Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If the in game story is this bad, the books they release are gonna be worse. Remember that Danuser and Alex oversee alot of the narrative stuff. BFA story = The last jedi.

Las Jedi at least subverted my expectation, can’t say that about BFA so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    The only appropriate resolution to this will be Tyrande and Jaina doing what Varian didn't have the balls to do during the Siege of Orgrammar. The horde must be dismantled completely. Every city burned. Every soldier killed. Every citizen imprisoned or exiled from Azeroth (send them all to Outland to rot there). This will be the storybook ending to WoW that we all want.
    No i want total horde victory with burning every alliance city and murdering manduin

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    teldrassil was insanity by the writers. idk what they were thinking but they went 10 steps too far past irreemable and now that they are going to try to redeem the horde anyway the entire story is going to fall apart at the seams

theres no redemption possible for the horde after the war of thorns. even if they overthrow sylvanas it means nothing because the last time they did that they were back at destroying cities again within 4 years. if you're alliance or really anyone else on azeroth you should never trust the horde again. and thats not a problem IF they werent going to just write the opposite of common sense and have the horde be good guys by just "stopping fighting eachother"

this story actually makes me sick. a lot of video games have shit stories but bfa's is honestly offensive in what they are trying to pull. it goes against human decency.
    Its fantasy human decency doesnt apply in a fantasy setting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    I would actually mean attacking non-hostile parties, attacking in times of peace, fucking over their allies because they can't be arsed to help out.

But everyone seems to only have a memory going back 2 patch updates.

edit:

forgot about the times they attacked other parties in retribution despite the target not actually directing anything at them, big one that seems to happen more often.

- - - Updated - - -

careful now, per canon, Sylvanas started this war. Those goblins in Silithus provoked the alliance by finding and digging into the Wound first. Oh and Sylvanas being attacked by teh 7th Legion was justified and in no way an instigating factor of teh current conflict in anyway shape or form...

oh and that whole mess with Anduin bringing Calia Menethil to Arathi... just more provocation on Sylvanas' part.

How are teh Alliance supposed to pre-emptively defend themselves properly if Sylvanas actually just sits there not attacking them!
    Except genn started it in stormheim
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorqin View Post
    Get over it, you're not getting any vengeance, you never were.
    As ever (as we most recently saw with war mode), nothing is a problem with the game until it affects the Horde. Good job continuing the idiocy.

Teldrassil was fridged for Horde development. This is a Horde story and the Alliance are there to support it. Alliance aren't going to get "vengeance" because it's already swept under the rug as the Horde story progresses.

Sure they threw in their "trials of the high king" scenario for Tyrande (where she still got punked by Nathanos), but we even have an entire patch coming up around Azshara and the Naga and it doesn't even have Tyrande in it anywhere.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Both sides have crossed the proverbial line multiple times and if this were real, there would be no turning back. One side would just have to wipe the other out, and that's that.

Blizz though, is afraid to tell quality story telling because there has to be winners/losers and good guys don't always win.

Imagine if they had Sylvanas win and execute Thrall, Saurfang, and Baine for treason and at the same time beat Anduin in a big 'war' combat where Anduin is raised as a member of the forsaken afterwards.

Yes, it would set sylvanas further up as an unstoppable Cercei Lannister type villain... but that's a HELL of a lot more interesting than green jesus saving baine (because... he wouldn't have just been executed on the spot? another blizz fail due to cowardly writing) and everyone goes to living back in peace until the next expac.. zzzzZZzzzz.

This is WARcraft is it not? Let's keep the WAR going and amp it up, if anything. That's the biggest failure of BFA to me is that an expac about war, the player has very little agency over it all.

Imagine if it was all about the eastern/western kingdoms and territory (including capital cities) could be won/lost/occupied for the expac. Give people a reason to care and they will, but having it play it through Saurfang/Baine/Jaina... is just badly handled, and very poorly written. It's like 12 year old fan fiction at this point, except fan fict is prolly better

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Las Jedi at least subverted my expectation,
    Same, I expected it to be good, well made and at least pay respect to the franchise. My expectations were definitely subverted.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Sure they threw in their "trials of the high king" scenario for Tyrande (where she still got punked by Nathanos), but we even have an entire patch coming up around Azshara and the Naga and it doesn't even have Tyrande in it anywhere.
    That Tyrande isn't there for a "we have to work together"-story points more towards the we actually get a vengeance Story. Having Tyrande there working together with the Horde would undermine the whole vengeance story.

itsw been over 6 months already, get over it

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    That Tyrande isn't there for a "we have to work together"-story points more towards the we actually get a vengeance Story. Having Tyrande there working together with the Horde would undermine the whole vengeance story.
    Well knowing Blizzards writing we'll probably all make peace and work together apart from Tyrande who's still pissed about it and won't let it go.

