Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    I find it very funny whenever you comment because im like sitting in que for almost a one hour for a group dungeon final fantasy 14 is not as played as you think it is if it was i would have gotten a pop window by a hour later i rather have WoW BFA at this point lol i gave it a try for my bro but nope sorry bro not gonna happen o-clock.
    Hyperbole much? I've NEVER had more then a 15/20 min queue for a 4 man dungeon and 20/25 for a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    I despised WoD's class design tbh. but that's a personal thing

MoP = Legion > Cata > BFA >WoD
    Lemme guess, DK main?

Edit: Nvm wrong expansion. DK’s were gutted in Legion.
    Last edited by Mightytasty; 2019-04-20 at 02:42 AM.

People like him just need a break from the game. But he can't, because it's his job. Other people can't because they are addicted or something idk why they can't take a break tbh. Yeah its made them overly cynical. Not that I'm not saying it's all completely unwarranted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    Lemme guess, DK main?

Edit: Nvm wrong expansion. DK’s were gutted in Legion.
    Shit, dks were gutted in CATA.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Preach, and other Youtube "personalities" get money from hits\clicks... it should be no surprise they create this sort of videos fill with criticism to attract views and discussion.

What surprises me is that people actually take it seriously, sigh.

Who cares what <insert random youtuber> thinks.
    He gives a voice to what a lot of players think and feel. He gets less views when the game is doing poorly. Why do people like you even come in these threads? You don’t care about YouTubers opinions yet you’re posting and inflating the page count of a thread about one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Shit, dks were gutted in CATA.
    True lol /10chars

Hyperbole much? I've NEVER had more then a 15/20 min queue for a 4 man dungeon and 20/25 for a raid.
    lolWUT? so its alot worse then i was thinking then god dam man lol!

lolWUT? so its alot worse then i was thinking then god dam man lol!
    I have 15 minute queues on average in wow, what are you on about?

I have 15 minute queues on average in wow, what are you on about?
    That i need to do it for the main story quest our i ain't advanceing in the game making playing it pointless now almost 2 hour people keep dodgeing never had this problem in WoW BFA thank god for WoW!

Long time players that I've known for many years, who lasted through WOD quitting.

Eso, GW2, FFXIV having an insane number of "wow refugee" threads started on ALL relevant media (reddit, official forums, etc)

Eso and FF having daily threads on the OFFICIAL WOW FORUMS about people leaving to them filled with people in agreement.

You'd have to be blind to not see it all, it won't kill wow, but BfA definitely killed wow for a lot of long time people.
    There are people who won't belive you unless you give them rock hard numbers. And that's something we'll never have because Blizzard doesn't want that kind of attention.

What they're failing to understand is the concept of being able to define something you can't directly see by it's effects on the surrounding environment. When viewership is down across all platforms, refugee threads are popping up everywhere, population and activity tracking sites are reporring decreasing numbers, and even super objective channels like Bellular are speculating on the questionable state of tje game....something is up.

But here's the thing: why does any of that actually matter?

On the one hand, detractors of WoW would like to use declining population to correlate with how bad the game is. In some senses, such as finding randos to play with in a smaller pool of people, it's relevant.....I guess if you care about playing with randos. It could also be used to measure participation or approval of any given patch or expansion.

But on the other hand, if a small number of whales are keeping profits up, Blizzard keeps releasing content, and you and your guild/friends are having fun....then why does it actually matter if other people are leaving the game?

It's a weird metric that gets wrongly used too much. I'll admit I used to be in the former camp. But the more I think about it, the less it actually matters for what I'd like to see out of the game. Sadly for me, what I want and what Blizzard wants are two VERY different things.

That i need to do it for the main story quest our i ain't advanceing in the game making playing it pointless now almost 2 hour people keep dodgeing never had this problem in WoW BFA thank god for WoW!
    Speak English next time?

If you're talking about the 2 8 man dungeons, yes those queues get lengthy in off hours.

I checked before you answered me the first time I started up some queues (left them though, was just for testing purposes)

WoW dungeon, 17 min
    WoW raid, 22 min

FFXIV dungeon (Expert Roulette) 11 minutes
    FFXIV Raid, instant pop
    FFXIV dungeon (leveling queue) 8 minutes

all as dps, population of game really doesn't matter though, your ratio's of people queuing are still going to be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    We probably do. But we're not going to, because that's not how these "online communities" work. What matters though, is being able to filter noise from signal. Same goes for watching youtubers and other "influencers" and the ideas and opinions they want us to adopt.
    I think a lot of the trouble comes from people not being able to differentiate between who's saying something, and what's being said.

That and people not even beginning to try to understand a different point of view than their own. I struggle with that all the time, but am willing to change my view if convinced. Just recently with Anthem I intially defended it, but later admitted how bad it really was. Then with The Division 2 I started out crapping all over it, but again had to change my stance once I saw that it was actually pretty good.

People really need to practice coming to their own conclusions. Listen to what youtubers have to say, but check it and decide for yourself if what they're saying fits your own viewpoint or not. Even if you completely disagree with someone, you can still use that to challenge your own beliefs. And if you never test your point of view, it's probably not very strong,or based on facts.

I think streamers, and the people who watch them, are brain dead morons that will never amount to anything in life.

How's that for cynical?

He made really good points and it isnt the first time we express his worries about cooldowns management.

He is right and I hope Blizzard checks his video and adjust the new system.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    When he's not getting banned for exploiting. He already trashed his reputation.
    Nah I think you just don’t like him. You speak like he has a history of exploiting. It was a victim-less leveling exploit that thousands of players took advantage of. There wasn’t even a rollback lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=767StGhEO-E

Preach recently made a video getting in-depth with the new Heartforge system. After watching it, it got me thinking. How can someone be so nitpicky and cynical about literally everything regarding the mechanics of the game? I try very hard to understand the intricacies of my characters, but I just can't match preach or other mythic raiders feelings on how classes play in BFA. I can't look this deeply into them or care this much. I do agree they're worse than legion, but they dont feel as terrible as the forums make them out to be. I love Preaches content, but his attitude recently regarding new content turns me off. It's a real shame. The community in general has gotten so cynical as well. You can't go 5 seconds without people ranting about the smallest thing.

What do you guys think of preach and the community in general recently? Has anyone else noticed a shift in attitude towards WoW? Do you miss Preaches more chilled out critiques and videos? Maybe all of this has to do with him losing ghost? Not having two opinions bouncing off eachother? I'm not sure. Does the negativity turn you off of the game?
    Yes 100%. You get more hits for being negative and complaining. The glass is always half full.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I think streamers, and the people who watch them, are brain dead morons that will never amount to anything in life.

How's that for cynical?
    Does this make you feel better about yourself? Does it hurt your ego that streamers have people voluntarily pay them for doing something they enjoy?

Nah I think you just don’t like him. You speak like he has a history of exploiting. It was a victim-less leveling exploit that thousands of players took advantage of. There wasn’t even a rollback lol
    EULA: Cheating: Create, use, offer, promote, advertise, make available and/or distribute the following or assist therein:

In simple words advertising an exploit gets you banned

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    EULA: Cheating: Create, use, offer, promote, advertise, make available and/or distribute the following or assist therein:

In simple words advertising an exploit gets you banned
    Ok? And?

/10char

Ok? And?

/10char
    He had it coming

"This is the worst expansion ever. If you dont agree with me you're stupid." this is the attitude that drives me away from the game.
    Might drive you away but it's not wrong.