Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    ive been considering getting the game and boosting, i played on launch to about level 20, hated questing. was so slow and tedious. i dont give a fuck about the story. same with wow. i love dungeons, raiding, and progressing my character. i have buddies that play and can help me out at max level. What im trying to figure out, is what boosts i need and where exactly they put them? There appear to be a few different boosts. Has anyone used these/can elaborate and where they put me? I want to get the closest to max level as possible and skip as much leveling as possible
    The story skip will skip to Stormblood (thereby bypassing ARR and HW) and then EACH job has it's own skip, so you have to figure out which job you want to play and buy that boost. Just like WoW though it'll only get you 60, 10 levels under current max.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    The story skip will skip to Stormblood (thereby bypassing ARR and HW) and then EACH job has it's own skip, so you have to figure out which job you want to play and buy that boost. Just like WoW though it'll only get you 60, 10 levels under current max.
    sweet, thats what i thought but wanted to be sure. Im going red mage. Now, there is a new expac coming right? will the boost level change once that is released? does it usually?

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    sweet, thats what i thought but wanted to be sure. Im going red mage. Now, there is a new expac coming right? will the boost level change once that is released? does it usually?
    SB is the first expansion with boost, none of us have any idea what they plan when shadowbringers releases unfortunately. They may delay it, they may not change it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    SB is the first expansion with boost, none of us have any idea what they plan when shadowbringers releases unfortunately. They may delay it, they may not change it all.
    yeah i just got the story boost and am spamming dungeons with a buddy, level 21 atm i started with black mage, but holy shit was it slow, switched to bard, much better paced.

15+ Year Old Account
    Made it to 50 yesterday on my DRG and switched to SAM which I'm really enjoying. I also finished up the Seventh Umbral Era MS, and I'm working on the Seventh Astral Era line. I'm not gonna lie, questing through the MS of the Umbral was boring, but jesus fuck these Astral MS quests are mind numbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    Made it to 50 yesterday on my DRG and switched to SAM which I'm really enjoying. I also finished up the Seventh Umbral Era MS, and I'm working on the Seventh Astral Era line. I'm not gonna lie, questing through the MS of the Umbral was boring, but jesus fuck these Astral MS quests are mind numbing.
    The slog through the 50+ quests into Heavensward have been lauded as some of the worst questing in the game because 1) there's so damned many of them and 2) all the clicking and talking and not a lot of fighting...just know that it DOES get better once you start Heavensward. Honestly, once the quests leading up to Heavensward start discussing Iceheart, they pick up a lot.

You're through the worst of it, keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The slog through the 50+ quests into Heavensward have been lauded as some of the worst questing in the game because 1) there's so damned many of them and 2) all the clicking and talking and not a lot of fighting...just know that it DOES get better once you start Heavensward. Honestly, once the quests leading up to Heavensward start discussing Iceheart, they pick up a lot.

You're through the worst of it, keep it up!
    Yeah. The part that stands out in my memory is Keeper of the Lake specifically, but some of the stuff before that was alright. But I recall that being a game changer moment for me when I was suddenly much more interested with the plot and, and once you hit HW the slog is never this bad again. That's not to say there isn't plenty of dialog/cutscenes. That never goes away entirely, but it's never this bad again even as the overall story quality waxes and wanes at different points.