Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Upcoming World Content Item Level Increase, Employee WoW Classic Alpha Testing

Upcoming Item Level Increase
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Raid Finder (and Mythic) difficulty for Crucible of Storms will open next week, April 23. Similar to Battle of Dazar’alor, you will need an average item level of 350 to queue for it. To help ensure players get raid ready, we are increasing the maximum item level for certain World Quests rewards. This will include the following:

• World Quest rewards will go up to ilvl 370 (from 360)
    • Emissary equipment will go up to ilvl 395 (from 385)
    • Emissary Azerite Armor will go up to ilvl 400 (from 385)
    • Against Overwhelming Odds (when available) will go up to ilvl 395 (from 385)

Once the update is live it will affect active rewards like the Emissaries, so you may want to plan for when you will turn those in.

Employee Alpha Testing for WoW Classic
    A few days ago we posted that the WoW Classic Beta was added to CDC. It turns out that this was associated with the beginning stages of employee Alpha testing.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Hey folks! I’ve got a small update here to help quell some of the rumors and let you know where we are at for WoW Classic. We recently began a phase of internal employee alpha testing. The new build data that many of you have been discussing over the last few days is simply part of this process. Phases like this allow us to test out the game content along with other functionality that will be used in the live game, like logging in through the Blizzard Battle.net App.

Aside from that, we don’t have any announcements to make at this time. I know all of you are very excited about this game and we thank you for your patience as we continue to develop it. More information will be coming soon!

Should increase world boss rewards too. 355 is pitiful at this point.

So I imagine that Alpha will go on for 2-4 weeks then either a Beta or whatnot. But either way super hyped to see Classic coming along great.

No pvp increase ?

Tfw world quests give better gear than PvP

I’d like it if they upper rep from WQs. 75 is ridiculously low.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    Tfw world quests give better gear than PvP
    Literally doesn't matter anymore sadly.

With PvP Power and Resillience gone PvP gear isn't even "PvP gear" anymore.

Shame they removed it because people whined about having to actually earn separate gear for PvP.

Emissaries are giving heroic BoD ilvl gear? The raid has only been out for 3 months why exactly is heroic BoD gear competing with gear you get for finishing 4 WQs? I’m done with mythic already but Jesus the gearing system is in such a weird place. Hopefully goes back to normal when they fix/remove TF and reduce gear sources like they said they plan on doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Emissaries are giving heroic BoD ilvl gear? The raid has only been out for 3 months why exactly is heroic BoD gear competing with gear you get for finishing 4 WQs? I’m done with mythic already but Jesus the gearing system is in such a weird place. Hopefully goes back to normal when they fix/remove TF and reduce gear sources like they said they plan on doing.
    "Only 3 months"
    We should be coming to the end of this raid, only reason we aren't is because of the 2 boss raid. It seems like a perfectly fine time to up emissary loot. You've had 3 months after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    "heroic" is old normal. Nobody cared back then and nobody does now, except you i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    "Only 3 months"
    We should be coming to the end of this raid, only reason we aren't is because of the 2 boss raid. It seems like a perfectly fine time to up emissary loot. You've had 3 months after all.
    I guess that’s a good point. Though the new raid doesn’t offer much gear wise outside of 1-2 specific things. I’m not quite sure how BoD as a raid is coming to an end when we have quite a while (most likely) until 8.2s raid. Assuming it comes out in July, BoD would’ve been out for 7 months which is why I’m questioning it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    "heroic" is old normal. Nobody cared back then and nobody does now, except you i guess.
    Nobody cared then because we didn’t have raid loot invalidated from world quests. Completely different time so I’m not sure why your comparing that. Gearing system has changed quite a ton from that era of gearing to Legion/BFA era. Blizzard said they’re planning on changing this though so im not too concerned with it. I’m not too sure how you can say nobody does when the vast majority of complaints have been about the new gearing system.

Regardless it doesn’t affect me so really I have no place worrying about it, I just find it ridiculous that world quest emissaries are going to be offering ilvl 400 gear and heroic BOD (still the current raid, a 2 boss raid doesn’t take its place) also offers ilvl 400.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-04-20 at 03:14 PM.

Why does normal mode even exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Why does normal mode even exist?
    Guess it only exists to learn the raid.
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

10+ Year Old Account
    Brain dead WQs giving same quality loot as Heroic raiding... This shit is why people are quitting your game, Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Brain dead WQs giving same quality loot as Heroic raiding... This shit is why people are quitting your game, Blizz.
    Funny main reason im still playing WoW BFA cater to me blizzard some more thank you!

Who really gives a flying fly turd about what item level you get from playing the game(ie wqs, emissaries and what not)? The next patch is probably going live somewhere in May. It only helps people with poorly geared alts or mains depending on how they spend their time in the game go through a world quest faster(or last expansion raids).

"Brain dead WQs giving same quality loot as Heroic raiding... This shit is why people are quitting your game, Blizz." That's not how the real world works, friend. Throwing rewards at players is how you keep them playing. BfA on other hand is a garbage expansion so far, that's what's causing player drops. It also doesn't help that the game is ancient by now. Seriously who would spend their time playing wow when you can grind away in apex, pubg, overwatch etc which is are entirely "skill" based games. Without people getting rewards for PLAYING the game they tend to just leave.
    Last edited by huldu; 2019-04-20 at 04:12 PM.

Brain dead emissaries giving same ilvl loot as brain dead heroic raiding.

FTFY

Agreed.

Gear treadmill is so out of whack it's insane. Why should you get a Normal raid piece for completing 4 dailies?

Hint. You shouldn't. The games throwing out loot like crazy now it's basically messed up the gear treadmill outside of Mythic.

Funny if you were a heroic raider 5 years ago you were the filthy casual noob who is destroying hardcore rading. Time's changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Funny if you were a heroic raider 5 years ago you were the filthy casual noob who is destroying hardcore rading. Time's changed.
    Funny if you were also a PvP player at least 6 years ago you knew because you had the gear you got from doing PvP.

It's a damn shame how the current ideology of gear is either "you get one, everyone gets one" or "nah we can't have PvP stats because people wearing PvE gear would get owned"....

Seriously this games been so destroyed because people want it all.

I think my favorite part of this is people complaining that you can get heroic azerite piece for free like doing a m10+ isn't super easy or that heroic isn't puggable up to Jaina.
    Or like, the 3 first mythic bosses?
    Accept the free 400 piece for your alts and move on, please.