Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Unhappy Blizzard payed ZERO taxes and actually received money from the government INSTEAD

https://itep.org/notadime/

I'm honestly so sick in my stomach at how disgusting Blizzard has become. Making shit expansions, sacking thousands of employees, refusing to listen to feedback, and now avoiding all taxes.

They are #2(feel better kiddies?) in tax avoidance out of all companies in the world. I really have no respect for them anymore this expansion. They are literally worse than EA now. Go ahead and ban me and close the thread shills like every other thread made these days that talks badly of Blizzard. The moderators here make me sick also.
    Last edited by KronoFett; 2019-04-20 at 03:10 PM.

How simple minded you must be to think this is Blizzards doing instead of the people up top at Activision.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    How simple minded you must be to think this is Blizzards doing instead of the people up top at Activision.
    How simple minded you must be to think Blizzard is responsible for NONE of the problems of the company. You shills are so amazing, you will find anything to think Blizzard did nothing wrong. It's ALWAYS Activision right??? lmao The Blizzard you love is gone, it's not there anymore. All the original founders of Blizzard entertainment have left already.

"story is shit" it's activision!!!
    "Azerite is shit" it's activision!!!
    "time gating" it's activision!!!
    "store mounts!" it's activison!!!

L M A O
    Last edited by KronoFett; 2019-04-20 at 01:34 PM.

Ending any statement with "lmao" just proves my point. You're going to have to try harder. Calling you for what you are hardly makes me a shill, I have about 2 hours logged into WoW in the last 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoFett View Post
    How simple minded you must be to think Blizzard is responsible for NONE of the problems of the company. You shills are so amazing, you will find anything to think Blizzard did nothing wrong. It's ALWAYS Activision right??? lmao
    Much as I hate Blizzard these days @Dakhath is right.

Activision higher ups will handle most of that within the holdings company. Not Blizzard. I'd guess not even J Allen Brack has any involvement with that sort of thing and he's the highest you go within Blizzard right now.

While I don't think it's that big of a deal, I do find it interesting how with so many people they put all of the blame on Activision and none of it on Blizzard when it comes to financial things. Blizzard didn't just start trying to make money because of Activision.

I'm honestly so sick in my stomach at how disgusting Blizzard has become. Making shit expansions, sacking thousands of employees, refusing to listen to feedback, and now avoiding all taxes.

They are #1 in tax avoidance out of all companies in the world. I really have no respect for them anymore this expansion. They are literally worse than EA now. Go ahead and ban me and close the thread shills like every other thread made these days that talks badly of Blizzard. The moderators here make me sick also.
    I mean, it's legal so of course they'll do it. It's only really 'avoidance' when illegal means are employed.

Blaming companies and not the government is ridiculous.

How simple minded you must be to think Blizzard is responsible for NONE of the problems of the company. You shills are so amazing, you will find anything to think Blizzard did nothing wrong. It's ALWAYS Activision right??? lmao The Blizzard you love is gone, it's not there anymore. All the original founders of Blizzard entertainment have left already.

L M A O
    Then what are you doing here if you hate it so much?

The other poster is right. The people who make the games have absolutely nothing to do with those who chose to do this.

Unless you think they also handle the finances of the company for some reason.

They are #1 in tax avoidance out of all companies in the world. I really have no respect for them anymore this expansion. They are literally worse than EA now. Go ahead and ban me and close the thread shills like every other thread made these days that talks badly of Blizzard. The moderators here make me sick also.
    Not only are you wrong in thinking Blizzard is at fault here, but your main point is wrong as well. Just a quick scan shows at least two other companies that had a lower effective tax rate. Try harder next time.

5+ Year Old Account
    Wow, this is a new low for ATVI - although they are far from being the only billion dollars company that engages in such @#$&ty behaviour. Everyone is doing it, with Google and Microsoft at the forefront - and governments all around the world let them go away with it - but having free education or healthcare for everyone means being entitled

That being said, I think that this thread goes in the general videogames forum imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

L M A O
    Literally only one of those 4 things is Activision actually.

MTX. They told Blizzard to focus on profits and cost savings and the quick pacing of MTX with BFA is probably part of that.

Other 3 are absolutely on Blizzard.

You people are so blinded it is amazing. You are literally okay with a multi-billion dollar company spending less on taxes than yourself at work every year. It's not ethical, none of the money they are making is going back into the country. Instead, the country is giving them money simply because they use tax havens. I mostly made this post to see people shill exactly like you always do. I can't believe the posters, there is a reason the internet makes fun of mmo-champions forums.

10+ Year Old Account

And yet you continue to open your wallet and give them your money... or, you stalk them like some jilted lover...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

You people are so blinded it is amazing. You are literally okay with a multi-billion dollar company spending less on taxes than yourself at work every year. It's not ethical, none of the money they are making is going back into the country. Instead, the country is giving them money simply because they use tax havens. I mostly made this post to see people shill exactly like you always do. I can't believe the posters, there is a reason the internet makes fun of mmo-champions forums.
    I don't think anyone said that at all.

This is genuinely not a sole Blizzard thing and I'd be pretty sure that their involvement is minimal. It's listed as the holdings company which means the majority of the work is on Activisions end.

There are plenty of things to dump on Blizzard for. This is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    Not only are you wrong in thinking Blizzard is at fault here, but your main point is wrong as well. Just a quick scan shows at least two other companies that had a lower effective tax rate. Try harder next time.
    read again...there is only one company and they only make 7 million a year...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I don't think anyone said that at all.

This is genuinely not a sole Blizzard thing and I'd be pretty sure that their involvement is minimal. It's listed as the holdings company which means the majority of the work is on Activisions end.

There are plenty of things to dump on Blizzard for. This is not one of them.
    ya ya i heard it before. It's never Blizzards fault. Blah blah blah, they are responsible for no problems, blah blah blah. Everyone point fingers at the boogie man!

I don't know anything about this, but all I see when I click that is Amazon, who makes like 10x more money than ActBlizz, did it too.
    So its really something to be bragging about, not condemning, unless you also hate all big business, which I could understand.

I don't know why anyone cares though.
    Its not like they stole from some charity or something.
    The government is the most irresponsible use of money conceivable.
    The fact that 50 percent of the company's US earnings were supposed to go to the government is ridiculous.

I don't know anything about this, as I said, but if that is actually something the government expects to get then this country is a joke.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

read again...there is only one company and they only make 7 million a year...

- - - Updated - - -

ya ya i heard it before. It's never Blizzards fault. Blah blah blah, they are responsible for no problems, blah blah blah. Everyone point fingers at the boogie man!
    Because in this case it's genuinely not lol.

Activision own them. The holdings company is listed as Activision-Blizzard.

Activision higher ups will manage things like this.

Again nobody is saying Blizzard don't do anything wrong. Because they have done quite a lot. Just this is not one of those situations.

I mean... if I could pay no taxes and collect support.. I would.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    We have that over here in the UK sadly.

People literally cheating the benefits system sometimes and paying sod all in taxes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    OP would as well.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.