Poll: Who will be the New warchief?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Yes, I hope that Thrall will hear Sylvanas' version of events and then he will understand that her methods are required to win this war. I know that he doesn't like "ends justify the means" but he is wise enough to see that Horde is in bad situation.

As much as Thrall hates genocide, I can't see him agree that Jaina's life and Derek's free will are more important than lifes of Horde soldiers.
    I agree that Horde is in bad situation. But it's not Sylvanas who put Horde into bad situation, tratiors like Baine and Saurfang did it.

Yes, I hope that Thrall will hear Sylvanas' version of events and then he will understand that her methods are required to win this war. I know that he doesn't like "ends justify the means" but he is wise enough to see that Horde is in bad situation.

As much as Thrall hates genocide, I can't see him agree that Jaina's life and Derek's free will are more important than lifes of Horde soldiers.
    Isn’t the horde in a bad situation because of Sylvanas? She alone is causing a massive rift in her own faction

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mythic Merry View Post
    I agree that Horde is in bad situation. But it's not Sylvanas who put Horde into bad situation, tratiors like Baine and Saurfang did it.

How? Blaine and Saurfang are reacting to Sylvanas dishonorable methods

Doesn't really matter. Considering what blizzard thinks of the warchief position, whoever they pick will be:

A: A "good guy" warchief (Baine, Thrall, Lor'themar) that will get killed pointlessly by a trash mob on the next expansion to replace him with a "bad guy" warchief.

or

B: They'll skip all pretensions, and just go right ahead for the Bad Guy Warchief from the get-go (Gallywix, Gera'yah, literally ANY FORSAKEN) to set up the next Garrosh 3.0: Electric Boogaloo the third, The Punchening.

Either way, I'm not getting fooled again. I'm refusing to be attached to whatever idiot they pick for the position until they've lived for at least the next six expansions. Until that happens, in my eyes, whoever is the warchief of the horde, has about as many odds to live as a red shirt does in Star Trek.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

I'm bored with this honor sh*t. People still can't understand that honor died with Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    It's more because of the little things like him being unhappy about the Gathering, shooting her side-eye at Lordaeron and Teldrassil and saying he'll hold the line "For the Horde" at Darkshore.
    I don't know, for me this never went past the headcanon stage because it never received any actual support in word or action.

I would prefer rest of the Horde to wake up and fight with Alliance.
    If Sylvanas would stop being an asshole for the sake of being one, yeah.
    It's not like she has some sort of history of getting bitten in the ass by the same people she tried to enslave.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I don't know, for me this never went past the headcanon stage because it never received any actual support in word or action.
    He's a character with a huge amount of screen time, filling the Wyrmbane role and the Genn one. He's also constantly there in world quests and so on. It's simply a bizarre choice to put such an extreme amount of focus on someone solely to build them up as fodder.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

7+ Year Old Account

"the ends justify the means", "blah blah isnt evil! War has no rules!" may apply to people affected by the war, but not the one who is responsible for it in the first place.

This war is unnecessary and stupid, not fueled by anyone except Sylvanas' own paranoia and stupidity, if it's gonna be up to thrall he is NOT gonna let Sylvanas keep the warchief title if he has any sanity left in him.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2019-04-20 at 12:04 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    He's a character with a huge amount of screen time, filling the Wyrmbane role and the Genn one. He's also constantly there in world quests and so on. It's simply a bizarre choice to put such an extreme amount of focus on someone solely to build them up as fodder.
    Absolutely true, but still, neither in word or action he ever questioned Sylvanas in any form.

What if we had no warchief but instead a council

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Absolutely true, but still, neither in word or action he ever questioned Sylvanas in any form.
    Nope, but then neither have the vast majority of the Horde, something the story now acknowledges. Any hints of an interest in the Horde's well-being separate from Sylvanas is at least an implication. But you are right that a lot of this is wishful thinking and conjecture on my part. I'll freely admit I'm looking for any hook that they're not going to be inflicting Calia on us.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

either thrall is coming back or lor themar, both baine and saurfang suck, baine is spineless, surfang is too old and blinded by honor to much (before people start calling me a sylvannas fanboi, i am not, i hate her aswell)
    Last edited by valky94; 2019-04-20 at 12:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still skeptical about all this.

Thrall being back now doesn't guarantee him becoming leader again, just like how we thought he'd take leadership back from garrosh. Him no longer being a shaman should be a big deal and a story about how this has effected him, but we're not seeing any of that, no book, no quest chain, or even short story, he's just here, almost just in a symbolic meaning if nothing else.

