Looking for buying advice

I placed an order on cyberpowerpc but I think I may have rushed it. I'm thinking of canceling the order and reissuing a new one I created.

NZXT Source 340 Elite
    i9-9900K
    H100i PRO RGB 240mm Liquid CPU Cooling System w/
    1TB Intel(R) 660P SERIES PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to
    1800/1800 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 150/220k
    16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory (ADATA XPG Z1)
    GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI ATX w/ Intel 802.11ac WiFi,
    ARGB, USB 3.1, 3 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe
    800 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Gold Certified Power Supply
    VIDEO: GeForce(R) RTX 2080 Ti 11GB GDDR6
    2400$

Only listing the differences in the orders

ASUS Z390 ROG Maximus XI HERO (Wi-Fi) Z390 ATX w/ ARGB, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, USB 3.1, 3 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe [+212]
    POWERSUPPLY: 850 Watts - Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 850W 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Po EVGA GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 11GB GDDR6

So the changes would bring the price to 3200.. Is it worth it?

10+ Year Old Account
    no.
    You'll be getting a worse MOBO (with maybe some different bells and whistles)
    A PSU that is equally overkill to what you had before. A 600W would be fine
    A GPU that won't be as loud, but you can solve that with aftermarket cooling anyway if you want for way less than 600 USD, and Nvidia actually keeps the best silicon for themselves, so you might even get less fps out of it.

edit: Just looked up the Maximus XI Hero: It's not worse, but it's an XOC board. Unless you plan on using liquid nitrogen, there's no point buying it. I stand by what I said for the others
    Last edited by Temp name; 2019-04-19 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    no.
    You'll be getting a worse MOBO (with maybe some different bells and whistles)
    A PSU that is equally overkill to what you had before. A 600W would be fine
    A GPU that won't be as loud, but you can solve that with aftermarket cooling anyway if you want for way less than 600 USD, and Nvidia actually keeps the best silicon for themselves, so you might even get less fps out of it.
    thanks for the responce

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    thanks for the responce
    Just edited my response slightly, in case you didn't catch it

I had no idea the NZXT 340 Elite case was even available still. I've looked everywhere.

The machine seems like overkill. If you can wait just 3 weeks we'll have Ryzen 3 which will be as good as the 9900k for a fraction of the price. If you're going to be blowing your bank to the toon of $2400 I'd probably go with a 360mm water cooler or at least a 280mm one for lower noise. I mean, it's not a HUGE deal. But for $2400 I would expect bells and whistles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    I had no idea the NZXT 340 Elite case was even available still. I've looked everywhere.

The machine seems like overkill. If you can wait just 3 weeks we'll have Ryzen 3 which will be as good as the 9900k for a fraction of the price. If you're going to be blowing your bank to the toon of $2400 I'd probably go with a 360mm water cooler or at least a 280mm one for lower noise. I mean, it's not a HUGE deal. But for $2400 I would expect bells and whistles.
    We literally don't know how good Ryzen 3000 will be. At all. We've seen a teaser and that's it. We also have LITERALLY ZERO idea on price. AMD's current offerings are about the same value as Intel in games, so claiming they'll be beating Intel's offerings on value in games this time around is disingenuous. We also don't know when they launch, people are just expecting it at Computex.

We literally don't know how good Ryzen 3000 will be. At all. We've seen a teaser and that's it. We also have LITERALLY ZERO idea on price. AMD's current offerings are about the same value as Intel in games, so claiming they'll be beating Intel's offerings on value in games this time around is disingenuous. We also don't know when they launch, people are just expecting it at Computex.
    Yea I've reached a point in my life where I want best bang for the buck. The cooling I can upgrade later on, right now my priorities are gpu cpu and mobo

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I've reached a point in my life where I want best bang for the buck. The cooling I can upgrade later on, right now my priorities are gpu cpu and mobo
    If you can wait until Computex, you might as well and get the official announcement. Worst case you'll be buying what you had planned on anyway, and since it's not on sale you won't really lose anything. Best case, AMD's new CPUs are better and you get better performance at the same/lower cost.

Also, if you want best bang for the buck, you're way over that. Get something like a 2600/x and 580/1660. Those offerings are killing it on value

If you can wait until Computex, you might as well and get the official announcement. Worst case you'll be buying what you had planned on anyway, and since it's not on sale you won't really lose anything. Best case, AMD's new CPUs are better and you get better performance at the same/lower cost.

Also, if you want best bang for the buck, you're way over that. Get something like a 2600/x and 580/1660. Those offerings are killing it on value
    So the real rush is I put up my old pc for sale online it had a 1080 on it and it sold a lot faster than I anticipated. So now I don't have a pc lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the real rush is I put up my old pc for sale online it had a 1080 on it and it sold a lot faster than I anticipated. So now I don't have a pc lol.
    Ah, yeah, in that case, just buy the cheaper of the ones you listed in the OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I second that. Buy the cheaper of the 2.
    The expensive one is way overkill and simply too expensive for what you get.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

15+ Year Old Account

So the changes would bring the price to 3200.. Is it worth it?
    Depends on what you do with your PC. 9900k is overkill for most individuals, a huge waste. I do not see how people recommend a pc build without knowing what the individual does with it.

hey,
    thanks all for your advices. i was also looking for the same.
    best regards!!

Quote Originally Posted by MARKRONSON View Post
    hey,
    thanks all for your advices. i was also looking for the same.
    best regards!!
    And now the lurker begins their new stage in life on the forum board.