Woo, we are going to get to 20,000 posts in a thread!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Russians are still Obama's fault
    He can't even say anything against his butt buddy Putin...
    He kind of is... Trump is a moron and doesn’t realize that blaming Obama, for what Russia accomplished, kinda means Russia used their attack to deal what they believe is a worthy blow to culminate their efforts... electing Trump. Think about that... the worst thing... the one thing that Russia chose to blow all their capital to harm America... was to elect Trump. So... thanks Obama... for letting Russia attack US, by electing Trump.

Mueller's report looks bad for Obama
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/19/opini...ngs/index.html
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    He kind of is... Trump is a moron and doesn’t realize that blaming Obama, for what Russia accomplished, kinda means Russia used their attack to deal what they believe is a worthy blow to culminate their efforts... electing Trump. Think about that... the worst thing... the one thing that Russia chose to blow all their capital to harm America... was to elect Trump. So... thanks Obama... for letting Russia attack US, by electing Trump.

Didnt realize Obama was still president.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Yep, that's the dictator move right there. There was enough evidence -- which they admitted to -- to start the investigation. Then he fired Comey to stop the investigation, and that brought on Mueller. Then he tried to fire Mueller.

And after his words and actions were shown to warrant this, oh yeah, start a counter-investigation based on literally negative evidence. And threaten the people with death, because Treason carries that penalty.

- - - Updated - - -

DOJ refuses to comply with subpoena.

They call it "premature" and offer instead a report with fewer redactions.

There's apparently an offer on the table for the Gang of Eight to see the full thing, but not Congress in general. I'm not convinced that's good enough, but it's acceptable, since it's a mixed group.
    Gang of Eight should have had it less than a day after Barr had it, and completely unredacted, offering it now is the "to little to late" attempt for Barr to sidestep the path of a rightfully earned shitstorm

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post

I read that piece. Its conclusions are certainly... interesting. Basically that Obama prioritized the Iran nuclear deal over evidence of Russian interference making this whole thing his fault (and not the Russian's fault). It further invented a scenario in which the Obama administration invented collusion allegations. You know, because the Mueller report made those allegations ridiculous (it didn't). Don't get me wrong, Obama had a part to play, but plenty of blame is available to go around.
    Last edited by buck008; 2019-04-20 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    I read that piece. Its conclusions are certainly... interesting. Basically that Obama prioritized the Iran nuclear deal over evidence of Russian interference making not only this whole thing his fault (and not the Russian's fault). It further invented a scenario in which the Obama administration invented collusion allegations. You know, because the Mueller report made those allegations ridiculous (it didn't). Don't get me wrong, Obama had a part to play, but plenty of blame is available to go around.
    Well I mean, it's hard to blame someone for shifting focus to different issue. Who knows how different things could have been.

Nor did Obama's administration invent collusion allegations. Trump's team may not have saught out aid from Russia, but they certainly didn't blow the whistle as would be expected of them either. Some blame can fall on Obama for sure, but the lions share in on Trump's team for being complicit with it.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Meanwhile, collusion or not, Mueller found so much evidence of wrongdoing besides the focus of his investigation that he had to hand it off to several different other offices.

It makes zero sense to keep pretending that Trump and his people are not criminals. I was watching Arrested Development recently and I don't know who they based the Bluth family on, but sure as fuck seems like the Trump family at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Some blame can fall on Obama for sure, but the lions share in on Trump's team for being complicit with it.
    And McConnell, who refused to sign onto the joint-statement ahead of the election about said Russian interference, which halted anything from being said because Obama was being extremely sensitive of giving off the appearance that he was improperly putting his thumb on the scale for Hillary.

It's not just Trump, it's Republicans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didnt realize Obama was still president.
    Of course he isn’t... that wouldn’t have hurt America. Why would Russia use all their capital to elect someone like Obama? No... their weapon is Trump. Because Trump is a moron...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Meanwhile, collusion or not, Mueller found so much evidence of wrongdoing besides the focus of his investigation that he had to hand it off to several different other offices.

It makes zero sense to keep pretending that Trump and his people are not criminals. I was watching Arrested Development recently and I don't know who they based the Bluth family on, but sure as fuck seems like the Trump family at times.
    I may have committed a little light treason...
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Well I mean, it's hard to blame someone for shifting focus to different issue. Who knows how different things could have been.