Baine being warchief just doesn't sit as well for him because he's got a good heart, wants the right things, but just doesn't strike me as the kind of character to make harder decisions, something even thrall had to do when leading the horde.

Saurfang has all the right stuff, the sense of honor, experience in war and tactics, the diplomacy, all stuff that a good leader needs. But his age and fact that he carries his need to die in honorable combat is always there, suggesting his leadership wouldn't be long lived.

Lor'themars showing he cares about the horde surviving, not just for his people anymore. He's got all the traits saurfang has, but he just still feels undeveloped enough for it to be a serious thing him becoming warchief. Maybe if they built him up for a couple of years in why he could be, I could see it happen.

Really, at this stage this things up in the air and with so many issues I don't see any forgone conclusion yet.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    Honor means nothing to a corpse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    "the ends justify the means", "blah blah isnt evil! War has no rules!" may apply to people affected by the war, but not the one who is responsible for it in the first place.

This war is unnecessary and stupid, not fueled by anyone except Sylvanas' own paranoia and stupidity, if it's gonna be up to thrall he is NOT gonna let Sylvanas keep the warchief title if he has any sanity left in him.
    Genn would like a word.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by InTheEnd View Post
    If it is Thrall, then from Cataclysm through to BfA the Warchief role has been a meaningless one. It wouldn't make sense for Thrall to become Warchief again as he is not very popular with the orcs, and even his supporters would look unfavorably at his past decisions while Warchief.
    Your internal bias and idiotic opinions are showing through.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mythic Merry View Post
    That's right! We should have stuck with Garrosh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I'm still skeptical about all this.

Thrall being back now doesn't guarantee him becoming leader again, just like how we thought he'd take leadership back from garrosh. Him no longer being a shaman should be a big deal and a story about how this has effected him, but we're not seeing any of that, no book, no quest chain, or even short story, he's just here, almost just in a symbolic meaning if nothing else.

Baine being warchief just doesn't sit as well for him because he's got a good heart, wants the right things, but just doesn't strike me as the kind of character to make harder decisions, something even thrall had to do when leading the horde.

Saurfang has all the right stuff, the sense of honor, experience in war and tactics, the diplomacy, all stuff that a good leader needs. But his age and fact that he carries his need to die in honorable combat is always there, suggesting his leadership wouldn't be long lived.

Lor'themars showing he cares about the horde surviving, not just for his people anymore. He's got all the traits saurfang has, but he just still feels undeveloped enough for it to be a serious thing him becoming warchief. Maybe if they built him up for a couple of years in why he could be, I could see it happen.

Really, at this stage this things up in the air and with so many issues I don't see any forgone conclusion yet.
    Thrall was the given choice three expansions ago (even more so now that Metzen all but hinted at it during last year's BlizzCon).

Watch this and tell me that Blizz is not eagerly salivating at the mouth for Thrall to be warchief again. Just read any 5 of the comments on the video. Make sure you have your barf bag ready though.

Quote Originally Posted by legendaryusername View Post
    Councils are easier to bribe and corrupt. They usually do not care as much about their subjects as single leader. They treat their country as shared property which isn't really theirs so they can easily betray it to get their own wealth from third party. Monarchs at the other hand take care of their property, because it's theirs.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Genn would like a word.
    No, Genn would not like a word.
    Sylvanas never used his miserable ambush as a reason for the war and it'd be idiotic if she did.

Sylvanas started the war because she is a paranoid maniac, her reasoning is idiotic especially with anduin actively trying to bring peace at the time.
    No matter how much you are trying to twist it, Sylvanas is the one responsible for this mess and none of her actions are justified in any way shape or form.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2019-04-20 at 01:17 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    No, Genn would not like a word.
    Sylvanas never used his miserable ambush as a reason for the war and it'd be idiotic if she did.

Sylvanas started the war because she is a paranoid maniac, her reasoning is idiotic especially with anduin actively trying to bring peace at the time.
    No matter how much you are trying to twist it, Sylvanas is the one responsible for this mess and none of her actions are justified in any way shape or form.
    No genn started the war in stormheim its the reason for it all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

7+ Year Old Account
    people voting on the elf LUL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by legendaryusername View Post
    also change the name to united states of kalindor, and no horde anymore

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Basic Campfire for honor, for the Horde!
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.