So she'll be the end boss of the expansion(probably corrupted) so Horde and Alliance can work together, with Sylvanas help, to put an end to Tyrande and her wicked vengeful warmongering ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Not to mention that in WoW, evil - especially evil looking to massacring the other side - don't win for obvious reasons, so it's rather infeasible for any faction to remain evil for long as long as Blizzard want to keep the 2 factions system around.
    When's the last time the Horde won anyway? Oh right, in Warcraft I. Unless you are counting stuff like Theramore as a victory, which just served as a "shit just got real" moment, accomplished nothing and we still hear about how unfathomably evil that was years later.

For all intents and purposes the Horde is the evil faction. They keep stirring shit up and get beaten up by the Alliance, the heroes of the story, in return.
    Last edited by OIS; 2019-04-20 at 12:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Well knowing Blizzards writing we'll probably all make peace and work together apart from Tyrande who's still pissed about it and won't let it go.

So she'll be the end boss of the expansion(probably corrupted) so Horde and Alliance can work together, with Sylvanas help, to put an end to Tyrande and her wicked vengeful warmongering ways.
    I don't think so, even Jaina talks about that night elfs will get their vengeance during the Azshara Ark.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post

Except genn started it in stormheim
    I would agree with this statement.

The writers and the story they're pushing however disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    The only appropriate resolution to this will be Tyrande and Jaina doing what Varian didn't have the balls to do during the Siege of Orgrammar. The horde must be dismantled completely. Every city burned. Every soldier killed. Every citizen imprisoned or exiled from Azeroth (send them all to Outland to rot there). This will be the storybook ending to WoW that we all want.
    Thank you for telling me what i want. I didnt realize i wanted the Alliance to commit more genocidal acts, but you've made it clear for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    When's the last time the Horde won anyway? Oh right, in Warcraft I. Unless you are counting stuff like Theramore as a victory, which just served as a "shit just got real" moment, accomplished nothing and we still hear about how unfathomably evil that was years later.

For all intents and purposes the Horde is the evil faction. They keep stirring shit up and get beaten up by the Alliance, the heroes of the story, in return.
    Pretty much. The two faction leaders were being peaceful (non-leaders not so much with the horde going around murdering civilian goblins in Silithus and all). It was an uneasy peace, but they were at least cooperating with each other.

Then the stupid horde had to go and let Calia be at the Gathering despite having the ability to undeniably know when something is a bad idea, reigniting the war.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Worry not.
    Yeeeaaaah sorry but no. I was told not to worry about BfA when it was revealed, that it was putting the WAR back in WARcraft and would be soooo much better than holding hands Legion-style. I was told that Teldrassil was obviously a twist, that Blizzard wouldn't just have Sylvanas torch it for the lulz (or presenting it as such outside of A Good War), that obviously this wouldn't be Mists Of Pandaria 2: Honorable Boogaloo, so on and so forth. And all these worries ended up being justified and then far more besides.

Trust has to be earned, and Blizzard has earned literally none of my trust when it comes to any and every plot thread connected to the faction war, great and small. Every character bar Shaw and Talanji is a total trainwreck, every military action bar the Battle of Dazar'alor is completely stupid (and even that isn't perfect), every story has at least one, and usually more, bullshit element to it. The actual likelihood of the story turning good all of a sudden is very, very low as I see it.

So no, I'm not going to not worry. I'm going to hope this farce ends as soon as possible because there is now literally no way Blizzard can salvage this joke of a war. N'zoth, please deliver us from this charade.
    Last edited by Jastall; 2019-04-20 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    "Making mother of all omelettes here, can't fret over every egg"
    That's true. but it can annoy you every time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    Looks like the Horde troll player base is out in full force this friday.

