

I would always prefer to play against and with NPCs, than against players or with players.

And, hey, sorry, but just take a look onto this thread. If you group up with other people, you will meet as toxic people as in this thread. Happened to me a lot when i played in matchmade dungeons and LFR at start. Nowadays i avoid these group compositions, as i try to avoid toxcicity in the game.

You meet the same people ingame, that hate you for not liking dungeons here on the forums. That want you to play the game as they like. That cannot stand if you do not like what they like.

Exactly as like in this thread.
    Last edited by Fred Skinner; 2019-04-19 at 05:20 AM.

The dungeons can be done on Heroic mode, so just go for it. I had to run a shit ton of battlegrounds to get enough honor points to get a couple pvp color variants of legion-era artifact weapons unlocked, and its not something I was used to doing at all--but who has a bunch of badass looking transmogs now? Me, buddy.

In all seriousness, playing a KT is worth the trouble. I freakin love mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    The dungeons can be done on Heroic mode, so just go for it. I had to run a shit ton of battlegrounds to get enough honor points to get a couple pvp color variants of legion-era artifact weapons unlocked, and its not something I was used to doing at all--but who has a bunch of badass looking transmogs now? Me, buddy.

In all seriousness, playing a KT is worth the trouble. I freakin love mine.
    Imagine people that want to play a game without having to play what they dislike. I am one of them.

I do not play raids if i do not like them. No matter if it drops the best gear, mounts, golden cupholders..
    I do not play dungeons if i do not like them. No matter if they allow you to play an allied race, are the only place that tells the final plot and drop ingredients for crafting.
    I do not play anything i dislike. Because this is a game, and nothing i would invest only one minute into for things i do not want to do. It does not matter how big the rewards are, it never did really matter for me.

But as i do like leveling, and allied races are a part of the leveling gameplay, and as the dungeon prerequisite for alliance only is unfair compared to horde, i ask blizzard to remove the parts i dislike to just become able to play an allied race. Which does not mean i will not work for it. I am all fine with reputation prerquisities, but do not like dungeons, raids or battlegrounds (outside of NPC versions of it).

I think that raids and dungeons should neither tell the final plot, nor should they be prerequisite for questing content. They should be additional lore, and give rewards which are useful for raiders and dungeon players, but the devs should stop trying to lure people into this content, as it will just not work.

Well, and if there is no content left, if all rewards should be moved back to raids, if you need dungeons to progress and you run against a brick wall, there is only one option for me to answer this: I unsub, and continue playing if there is content available for me again. I will not take the artificial brickwall, i will not play a dungeon. I will not play a raid. I will unsub.

Not sure if blizzard likes that if thousands of their players do that. But probably, they should get rid of any kind of brickwalls for achievements which are outside the open world content, and noone would unsub early. Just an idea.
    Last edited by Fred Skinner; 2019-04-19 at 05:34 AM.

You know, in the time it took you to read and respond to this thread, you'd most likely complete at least one or two of the dungeons you need.

Besides, normal dungeons aren't really a social experience. Just follow the tank, attack stuff and don't stand in crap on the ground - if it makes you feel better, you can just imagine the other players are NPCs, it won't make any difference.

And... asking people to do a dungeon or two to unlock an Allied Race is a completely reasonable requirement. What's unreasonable is expecting that you will be able to get everything that you want by only doing the content that you like.
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2019-04-19 at 05:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    And... asking people to do a dungeon or two to unlock an Allied Race is a completely reasonable requirement. What's unreasonable is expecting that you will be able to get everything that you want by only doing the content that you like.
    No, it is not. In special if you do not play dungeons. Allied races itself are questing content. Which is exactly what i like to play. I am an altoholic. I hate dungeons. I hate raids.

Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    No, sorry, i do not like dungeons. Way too linear content. I want to play in the open world. I only would play dungeons if i could do that with npcs.
    1. Wants something
    2. Complains about it instead of doing it

I have seen your posts before, in the hellfires of OT.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    At the same time, dungeons have been part of the "leveling experience" since the start, several open world quests leading you to complete things in dungeons. After 14 years, it's not a "huge surprise".
    Dungeons have been an optional part of the leveling experience. And that is my point. You can level without having to play any dungeon at all. Heck, dungeons are even very ineffective nowadays to play for leveling. The best way is questing. Beside that, queue times are extremely high due to low amount of players leveling new chars.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    I personally think you're making a mountain out of the molehill with this, but as I said earlier, you can always wait until 9.0 when you can solo the requirements.
    And if blizzard does not change that, it will be my only option. I will see how long the content is enough for me until i hit a brickwall where i would stop playing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    1. Wants something
    2. Complains about it instead of doing it
    I will not play some parts of the game no matter what they reward. And why do dungeons brickwall a new allied race for leveling?

I don't exactly love dungeons, personally, but they're not that much of a bother as well. I don't really care that Kul Tirans are locked behind dungeons, because it's the same for Zandalari. Dark Irons required MOTHERLODE, while Mag'har did not - that annoyed me earlier in the expansion. Now, it's not that big of a deal.

In the end, they don't take that long now on heroic. If it's about being around other people, they're not really toxic in dungeons (at least, I haven't run into that many toxic/annoying people - they usually get kicked right away). At this point, it would take longer to read every post on every page of this thread, than to finish the three dungeons needed for Kul Tirans. Probably more pissy people on MMO-C than in dungeons, as well.

If it's about the fact that you dislike how dungeons are played, not much can be done about that. The requirements are already in place for them, since they haven't been in development for quite a while now. If you want them, you'll have to spend less than an hour to do dungeons.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

I will not play some parts of the game no matter what they reward. And why do dungeons brickwall a new allied race for leveling?
    If you don't want to work for it then go play the PTR, you can log in now and play any allied race and get shiny 415 ilvl purplez for every slot.

If you don't want to work for it then go play the PTR
    If you had read only this page of the thread, you would know i want to "work" for them. Which means questing and reputation gains for me.

But not dungeons or raids. I see no logic in making endgame dungeons a prerequisite for a new race to level up.

In special if it is only affecting one faction. Only the alliance players have to run dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    I don't really care that Kul Tirans are locked behind dungeons, because it's the same for Zandalari.
    You do not need to run any dungeons for Zandalari. I already have 3 Zandalari trolls i level.

If you had read only this page of the thread, you would know i want to "work" for them. Which means questing and reputation gains for me.

But not dungeons or raids. I see no logic in making endgame dungeons a prerequisite for a new race to level up.
    I haven't been playing BfA for a few months but I did read this https://www.wowhead.com/proudmoore-a...putation-guide and nothing here says that you need to run dungeons to unlock Kul Tirans.

No, it is not. In special if you do not play dungeons. Allied races itself are questing content. Which is exactly what i like to play. I am an altoholic. I hate dungeons. I hate raids.
    Okay - I hate grinding reputations, so what... following your logic I should be able to unlock Allied Races without it?

And I like leveling characters via dungeons, so it's totally unfair that that I have to do any questing content to unlock an Allied Race, right?

And I like collecting mounts, so I guess I should also be able to get the raid mounts without actually having to the raid?

Or... I like playing max level dungeons and raid, so I guess I should be able to do that without having to level a character?
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2019-04-19 at 06:07 AM.

And those quests require dungeons. What you want them to be doesnt change that fact. Play another race if you don’t like dungeon quests.

You accept that you won’t have all the best gear, mounts etc without raids. Accept that you won’t have all the races without dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

In special if it is only affecting one faction. Only the alliance players have to run dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

You do not need to run any dungeons for Zandalari. I already have 3 Zandalari trolls i level.
    Irrelevant. Get over the cry baby mentality that each faction has to be equal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

I haven't been playing BfA for a few months but I did read this https://www.wowhead.com/proudmoore-a...putation-guide and nothing here says that you need to run dungeons to unlock Kul Tirans.
    Probably you should not check the prerequisites for Proudmoore reputation, but for the allied race then? You need the A nations united achievement for Kul Tirans, which asks you to run 3 dungeons. Tol Dragor, the storm dungeon and the boralus heroic dungeon.

