Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Anyone care about Days Gone, anyone at all?

I fully understand the answer to "why is Sony pushing this shit so hard?" is probably "because all their big releases are being held back to launch closer to the PS5 next year" but boy do i not get why theres a small number of people i see monumentally excited for what looks like the blandest thing ever. This looks like a game that someone on a show like Law and Order who's writing an episode about 'the evil gamers of today!' would make up if they couldnt get the rights to use an actual game.

They put out some new info today and thus far the game seems to be sold with the following points:
    -Its an open world zombie game with survival crafting elements. In 2019
    -At night the zombies get stronger
    -To break up the monotony there are super zombies like a screamer, a muscular charging guy, a vomit spitter and exploding fat guy
    -You need to scavenge to build shit that constantly breaks from use over time
    -Have not shown any story hooks but just flashback backstory which is always a massive warning sign for an open world game
    -Very rudimentary upgrade tree
    -Human bad guys are a pagan religious cult that worships the zombies, shut up dont think about it
    -pre order bonuses and fun pay minibuys with rumblings of a season pass
    -Clear camps of human enemy's and zombie nests across the map, no this isn't a ubisoft title why do you ask
    -Quicktime events for 'cinematic action'.
    and so on.

This game kind of fascinates me and its hard to put my finger on why exactly. Sony is pushing this like their next Horizon Zero Dawn or The Last of Us but it looks like a prettier State of Decay 2 or just a frankensteins monster of all the gaming fads of 2008-2011 combined to make something that seems like its travelled through time and while it looks technically sound and not a burning trash fire like anthem or something its got so little buzz it looks like the first chance at a none scandal based AAA flop in a while.

So does anyone actually care about this game? or is this just a lot of marketing for another game like last autumns Call of Cthulu that got tons of buzz and marketing but you probably forgot it existed before i mentioned it.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2019-04-20 at 12:25 AM.

Probably would have got it, but Playstation exclusive.

I do really looking forward to playing it and I'm getting the CE.

Sony is pushing this like their next Horizon Zero Dawn or The Last of Us
    No they are not, This game has WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY less marketing then both of those.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I fully understand the answer to "why is Sony pushing this shit so hard?" is probably "because all their big releases are being held back to launch closer to the PS5 next year" but boy do i not get why theres a small number of people i see monumentally excited for what looks like the blandest thing ever. This looks like a game that someone on a show like Law and Order who's writing an episode about 'the evil gamers of today!' would make up if they couldnt get the rights to use an actual game.

They put out some new info today and thus far the game seems to be sold with the following points:
    -Its an open world zombie game with survival crafting elements. In 2019
    -At night the zombies get stronger
    -To break up the monotony there are super zombies like a screamer, a muscular charging guy, a vomit spitter and exploding fat guy
    -You need to scavenge to build shit that constantly breaks from use over time
    -Have not shown any story hooks but just flashback backstory which is always a massive warning sign for an open world game
    -Very rudimentary upgrade tree
    -Human bad guys are a pagan religious cult that worships the zombies, shut up dont think about it
    -pre order bonuses and fun pay minibuys with rumblings of a season pass
    -Clear camps of human enemy's and zombie nests across the map, no this isn't a ubisoft title why do you ask
    -Quicktime events for 'cinematic action'.
    and so on.

This game kind of fascinates me and its hard to put my finger on why exactly. Sony is pushing this like their next Horizon Zero Dawn or The Last of Us but it looks like a prettier State of Decay 2 or just a frankensteins monster of all the gaming fads of 2008-2011 combined to make something that seems like its travelled through time and while it looks technically sound and not a burning trash fire like anthem or something its got so little buzz it looks like the first chance at a none scandal based AAA flop in a while.

So does anyone actually care about this game? or is this just a lot of marketing for another game like last autumns Call of Cthulu that got tons of buzz and marketing but you probably forgot it existed before i mentioned it.
    "-Its an open world zombie game with survival crafting elements. In 2019"

If you're wondering about the lack of hype there's your reason

10+ Year Old Account
    I am in the "waiting for reviews" camp. I was sort of interested when it was first announced, but the more I read about it, the less excited I get. I just do not care about open world survival games. If it ends up a more guided game with a solid story and characters then I am in but otherwise I will probably pass on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    "-Its an open world zombie game with survival crafting elements. In 2019"

If you're wondering about the lack of hype there's your reason
    That's actually what I wanted it for, looked cool

Most of the open world survival crafting zombie games are Indie and not very good.

I don't have a lot of faith in Sony Bend, their worst first party studio and they have made a few clunkers in the past. So they will have to prove me wrong to get me to care about the game and try it.

I expect it to be a commercial success though, it's youtube metrics are off the charts for a game Sony is sort of treating like a red headed step child marketing wise.

Sam Witwer is a great after, so that’s the only reason I have any interest in it.

I would like a State of Decay-esque zombie game.

It's the only zombie game I really liked after Left 4 Dead.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

I will say that if by chance this game does turn out to be good, that will be 2 studios Sony turned from meh to good this gen. Guerrilla was just a Halo Clone factory with Killzone before Horizon and Bend's last game was a meh Uncharted game on the Vita that didn't deserve the IP.

Sony certainly has given then plenty of time with this, and it's also the game they chose themselves. Hopefully it works out for them.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    im gonna play it so yes I give a shit.

Does every game warrant a thread like this?

- - - Updated - - -

I guess this game is just one of the many motorbike/story centric rpgs that are flooding the market atm.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was somewhat interested like 48 years ago when they revealed the game, not so much anymore.

Not really. Not interested in zombies, horror, or survival/survival horror genres any more. They just look so boring to me these days.

5+ Year Old Account
    When the first line of trailers came out and that one game play video I was interested. Not any more though, havent had enough updates and just lost interest in it. I really havent seen much media for it though.

I'm not interested in playing a generic white male protagonist with a generic white male protagonisty name. IGN has the right of it.

Will be playing it on the 26th.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Warrior View Post
    I'm not interested in playing a generic white male protagonist with a generic white male protagonisty name. IGN has the right of it.
    So basically you're just a racist, since you don't know anything about the actual character at this point, since the game isn't out?

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

If you want to "win" in a zombie game, all you have to do is go somewhere where everything is frozen. Since zombies aren't living they cannot generate body heat, thus they become popsicles and you can kill them at your leisure - at least until spring arrives.

Or if you're someplace warm, go to your nearest desert, if they do make out to where you are, they'll be desiccated husks.

Otherwise I have between zero and no interest in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    If you want to "win" in a zombie game, all you have to do is go somewhere where everything is frozen. Since zombies aren't living they cannot generate body heat, thus they become popsicles and you can kill them at your leisure - at least until spring arrives.

Or if you're someplace warm, go to your nearest desert, if they do make out to where you are, they'll be desiccated husks.

Otherwise I have between zero and no interest in it.
    Places with high humidity like rain forests and swamp lands which would accelerate their decomposition and they just fall apart.

idk, game looks ok.

but i don't think i could play it, i hate the suspense of being chased like that.