Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Go on then..... Do it better

So 8.2 is on the horizon , it's being tested on the PTR, every content creator has thrown out as many videos as possible about the heart of azeroth, essences, mechagon in order to get their views, subs and more. The positive videos are done and now they spin it on its head to bring the negativity and gain more views and subs.
    I'm no huge fan of absolutely everything in this xpac or even any xpac for that matter, But people will complain about anything blizzard do now i feel.
    I would love to see them do better. So instead of picking at whats wrong with the current stuff. Tell us their foolproof ideas that come with no downsides, are perfect in every way and no one would dislike.
    Maybe an idea right here could make it into 9.0?

Preach's video of Mechagon is pretty positive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJmncgZMsU8

I didnt see the first one. BUT this one is pretty positive

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    So you have to 100% agree and support every idea - or you're suggesting you could do it better? I'm not a game dev, I don't have qualifications in it, it's not my job. It's Blizzard's job to do better.
    Stop.
    White-knighting.
    Billion Dollar Companies.
    I'm not white knighting, as i said there's plenty i don't like in all xpacs, these new ideas come with flaws also. The point of the thread to get good ideas, better ideas. I'm not hiring so i don't need you qualifications :-)

Maybe you're just watching the wrong youtubers, the content I've seen has been mostly positive

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Preach's video of Mechagon is pretty positive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJmncgZMsU8

I didnt see the first one. BUT this one is pretty positive
    Massive Fan of Preach, Knows what he's talking about, guarantee he would have made the latest blizzard gathering a better place with his opinions

I'm not such a fan of BfA but I do have faith that Blizzard can deliver with patch 8.2 to remedy a lot of what's wrong with the expansion. I haven't read the PTR notes thoroughly, but from what I have read it seems there is a tonne of content and it sounds fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Maybe you're just watching the wrong youtubers, the content I've seen has been mostly positive
    I watch a fair few.
    think one of the best are Taliesen & Evitel Always bring a positive twist, & make it constructive too

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    8.2 is an incredible content update, but it doesn't adress the core issue properly. Probably because Blizzard has painted themselves into a corner, and now have competing playerbases (see sig).

Of course, that's just from the lack of actually talking about that issue, there may be some major balance changes coming in Nazjatar/Mechagon that Blizzard simply isn't talking about out of fear from a bandwagon forum riot.

I am of course talking about the lack of power progression that matters versus the content people are doing.
    You can throw endless amounts of new zones, dungeons, PvE challenges and world content at me... but if I am overpowered in relation to that content from day 1 of patch release, it doesn't matter and I won't care much for it. I don't care about the new Heart of Azeroth progression system, simply because I know it'll once again only matter in high end premade content, content I do not enjoy or want to do. It will only make me more grossly overpowered in relation to world content, professions, PvE "challenges" like soloing "group" WQs, regular dungeons and so on. It's so damn tiring to see the overall game design of WoW catering to self-entitled brats without any patience.

Blizzard is designing every content release to be self-contained, and anyone who revisits the game gets catapulted to the very endgame in a couple of days. Good for mythic raiders, and those who just plays a couple of times per week. Everyone inbetween, non-raiders (maybe PUG now and then) who still want to dig into the game, arguably a very large portion of the playerbase (or at least used to be), just gets drowned in loot they don't "need". They are essentially "done" with all level 120 content in a week or less.

Hell, in 8.0 I stopped caring about getting better gear after about two afternoons. By then I had already zerged through all dungeons, seen all zones, geared up as much as I could without waiting for weekly reset, thrown extra loot tokens and got some high end loot I did nothing to earn, and had done IEs etc. Just an endless stream of impossible-to-lose content for items that far, far outpaces the difficulty of that content.

There's no single idea that'll right this sinking ship, but a major design paradigm shift towards making content, even "base level" content, world content etc, actually punish the player for playing badly. Make mobs deal some proper damage and be able to take some proper hits before going down. Make "group WQs" actually require a group even for solo-proficient specs/roles like BM hunters, Demo locks or tanks. Stop designing (heroic) dungeons like 15 minute AoE fests, or the biggest waste of BFA, making Warfronts win-by-default, stop placing all difficulty in the very top end of the game (heroic raids, high M+) and make people actually have to focus to gain something.
    There's such a MASSIVE difference in how you perceive content and how much enjoyment you gain out of it, if you stop being guaranteed to win. MMORPGs shouldn't be designed as if the only way to fail is to run top-end group content.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2019-04-20 at 10:38 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

"I would love to see them do better. So instead of picking at whats wrong with the current stuff. Tell us their foolproof ideas that come with no downsides, are perfect in every way and no one would dislike."

