Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Standing DoJ guidelines mean Mueller can not indict.
    There was no change of heart.

Read the report. Mueller clearly states this in the introduction of volume 2.
    Third, we considered whether to evaluate the conduct we investigated under the Justice Manual standards governing prosecution and declination decisions, but we determined not to apply an approach that could potentially result in a judgment that the President committed crimes. The threshold step under the Justice Manual standards is to assess whether a person’s conduct “constitutes a federal offense.” U.S. Dep’t of Justice, Justice Manual § 9-27.220 (2018) (Justice Manual). Fairness concerns counseled against potentially reaching that judgment when no charges can be brought. The ordinary means for an individual to respond to an accusation is through a speedy and public trial, with all the procedural protections that surround a criminal case. An individual who believes he was wrongly accused can use that process to seek to clear his name. In contrast, a prosecutor’s judgment that crimes were committed, but that no charges will be brought, affords no such adversarial opportunity for public name-clearing before an impartial adjudicator.
    Mueller is essentially saying Trump is guilty, but since I cannot indict him, I will not state he is guilty because that would prejudice a potential jury or court proceeding in the future.

Hah! Jinx you owe me a coke!
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    The report clearly says Trump tried to break the law.
    But in our system of jurisprudence, he ultimately did not, no crime occurred and no charges brought forward.

That's all, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    Before the report I had the same opinion. Now though, I don't see how they can't start impeachment hearing, Mueller is forcing their hand. They just have to be ready for the hard spin when the Republicans in the Senate fail to live up to their constitutional duty.
    It would be idiotic the GOP has laid out the road map for them to follow slow bleed Trump to make him radioactive and prosecute everyone around him since he is surrounded by crooks and felons. Trump will not be impeached republicans will not stand up to him as long as he's got his propaganda arm Fox News to keep the lemmings in line.

One thing is certain about the report, it did not go the way Trump wanted it to.

Instead it's provided the democrats a lot of election campaign material to help them win 2020.

5+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality
    9 counts of Obstruction of justice is a lot of 'nothing'.
    Wrong, it was 9 investigations into obstruction of justice which the media span into 9 counts of obstruction.

No wonder msm is losing credibility each day.

Oh and LOL @ MuhRussiaConspiractyTheorists .

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    But in our system of jurisprudence, he ultimately did not, no crime occurred and no charges brought forward.

That's all, folks.
    You really don;t understand any of this.

Don;t mistake that statement for me being shocked you don;t understand this stuff, though.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

From the introduction to Volume 2.
    "Fairness concerns counseled against potentially reaching that judgment when no charges
    can be brought. The ordinary means for an individual to respond to an accusation is through a
    speedy and public trial , with all the procedural protections that surround a criminal case. An
    individual who believes he was wrongly accused can use that process to seek to clear his name. In
    contrast, a prosecutor's judgment that crimes were committed, but that no charges will be brought ,
    affords no such adversarial opportunity for public name -clearing before an impartial adjudicator."

This bit is absolutely astonishing when you put it against Bill Barr's claim that the OLC guidance that a sitting president can't be indicted didn't keep Mueller from being able to determine whether or not Trump committed a crime.

In fact the report says the following on the matter:

1) We can't indict a sitting president
    2) It would be wrong to make the accusation if you can't indict and allow the proper legal trial/defense to take place
    3) If we had found NO crime was committed, WE WOULD SAY SO! *silence*

That's all, folks.
    So, he attempted to collude, or attempted to obstruct justice, but failed. So that means he is not guilty? Does that mean I can, hypothetically, shoot you, but a paramedic saves you, is that not attempted murder? In this analogy, you are saying an attempted crime like attempted murder isn't illegal. Good thing you aren't a lawyer.

7+ Year Old Account

That's all, folks.
    Nope. With collusion sure, not with obstruction, or did you not read the report?

This is only the end of act one.

That's all, folks.
    Again, your wrong.
    You don't need to succeed to Obstruct.
    you merely need to try.

Also again there is Muellers conclusion which clearly states that the if the President was innocent of Obstruction of Justice the report would say that.
    Fourth, if we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President
    clearly did not commit obstruction of justice , we would so state. Based on the facts and the
    applicable legal standards , however , we are unable to reach that judgment.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    That's exactly what's happening. Someone who wants to see Alien UFO's and Ghost will see UFO's and Ghost.
    Bill Clinton did lie under oath... if this is exactly what’s happening, than Trump did collude.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    Wrong, it was 9 investigations into obstruction of justice which the media span into 9 counts of obstruction.

No wonder msm is losing credibility each day.

Oh and LOL @ MuhRussiaConspiractyTheorists .
    So you didn’t read the report either.

Lol trump supporters, believing in a criminal like trump.

That's all, folks.
    That's all if you take the spin of the conservative news media and have a 5th grade reading level. Reread the first couple pages of the report and recognize the entire contents are carefully written in the context of Mueller deciding he cannot indict and therefore cannot even accuse a sitting president of a crime. Oh, and by the way, if he had found there was no crime he would have said so but is not willing to say that either...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    That's exactly what's happening. Someone who wants to see Alien UFO's and Ghost will see UFO's and Ghost.
    Nope, keep on masturbating to AOC though, as it seems to distract you from the fact that you know you’re worthless.

Attempted obstruction is not a crime, no matter how much you armchair lawyers wish it to be.

But keep dragging this out and continue to ruin the Dems already slim 2020 chances in the process.
    Last edited by Somewhatconcerned; 2019-04-19 at 01:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Nope, keep on masturbating to AOC though, as it seems to distract you from the fact that you know you’re worthless.
    Actually, outside the UFO nonsense, saying what happened to Bill Clinton is “exactly” what’s happening here, means Trump is guilty and will be impeached. They were too afraid to say Hillary, maybe because chanting lock her up for 3 years, despite an FBI report that specifically states their opinion isn’t to persecute, would be too shattering to the psyche.

- - - Updated - - -

Attempted collusion is not a crime, no matter how much you armchair lawyers wish it to be.

But keep dragging this out and continue to ruin the Dems already slim 2020 chances in the process.
    I don’t think anyone is denying that all this is all about Trump and GOP maintaining power. I cannot think of any other instance, where attempting to collude with a foreign power, would lead a candidate to victory. But, repeating that he only attempting to do it, while your staff is indicted as a result, makes Trump’s support abundantly clear... Trump trying to collude with a foreign power will lead to victory in 2020! Because nothing maters when it comes to Trump...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Attempted collusion is not a crime, no matter how much you armchair lawyers wish it to be.

Wow, I didn't think I would read something so asinine, but you are trying to fucking hard to win the day for the worst post of the day. Right behind Kangodo with his saying that the only good US soldier is a dead US soldier.

I'd be more worried about the counter investigation into the FISA warrant and whatever stink that reveals.

I'd be more worried about the counter investigation into the FISA warrant and whatever stink that reveals.
    Nobody with a functioning brain is worried about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone needs to explain this to me. Hillary was exonerated on several Benghazi investigations, FBI recommendation was to not persecute as a result of email investigation. Yet, Trump won, literally on nothing, but conspiracy theories about Clinton. Yet, Trump being scrutinized over an FBI report that didn’t reach the same result as Hillary, will cause any DNC opponent to lose? Isn’t that inconsistent? If someone voted for Trump because Hillary was corrupt, there is far more evidance here than anything against her. Why would this help Trump, while sinking Clinton? It doesn’t make sense...