Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    @Jaqumo
    Correct you are! https://itemization.github.io/all/ar...ing-11669.html
    Changing it back to the Uldaman ring. But adding the horde-only ring.
    Last edited by pingowtf; 2019-04-19 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    Threads like this is why Classic never will be like Vanilla was. Personally I don’t care about min/maxing you do whatever you want. But what made Vanilla stand out from other expansions is that people didn’t really min/maxed and just went with whatever new gear dropped.

Come Classic people will reject players from groups for not having certain items or gear. That didn’t happen in vanilla when creating dungeon groups. As long as you had the proper level you were good to go.
    Absolutely agree 100%. Every where I look there is guides for levelling, gearing, professions etc etc. The whole joy in vanilla was making your own way in the world and finding/ learning things yourself. Too much min maxing and elitist shit that has spoilt retail has spoilt vanilla and it hasn't even been released.

I was a huge fan of pushing for vanilla believing it will be extremely popular. I honestly think it will bomb now and fizzle away as people have thrown down the gauntlet with raid or die attitudes.

@Leonora
    Hey man, thanks!
    Reason why spirit is more favoured than mp5 is because it works towards both healing and mana recovery and it scales with hakkar buff and blessing of kings. With high-end gear we're talking 100+ spirit gained from those two buffs alone.

I've protected the sheet somehow, not sure if it works until now. :-P
    I keep updating it, so the one stored for offline purposes may be outdated when the time comes. ;-)

@pingowtf I notice this on a lot of BiS lists but for Hunter in Naxx you have Silithid Claw which gives 30 ap & 1% crit, There is an axe out of Naxx called Hatchet of Sundered Bone which has 36 ap & 1% crit

https://classicdb.ch/?item=22816 - Hatchet of Sundered Bone

https://classicdb.ch/?item=21673 - Silithid Claw

Quote Originally Posted by pingowtf View Post
    Reason why spirit is more favoured than mp5 is because it works towards both healing and mana recovery and it scales with hakkar buff and blessing of kings. With high-end gear we're talking 100+ spirit gained from those two buffs alone.
    For clarity: high-end gear and ZG are imo for later phases. Does this argument also hold for the first phase(s) ?

> I've protected the sheet somehow, not sure if it works until now. :-P
    If preventing people from changing it, I understand your choice. Otherwise, why? Now its just tedious to find out how to copy it as backup.

> I keep updating it, so the one stored for offline purposes may be outdated when the time comes. ;-)
    Of course .

@Leonora
    My argument clearly does not... -_- Spirit still does count towards both healing and mp5 and blessing of kings is still around pre-ZG. Imo it's better to keep focusing on that.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Huskar000
    Thanks! I'll update it.

7+ Year Old Account
    @pingowtf
    Check PM

Also worth noting that hunters can feign death to swap trinkets in fights. Maybe you should add a bis swap trinket for all the stages.

Devilsaur Eye is great for that purpose before AQ patch and then you can get Earthstrike or Slayers Crest in Naxx. Also why no Swarmguard trinket for hunter in AQ? Its great. Also missing Renataki trinket (ZG Edge of Madness) imho.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2019-04-19 at 10:12 AM.

Great idea! I'll definetly do that!

10+ Year Old Account
    Perudo If the feral attacks scale with the base DMG of the weapon that is superior to 25 agility. It's still uncertain if it does though. The second best enchant would be 25 agility though.
    It definitely shouldn't. Mangos introduced this bug iirc. For tanking BEAR you'd want +15str (+30AP), for DPS CAT you'd want +25agi (+25AP +crit).

Capsing and striking out, because STR gives +2 AP and agility gives +1 AP (only in cat form) and crit
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2019-04-19 at 10:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Great idea! I'll definetly do that!
    The use of Freezing bands for Mages should be bracketed as these are BoE epics.

@Charge me Doctor
    Afaik there's no such thing as a strength enchant in Vanilla. If it should prove that striking won't work, agility would be the enchant to aim for in both the bear and the cat case.

@Uurdz Some may think that, I don't. Mages have easier than any other class in terms of farming gold. When and if aiming for dual freezing band you can use alternatives. There is a link (just like for all other classes) in the mage avatar. There you can find alternatives.
    Last edited by pingowtf; 2019-04-19 at 03:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Charge me Doctor
    Afaik there's no such thing as a strength enchant in Vanilla. If it should prove that striking won't work, agility would be the enchant to aim for in both the bear and the cat case.
    Not arguing about which one will be better for tanking, it simply the case of what you want, extra 1% dodge or extra AP, but there was definitely a weapon strength enchant bought for reputation with thorium brotherhood
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

You're right, there is. I've never seen anyone use that enchant tbh. Guess it's decent in terms of TPS. Bear-tanks are a rare thing, which probably is why! ;-)
    I still think 25 agility would be the better choice because of the dodge and armour as well.

Warding staff is not THAT expensive. You can have both enchants! :-P

15+ Year Old Account
    Not looked in much details but isn't https://classic.wowhead.com/item=187...spine-crossbow better for Warrior tanks for preBIS until P3 https://classic.wowhead.com/item=19350/heartstriker?

Update: #1. Corrected chest piece for resto-shamans through pp1-p4. #2. Corrected trinkets for warriors p5-p6. #3. Added "swap-trinkets" for hunters and rogues. Swap-trinket definition: A "use-trinket" which you feign-death/vanish to switch from after the buff has run out.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Zhaine
    It's debatable, I guess. But the amount of stamina gained instead of 1% hit doesn't cover it, I think. TPS is important as well, but I guess one could bring both and swap if more HP is needed.

Bluepost - no progressive itemization! Looks like I have some work to do!

Bluepost - no progressive itemization! Looks like I have some work to do!
    Look at early private server BiS lists, the ones from before progressive itemization became the standard

Love the list; have any plans to put in frost resist stuff?

@Atherions
    Thanks, but Classic Wowhead has the correct stats as well.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Notfemmesbf
    It has crossed my mind, but I haven't gotten around to do it. It's usually no big deal getting the items when Sapphiron is at the step. The epic frost resistance items usually suffices for all classes, without having to spend time farming around Azeroth for gear.