You're clearly baiting dude. It's Blizzard's responsibility to make the game good, it has been before. No one else's.
    It is Blizzards responsibility i agree. It's no ones else's i agree. does that mean that no one is allowed to talk or think of alternatives?
    Can we not use the forum to get other peoples ideas, it could be fun. It could lead to an enjoyable discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    So if a tech reviewer said they didn't like a phone your response would be to tell them why don't they make a better phone?
    No i'd take their review on board and not purchase the phone, but this is Wow is my hobby and i'm passionate about it, and i love talking about it, thought it would be great for all of us, players, content creators to put in some solid ideas, fun ideas and play about

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post

There's no single idea that'll right this sinking ship, but a major design paradigm shift towards making content, even "base level" content, world content etc, actually punish the player for playing badly. Make mobs deal some proper damage and be able to take some proper hits before going down. Make "group WQs" actually require a group even for solo-proficient specs/roles like BM hunters, Demo locks or tanks. Stop designing (heroic) dungeons like 15 minute AoE fests, or the biggest waste of BFA, making Warfronts win-by-default, stop placing all difficulty in the very top end of the game (heroic raids, high M+) and make people actually have to focus to gain something.
    There's such a MASSIVE difference in how you perceive content and how much enjoyment you gain out of it, if you stop being guaranteed to win. MMORPGs shouldn't be designed as if the only way to fail is to run top-end group content.
    Great reply, i agree with so much of this, the end part of especially.
    I missed the careful calculating pulling, CCing of dungeons of old.
    The mobs you have avoid or group for to kill. fea that comes with going off the path and exploring.

Quote Originally Posted by Licketysplit77 View Post
    Massive Fan of Preach, Knows what he's talking about, guarantee he would have made the latest blizzard gathering a better place with his opinions
    Well , I don’t know. People who break The TOS and advertise other to do the same. Well no . Bann them forever pls

And thats just it, his opinions, sure alot of people dont like alot of stuff in Wow, and just becouse alot of he´s followers likes he´s opinion no one knows what would happen, he´s great fixes could end up driving alot of people back to Wow and alot more away from Wow, and thats the biggest problem with games, you cant make everyone happy and every change that someone likes there is a big chance someone else dislikes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    So if a tech reviewer said they didn't like a phone your response would be to tell them why don't they make a better phone?
    Yeah thats pretty much how constructive criticism works, if you can point out the flaws then you should point out how to fix them also.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    And thats just it, his opinions, sure alot of people dont like alot of stuff in Wow, and just becouse alot of he´s followers likes he´s opinion no one knows what would happen, he´s great fixes could end up driving alot of people back to Wow and alot more away from Wow, and thats the biggest problem with games, you cant make everyone happy and every change that someone likes there is a big chance someone else dislikes.
    This exactly, you can't make everyone happy.
    Suppose just make as much content with variation so most people have at least something they enjoy

Make positive videos then. Who are you to tell them what they should show in their videos?

Hard to make any positive videos when there is nothing positive left in the game, 8.2 just piles up on the old shit, none of the real issues are being addressed at all.

okay , i'll do it better :

Artefact weapons , legendaries and tier set

allll done boy

10+ Year Old Account
    If your intention is not to spark controversy, I suggest you edit the OP, because even if your intentions are good, you kinda come across as taunting everyone that disagrees with Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm no huge fan of absolutely everything in this xpac or even any xpac for that matter, But people will complain about anything blizzard do now i feel.
    What do you mean by "now"? It was always like this
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Make positive videos then. Who are you to tell them what they should show in their videos?
    Thats exactly what you dont want to do. Doy you know why classic have such possitive perception? Becouse it is made for targeted audience with no cuttering all over the place to try please everyone. It is Blizzard fault the have put themself into this position where they butchered game for masses and now you can do w/e there will awalys be audience what doesnt like something. You need target audience.

So you have to 100% agree and support every idea - or you're suggesting you could do it better? I'm not a game dev, I don't have qualifications in it, it's not my job. It's Blizzard's job to do better.
    Stop.
    White-knighting.
    Billion Dollar Companies.
    Well, your reply suggest you are the exact the opposite. BFA is not perfect. I do not agree with everything in the xpac and I doubt anyone is. They are saying the expansion is not terrible or a failure.

But some people seems to think BfA is a total flop. They can. It is their opinion but some are pushing onto everyone and wants them to agree.

Just as you claim there are white-knighting, the same could be say there are others on the opposite which are haters criticizing everything they do, big or small.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Thats exactly what you dont want to do. Doy you know why classic have such possitive perception? Becouse it is made for targeted audience with no cuttering all over the place to try please everyone. It is Blizzard fault the have put themself into this position where they butchered game for masses and now you can do w/e there will awalys be audience what doesnt like something. You need target audience.
    classic has a positive perception because it's 15+ years old and people remember it as their first fuck, not because it was an amazing game made for a targeted audience. The main criticism of the time was that it was ultra-casual with an eye to undermining the entire hardcore community of gaming.