You must have the Battle for Azeroth expansion purchased.
    Proudmoore Admiralty: Exalted with Proudmoore Admiralty may take several weeks to obtain, as you can only earn a limited amount of reputation per time with World Quests and Emissaries. Reference the Proudmoore Admiralty Reputation Guide for details on how to obtain reputation.
    Tides of Vengeance: You will also need to finish the War Campaign--both the 8.0 and 8.1 components. The Battle of Dazar'alor raid is not required.
    A Nation United: Complete the major storylines in Kul Tiras zones -- Loremaster of Kul Tiras, The Pride of Kul Tiras, and A Nation United.

I actually achieved everything of that except the quest chain for a nation united, which contains dungon visits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Irrelevant. Get over the cry baby mentality that each faction has to be equal.
    Yep, you are exactly one of those toxic people i do not want to meet in dungeons. Thanks for proving my point.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay - I hate grinding reputations, so what... following your logic I should be able to unlock Allied Races without it?

And I like leveling characters via dungeons, so it's totally unfair that that I have to do any questing content to unlock an Allied Race, right?

And I like collecting mounts, so I guess I should also be able to get the raid mounts without actually having to the raid?

Or... I like playing max level dungeons and raid, so I guess I should be able to do that without having to level a character?
    Well, if you dislike all of that, why dont you make a thread about it?

Because you play what you dislike?

Probably you should not check the prerequisites for Proudmoore reputation, but for the allied race then? You need the A nations united achievement for Kul Tirans, which asks you to run 3 dungeons. Tol Dragor, the storm dungeon and the boralus heroic dungeon.

You must have the Battle for Azeroth expansion purchased.
    Proudmoore Admiralty: Exalted with Proudmoore Admiralty may take several weeks to obtain, as you can only earn a limited amount of reputation per time with World Quests and Emissaries. Reference the Proudmoore Admiralty Reputation Guide for details on how to obtain reputation.
    Tides of Vengeance: You will also need to finish the War Campaign--both the 8.0 and 8.1 components. The Battle of Dazar'alor raid is not required.
    A Nation United: Complete the major storylines in Kul Tiras zones -- Loremaster of Kul Tiras, The Pride of Kul Tiras, and A Nation United.

I actually achieved everything of that except the quest chain for a nation united, which contains dungon visits.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, you are exactly one of those toxic people i do not want to meet in dungeons. Thanks for proving my point.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, if you dislike all of that, why dont you make a thread about it?

Because you play what you dislike?
    You can get the achieve by skipping the dungeon quests iirc. Go quest some more.

You can get the achieve by skipping the dungeon quests iirc. Go quest some more.
    No, you can not. You do not know what you talk about. You explicitly have to kill dungeon end bosses for the achievement.

Well, if you dislike all of that, why dont you make a thread about it? Because you play what you dislike?
    I was just showing that your demands are completely unreasonable.

People enjoy different things in the game. If Blizzard was to make sure that everyone can get everything they want without ever getting asked to do something that they don't like, the only way to do it would be to remove all requirements from everything.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Play it or live without it.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

No, you can not. You do not know what you talk about.
    I know I finished at least one zone with the dungeon quest in my quest log. Stormsong Valley.

I'm actually going to be pissed at you if you did all this bitching and didn't even quest enough to complete the zone.

I was just showing that your demands are completely unreasonable.
    No, they are not. As i do not like to play dungeons, and will not play them. I just do not share your mentaly that i will play everything just only for a reward.

People enjoy different things in the game. If Blizzard was to make sure that everyone can get everything they want without ever getting asked to do something that they don't like, the only way to do it would be to remove all requirements from everything and hand things over for free to everyone.
    Ah that again, the "you-do-not-want-to-work-for-it" argument. Yes, i want to work for it. No, i do not want to play any dungeons or raids to be able to play an allied race. There is a huge difference between wanting something "for free" or not wanting to play a completely meaningless component of a game for the content the result is about.