Infracted.
    MMo-champion has been horde leaning for a long time dude, this shouldn't be news to you and doesn't mean that you shouldn't say how you feel or alliance players aren't welcome or don't have a voice.

Just don't expect to be sympathised with or consoled if you are hurt over alliance race related stuff. Some horde supporters would try to let you feel your concerns aren't warranted or valid, because they don't care. however they post strings of topics about the things that upset them, so this shouldn't stop you. They care about horde things, and probably hate alliance, and any topics that support them, enhance them, or suggest better things for them - but you are not dictated by their likes and dislikes. You post what you observe, your thoughts, what you like, and don't let them deter you.

Check this topic out:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/poll.ph...do=showresults

it does indicate horde majority here doesn't it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    <SNIP>
    Again: Worry not. The chips will fall where they will.

Knowing the Faction War likely will not end in BFA is an interesting angle to me, personally. Kinda like Cataclysm to MoP.

Also, take a break from WoW. Sounds like you need to personally.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    The writers say that the Horde didn't learn its lesson even thought its their own fucking choice to write it that way.

They then go so far off the deep end with Teldrasil that no one would ever forgive or forget only to have the Alliance work with a cowardly Saurfang who's suicidal/regretful and therefore his entire plan of stomping the night elves all the way to Teldrassil is brushed over by everyone but one angry sentence from Shaw and the night elves.

The Horde goes from trying to kill Jaina to willingly work with her, Saurfang screams "We don't want any trouble" when he's caught sneaking in Orgrimmar with Jaina and Shaw. and the Horde defends Jaina from sunreavers.

The writing has never been worse, its best that you accept that regardless of side Blizzard at this point doesn't care about consistency, and I would REALLY like to know who the fuck they think they are pleasing with this story.

Teldrassil was Blizzard's attempt to be dark and Game of Thronsey, which turns into a laughing stock when they chicken out and try to blame it all on Sylvanas, even when originally they tried to tell us "The person who burned it isn't who you would expect." It's going to be brushed over because the writers are beyond terrible, if they have the Alliance acknowledge Teldrassil this ruins their "Narrative" they are trying to push.

"Alliance and Horde are meant to be friends."

If the Alliance demands and pursues revenge/justice, then the Writers have a meltdown, suddenly Horde can begin to justify Sylvanas's "They will try to break us" mantra, If Sylvanas gains justification then not everyone will want to listen to the Wisdom of Anduin. Of course Teldrassil isn't something that can be forgotten, and because the writers either regret taking it that far or simply can't handle writing about it they will try to forget it.

Of course this means the writers will try to blame everything on Sylvanas, the thought of having the Horde that were there during the war of thorns taking blame instead of a single character sends shivers down their spine.

It is easier (Even if it fails horribly) to try to make Saurfang the sad victim of trickery, a pathetic attempt at preserving the "Honor " of the Horde, thus creating a shitty narrative shield in which the Horde doesn't need to to be attacked by the Alliance in revenge because they are already suffering penance.

Expect a retcon saying "not that many night elves died" or Tyrande killing the night elves who want revenge in the name of peace, but you're never going to get satisfaction because the writers are afraid of the bed they made and set it on fire.

TLDR you'll get no Teldrassil acknowledgement or revenge because that would mean ripping apart the feeble duct-tape skeleton the writers have the audacity to say they are proud of this expansion.
    Wow. 100% agree with every word. Can I post you in my other topic.

I know we don't often agree, but this hits the nail on the head too.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Check this topic out:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/poll.ph...do=showresults

it does indicate horde majority here doesn't it.
    Pool to small to indicate anything.

not even 200 people bothered to vote. largest group of voters indicated playing both factions.

IMO I see the forum as rather mixed except for a few posters who discuss certain topics. You happen to be one of those posters so you might get flak more so due to your Night Elf threads.

Much of the pro-horde stuff gets inflated because of a select number of posters that I've seen. I'd say the only constant thing is a dislike towards the current story progression mainly

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Wow. 100% agree with every word. Can I post you in my other topic.

I know we don't often agree, but this hits the nail on the head too.
    Yea it’s juat a shame that the biggest lore debate isn’t even about lore, just how ducking terrible the writers are.

I used to like discussing the story, now I try to ignore it just so my head doesn’t hurt reading it.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2019-04-20 at 02:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol