Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's what you get from multi-national corps. these days and part of the reason to the global rise in nationalism. Until international tax agreements are in place better shop local.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoFett View Post
    https://itep.org/notadime/

I'm honestly so sick in my stomach at how disgusting Blizzard has become. Making shit expansions, sacking thousands of employees, refusing to listen to feedback, and now avoiding all taxes.

They are #1 in tax avoidance out of all companies in the world. I really have no respect for them anymore this expansion. They are literally worse than EA now. Go ahead and ban me and close the thread shills like every other thread made these days that talks badly of Blizzard. The moderators here make me sick also.
    As someone who owns a company, I don't blame them in the slightest.

If I can find a way to avoid taxes LEGALLY I'm gonna do it. Welcome to the real world.

I'll be the first to tell Blizzard their class designs are bad, the story is all over the place, the art/music is gorgeous, and their content patches are luckluster.

You clearly have some problems to sort out. Go outside and get some fresh air and relax. The world doesn't revolve around EA and Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is more of a failing of the US government. If you could avoid paying taxes legally, would you? My guess is that most people would. That's essentially what all these companies are doing. What's disgusting is that this is legally allowed, when people with a mere fraction have to pay the full amount of taxes every year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

Examples

1. I mean... if I could pay no taxes and collect support.. I would.
    2. Why talk about something you hate
    3. I mean, it's legal so of course they'll do it
    4. It's not Blizzard it's Activision
    5. you have mental problems XD you loser!
    6. It's the government's fault!
    7. Why are you so angry GRRRR, you have issues

Keep them coming kiddies
    Last edited by KronoFett; 2019-04-20 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    OP would as well.
    anyone would . people are just hipocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    You have a point somewhere in there. Kind of. Just your rage and focussing on one company (and the way you do it) makes you look ridiculous.
    The only thing that could make you more ridiculous would be if you also attacked the mods here.

Oh...you did.

You linked a list with 60 companies, but direct all your "ethical wrongdoing" and whatnot at just one, to call people Blizzard apologists.

Tax loopholes? Thank your government for it and remember to next time maybe vote for another party? As shitty as it is and you can be all up on your moral high ground: It is legal. So companies do it. As would you.

Only thing surprised me is, that Amazon is not topping the list
    I attack the mods for good reason. This thread will be deleted, I will be viewed as a "troll" , and the shills will pour in. This forum views trolls as anyone with an opinion against Blizzard.

Happens every time...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

Examples

1. I mean... if I could pay no taxes and collect support.. I would.
    2. Why talk about something you hate
    3. I mean, it's legal so of course they'll do it
    4. It's not Blizzard it's Activision
    5. you have mental problems XD you loser!
    6. It's the government's fault!
    7. Why are you so angry GRRRR, you have issues

Keep them coming kiddies
    There is no strawman.

Your initial argument was just wrong.

There's a reason Activision is the one who puts out the quarterly reports, not Blizzard.
    https://investor.activision.com/fina...rterly-results

They're the ones that handle the finances.

15+ Year Old Account
    And in this thread we have an OP unable to discuss without insulting people while everyone else makes reasonable arguments against his point.

Why are you even here if you hate Blizzard so much? Seems to me you made the topic just to get angry, doesn’t seem healthy to me.

If you had a company or a lot of money yourself, you're telling me you wouldn't try to pay as little taxes as possible? I sincerely doubt it. The governments are primarily to blame here, for making things like this possible. We all know money corrupts and almost no one takes the moral high ground when it involves capital. Look at the 1%... how do you think they got, and keep, that money?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    And in this thread we have an OP unable to discuss without insulting people while everyone else makes reasonable arguments against his point.

Why are you even here if you hate Blizzard so much? Seems to me you made the topic just to get angry, doesn’t seem healthy to me.
    Yes reasonable arguments. The first post is saying I have a small brain, a few posts down say I have mental problems. I "had" post calling me an idiot but was edited. I ahve people strawmanning calling me I am a hypocrite and will not pay tax either.

Yes the denial is just as strong as the shilling for Blizzard.

Blame the tax laws, not the corporations. I would bet they pay way more in every other type of tax other than Federal Income Tax than you do. Being in CA, I stagger to think of the local and state taxes they must dish out.
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

So a multi-billion dollar company acting like a multi-billion dollar company?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    anyone would . people are just hipocrites.
    Well, there is that.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Genkisei View Post
    I want to know if they paid State taxes. They've taken hundreds of dollars from me in State taxes, does my State see it?
    No their company is based in Holland. It is why when you read they receive money from the government instead of paying. The tax you are paying does not pay for taxes. It is a lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes reasonable arguments. The first post is saying I have a small brain, a few posts down say I have mental problems. I "had" post calling me an idiot but was edited. I ahve people strawmanning calling me I am a hypocrite and will not pay tax either.

Yes the denial is just as strong as the shilling for Blizzard.
    What do you think we, the folks of MMOC, should do about this dastardly situation that you've exposed? What are YOU going to do about it, beyond continuing to open your wallet and give them your money?

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

What do you think we, the folks of MMOC, should do about this dastardly situation that you've exposed? What are YOU going to do about it, beyond continuing to open your wallet and give them your money?
    oh wow another strawman fallacy. This time assuming the target pays Blizzard money. You are are not the brightest group lol.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfil34ayaEU

Here people. I recommend you all to watch the video. It's honestly embarrassing that most of you only use strawman fallacy to communicate here.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh wow another strawman fallacy. This time assuming the target pays Blizzard money. You are are not the brightest group lol.
    What exactly is your solution to this horrible injustice you've exposed? What are YOU going to do about it?

- - - Updated - - -

They are #1 in tax avoidance out of all companies in the world.
    Number one you say? Based on what metric?

What exactly is your solution to this horrible injustice you've exposed? What are YOU going to do about it?

I am honestly amazed that you still don't see yourself AGAIN making another strawman. This time assuming said target made a thread looking for solutions to the problem. When the thread was only about addressing it. Are you really this dim???

10+ Year Old Account

I am honestly amazed that you still don't see yourself AGAIN making another strawman. This time assuming said target made a thread looking for solutions to the problem. When the thread was only about addressing it. Are you really this dim???
    So let me see if I understand you correctly... You misrepresent the facts to expose some 'problem', then you attack anyone that doesn't agree with you. So I'll ask... Why does lying help your case?

I'm honestly so sick in my stomach at how disgusting Blizzard has become. Making shit expansions, sacking thousands of employees, refusing to listen to feedback, and now avoiding all taxes.

They are #1 in tax avoidance out of all companies in the world. I really have no respect for them anymore this expansion. They are literally worse than EA now. Go ahead and ban me and close the thread shills like every other thread made these days that talks badly of Blizzard. The moderators here make me sick also.
    Yea, i'm pretty sure it's Ion Hazzikostas doing their taxes. Evil corporation and all that.

Sure buddy, whatever you say.