Nor did Obama's administration invent collusion allegations. Trump's team may not have saught out aid from Russia, but they certainly didn't blow the whistle as would be expected of them either. Some blame can fall on Obama for sure, but the lions share in on Trump's team for being complicit with it.
    My reading of the report makes me think that while the Trump campaign did absolutely nothing to deter the influence, they were absolutely aware of it and saw it as beneficial. That being said, they could never connect enough dots to say Trump's people aided or encouraged it nor were they in a position to counteract it other than proper reporting. So I'm not sure lion's share is appropriate. I'm still not sure where people are getting this idea that the report completely exonerated him though. It's bonkers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I read that piece. Its conclusions are certainly... interesting. Basically that Obama prioritized the Iran nuclear deal over evidence of Russian interference making this whole thing his fault (and not the Russian's fault). It further invented a scenario in which the Obama administration invented collusion allegations. You know, because the Mueller report made those allegations ridiculous (it didn't). Don't get me wrong, Obama had a part to play, but plenty of blame is available to go around.
    Yeah, I actually stopped reading at the invented collusion part. It’s kinda what jarred me to realize it was opinion. But, I do agree with some of the points about the Iran deal.

- - - Updated - - -

My reading of the report makes me think that while the Trump campaign did absolutely nothing to deter the influence, they were absolutely aware of it and saw it as beneficial. That being said, they could never connect enough dots to say Trump's people aided or encouraged it nor were they in a position to counteract it other than proper reporting. So I'm not sure lion's share is appropriate. I'm still not sure where people are getting this idea that the report completely exonerated him though. It's bonkers.
    What the report made clear, is they weaponized their election’s attack, by electing Trump. I’ve been consistent in calling Trump too stupid to collude and that he likely was more a patsy, than a chess piece... That’s why Trump plays in 4D, that way he thinks he matters beyond being a weapon against America.

I'm still not sure where people are getting this idea that the report completely exonerated him though. It's bonkers.
    Because Trump's chief PR rep and defense lawyer...sorry, the Attorney General William Barr said so. And so did Trump and his lackies.

And Trump's followers seem fully on board the "listen and believe" train...just only when it comes to Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Because Trump's chief PR rep and defense lawyer...sorry, the Attorney General William Barr said so. And so did Trump and his lackies.
    Excuse me Edge. His title is Acting White House Press Secretary, thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The transmutation of this tempest in a teacup from a vast international Russian Manchurian candidate conspiracy to Trump talked about firing a dude but didn't, is amazing.

This is beautiful, all this time waiting for the report and it pretty much says “Well we didn’t find anything criminal, but this doesn’t mean he didn’t do anything criminal”. A perfect set up for one side to scream “Witch Hunt” and the other side to scream anything they deem incriminating right back. Truly a blessing.

Of course, had he actually fired Mueller he would have saved everyone time and money since the central question came up zilch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    The transmutation of this tempest in a teacup from a vast international Russian Manchurian candidate conspiracy to Trump talked about firing a dude but didn't, is amazing.

This is beautiful, all this time waiting for the report and it pretty much says “Well we didn’t find anything criminal, but this doesn’t mean he didn’t do anything criminal”. A perfect set up for one side to scream “Witch Hunt” and the other side to scream anything they deem incriminating right back. Truly a blessing.
    What's beautiful is that Trump never complained once about Russia's influence of the 2016 election.
    What's beautiful are all those times that Russia contacted Trump's campaign and no one notified the FBI.
    What's beautiful is Trump crying "I'm fucked," after Mueller's appointment. (Gee, I wonder why he said that?) What's beautiful are people like yourself that completely support Trump, and his favorable actions towards Russia.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    What's beautiful is that Trump never complained once about Russia's influence of the 2016 election.
    What's beautiful are all those times that Russia contacted Trump's campaign and no one notified the FBI.
    What's beautiful is Trump crying "I'm fucked," after Mueller's appointment. (Gee, I wonder why he said that?) What's beautiful are people like yourself that completely support Trump, and his favorable actions towards Russia.
    Lol, hold onto the dream I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Lol, hold onto the dream I guess.
    Don't need to dream.
    But then I suppose you're one of those Russians.

Of course, had he actually fired Mueller he would have saved everyone time and money since the central question came up zilch.
    I'm not sure how you read the report and came to this conclusion. It's not actually possible unless you didn't care to read the results and just went with whatever the hell you wanted to think.

Honestly, your whole post was pretty insane and off base, but the quoted part is just unbelievable.

The fact that you think the report came up "zilch" tells me you didn't even actually bother to read it. You don't even need to read the whole thing, just scroll to like literally any page in volume 1 and 2 and there's way more than "zilch".

But thanks for making it obvious to the rest of us that you didn't read it. How do you feel knowing that you trust the word of Trump, Fox News and company over just reading the Mueller report for yourself with your own eyes?