Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    This is nothing new. I just look for the older gear to TM.

Quote Originally Posted by RushRush View Post
    While the sets don't fit every class some look quite decent really.

But whinging about everything is totally hip right now so let's just go with that.
    Welcome to the 2000's bro.

well they removed tier sets so most people probably use a ton of M+ gear. kind of sad that your char will probably be wearing shitty looking mismatched dungeon gear all xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    Well, yea, because they aren't designed around the classes alone but around the content they come from. Which is why Uldir has Titan-Themed gear and Zul'Dazar has Troll-Themed gear, focussing on Bwonsamdi. I get why you don't like it, but please... "Oh no, i don't like an armor set. Woe is me." Im a fucking Paladin. Have you seen T1, 4,5, 7, 11, ...? Cry me a river...
    Problem is we've been had tier sets based around the content they originated from. The only difference being that we only get 4 sets instead of the 9+ we've been getting with maybe one or two sets being wildly unrelated to the content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Warfront gear looks great. Heritage sets are cool.

The only let down is raid gear. BoD was okay but Uldir and Eternal Palace look meh.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most unmogged appearances are horrific and most people are covered in Mythic+ gear and will be all expansion like myself.

I'm not a fan of the majority of gear this Expansion. The idea of having really thematic and location designed gear never appealed and a lot of the sets are average to awful. Mail sets have been particularly bad IMO outside the Alliance PVP ones. To me the problem is most of the non-mythic sets look like they are missing something, as if they designed the Mythic set and then said what can we take away from this to make it look worse. Of what I've seen of 8.2 sets there is a decent PVP Cloth set and rest is meh, and right now Horde/Alliance and the Raid share the same four sets for Gladiator/Raid and are just recolours.

From my current PoV with 8.2 we are just getting less sets now. I still yearn for Class Sets because there's a higher chance of a great set and I know right now my Paladin/Warrior/Death Knight all would look the same because every set is shared. Hoping for more with new builds, hoping/assuming we have more in 8.2
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    I main hunter, so I am used to tier sets looking like absolute garbage/everything but hunter gear. I have given up hope on Blizzard getting it right ever since the SoO set (lol wtf). But it is really really bothersome that, even when they have to design so few sets compared to previous expansions, they are boring and uninspired. They should be the best thing EVER, because they should be the one thing that replaces all others.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    well they removed tier sets so most people probably use a ton of M+ gear. kind of sad that your char will probably be wearing shitty looking mismatched dungeon gear all xpac.
    As opposed to wearing shitty looking mismatched raid gear all xpac?

I'm not sure i see the big difference.

I think all the dazar'alor tier sets look amazing in their mythic verisons. Other versions not so much

Yeah, honestly gear design has been a huge miss this expansion.

Funny enough, I actually feel like the leveling gear has some solid designs in there. Leather got some cool pirate-esque sets, plate got the first non-full body armor the game has had in a good long while in the troll-themed plate set, and cloth got a cool tentacle wizard set.

But the further we've gotten into the expansion, the messier and less interesting gear has felt. I really think they underestimated the value of class-specific tier armor designs.

Mismatched gear has always been a problem.

I actually like almost all of the sets in BfA so far and the 8.2 sets look pretty cool too. Weapons, especially, have been awesome this expansion, imo. I like them more than most artifact skins.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Nope. You are right.

Gear designs for this expansion are godawful. The Warfront ones are especially pathetic considering how much they touted this feature.

The raid ones are even worse. None of the current Mail sets suit a Hunter. They are built around Shamans.

They've gotten flat out lazy with this expansion overall anyway so it's not surprising the armour sets suffered too.
    how have they been lazy on Armour when they are adding more sets then they did in the past? not liking it doesn't make it lazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a time when I thought having the "better" raid gear appearances exclusive to mythic difficulty wasn't preferred but also wasn't really an issue, but I definitely don't think so in this expansion. The mythic raid sets in this expansion have shown promise in some race/class contexts, but the majority of their corresponding non-mythic appearances just look so watered down and forgettable. It seems to me like, unlike the last two expansions, they've designed the mythic sets first, and then just took out the defining elements to make the lower-difficulty sets. I really disagree with this method; I think it'd be preferred if they use the original armor designs for most raid difficulties and then add visual elements for the mythic set, otherwise the non-mythic sets look like glorified questing gear.

I feel like the Tier 3 Warfront appearances and heritage armor have been the most compelling armor designs this expansion so far. Aside from those, I do feel BfA has been really skimping out on adding enough good armor options to offset the lack of class-specific raid appearances. I'm also disappointed in the lack of coat models for non-Kul Tiran humans.

Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    Mismatched gear has always been a problem.
    Not in TBC. T5 and T6 were the best things you could get. Warriors had the Shield. Casters had the appropriate items. Rogues had their shit. Hunters theirs.

If you saw someone in Shatt on Ashes with a full tier set, you knew they were business. I still remembering walking in on a Undead Rogue with double glaives and full tier set, surrounded by two dozen people running around him. It was... nothing ever in any game has come close since then, that image is burned in to my mind.

It was still the case overall in Wrath as well with ICC sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Not in TBC. T5 and T6 were the best things you could get. Warriors had the Shield. Casters had the appropriate items. Rogues had their shit. Hunters theirs.

If you saw someone in Shatt on Ashes with a full tier set, you knew they were business. I still remembering walking in on a Undead Rogue with double glaives and full tier set, surrounded by two dozen people running around him. It was... nothing ever in any game has come close since then, that image is burned in to my mind.

It was still the case overall in Wrath as well with ICC sets.
    And that's the case now. If you see someone in Dazar'alor (or Boralus or wherever) in full mythic BoD gear riding the Glacial Tidestorm you know they've put in the effort.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, look pretty ridiculous TBH

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

i look like a clown... literally lmao

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    yeah i guess ther were a few niche specs here and there that mixed it up a bit, but for the most part what i said was true.
    Pretty sure all plate classes had this going for them except the tank specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongCracker View Post
    Two tiers into the expansion and if you unxmog your gear I would be willing to bet your toon looks like complete and total horse shit.

I know I know "JuSt XmOg Ur GeAr AnD StFu"

but the total lack of effort into the gear is pure laziness.
    I dunno plate warfront gear looks awesome and dazaralor mythic sets look kick ass
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by RushRush View Post
    While the sets don't fit every class some look quite decent really.

But whinging about everything is totally hip right now so let's just go with that.
    Mail wearers have been complaining about shit half assed looking gear since way befor it was cool. And we will continue to do so.