Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Is Preach And The Community Becoming Overly Cynical About The Game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=767StGhEO-E

Preach recently made a video getting in-depth with the new Heartforge system. After watching it, it got me thinking. How can someone be so nitpicky and cynical about literally everything regarding the mechanics of the game? I try very hard to understand the intricacies of my characters, but I just can't match preach or other mythic raiders feelings on how classes play in BFA. I can't look this deeply into them or care this much. I do agree they're worse than legion, but they dont feel as terrible as the forums make them out to be. I love Preaches content, but his attitude recently regarding new content turns me off. It's a real shame. The community in general has gotten so cynical as well. You can't go 5 seconds without people ranting about the smallest thing.

What do you guys think of preach and the community in general recently? Has anyone else noticed a shift in attitude towards WoW? Do you miss Preaches more chilled out critiques and videos? Maybe all of this has to do with him losing ghost? Not having two opinions bouncing off eachother? I'm not sure. Does the negativity turn you off of the game?
    Last edited by TheEaterofSouls; 2019-04-19 at 06:50 PM.

Simple fact of the matter is this.

When some of the most well know people who loved WoW say this is the worst expansion ever or are being critical it says a damn lot.

However when even Crendor who is normally known for his neutrality is critical then you've done something wrong.

However. Form your own opinion of the game. Simple as that.

"This is the worst expansion ever. If you dont agree with me you're stupid." this is the attitude that drives me away from the game.

Another youtube channel advertisement?

Class content used to be Preach’s bread and butter. He would level each class to max every expansion to make videos. It makes sense that the expansion with the worst class design ever is giving him a bad time.

He's not being overly cynical. He's just pointing out that stuff doesn't make any sense with the Essence system. Like Fire mages getting mana gen lol.

You have to remember that a lot of people are too stupid/stubborn to just admit they are bored or burned out. 10x so for streamers since the idiotic lot of them decided their job is to play a game, even though the best advice in the world is keep the things you like far the fuck away from what you do for work. So all the youtube hacks now hate their job and they spew the hate out to their fans who eat the steaming pile up and spew it out onto various echo chambers on the internet, and the cycle repeats forever

basically idiots who make a living off youtube cannot be trusted to be honest about anything because the only thing they care about is views which = money
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    True, even WoD, for its faults had great class design and raiding. The problem was when your raids were done for the week there was nothing else, BFA has the reverse problem, which is much worse - there is a lot to do, but the core gameplay is so weak that you don't want to do all that content.
    I despised WoD's class design tbh. but that's a personal thing

MoP = Legion > Cata > BFA >WoD

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    "This is the worst expansion ever. If you dont agree with me you're stupid." this is the attitude that drives me away from the game.
    Couldn't care less what some youtubers think. Just saying if they've suddenly switched to criticism and if one of the most neutral WoW youtubers has switched to criticism then it speaks volumes about the state. Because those people were positive about WoD for crying out loud.

My opinion? It is the worst expansion. Simple as that. It's what I think and that's that. Nobody has to agree/disagree with me at all. I don't need some Youtuber/streamer to reinforce my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually Preach isnt that cynical, I actually think he is constructive he offers criticism with solutions and does tend to praise the game where it matters

There are worse people out there like Heelvbabyface who literally shit of WoW for the sake of shitting on it, his whole Youtube channel is based off of negativity.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I mean BFA point of selling was about making people fight each other in both the game and irl(just look at the few commercials and interview blizz did). So this kind of shift in the mentality of the community was expected, almost like if blizzard was payed to do some massive social experiment from some californian politician/group
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

When some of the most well know people who loved WoW say this is the worst expansion ever or are being critical it says a damn lot.
    Whats the difference between yours, mine or youtubers opinion? If he/she is well known, it is somehow more worthwhile?
    Cmon, use your own brain...

Literally everyone is obsessed with e-celeb bullshit these days.

No. The cynicism is entirely justified by long, bitter experience.

Streamers put all the weird biased ideas into the heads of the stupid, who come to forums to parrot them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I think 90% of people in the community would agree with you, of course it's an opinion, but lets be honest some opinions are so widely agreed upon they may as well be fact.
    Exactly.

There are people who like BFA and fair play.

But from what I've seen it does seem a huge majority have left WoW or posted their displeasure with the current expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    There are worse people out there like Heelvbabyface who literally shit of WoW for the sake of shitting on it, his whole Youtube channel is based off of negativity.
    I agree with you there. TBH im just frustrated with the negativity I keep encountering. I'm sure preach has his reasons and thats great and all. I'm just getting stressed from it. As someone with high anxiety on meds.

I agree with you there. TBH im just frustrated with the negativity I keep encountering. I'm sure preach has his reasons and thats great and all. I'm just getting stressed from it. As someone with high anxiety on meds.
    The negativity wouldn't exist if Blizzard had actually tried to make a good game and not been consistently floundering with WoW as of late.

You make a subpar product then expect the majority to be negative. Case in points being Anthem, FF14 1.0, Metal Gear Survive and Fallout 76 as huge examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Exactly.

There are people who like BFA and fair play.

But from what I've seen it does seem a huge majority have left WoW or posted their displeasure with the current expansion.
    I dont think the forums are the majority. We have no idea what the majority thinks of the game and probably never will. Im not saying they arent upset, im just saying a far greater number of players are silent.

10+ Year Old Account

What do you guys think of preach and the community in general recently? Has anyone else noticed a shift in attitude towards WoW?

Have you ever considered that maybe a lot of people feel that the game is not in a good place and the negativity is justified? That "shift in attitude" didn't happen for no reason.

When the devs outright ignore feedback throughout the entire alpha and beta, and break promises (like that shaman rework they promised that never happened), being negative is really the only option left to make the devs get off their backsides and do something about all the problems.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-04-19 at 07:03 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.