Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Eh, the spec plays and operates just fine the way it is
    And yet still virtually nobody plays it. Or ever has.

and I highly doubt they're going to undo the lore and models they've made up for the spec thus far. The game hasn't had a new range class added since 2004 and its still doing fine. If anything the next class will have a ranged spec.

You guys think this simple shit through too much tbh.
    10 years of lore and tradition didn't stop them removing the spec in the first place. 2 expansions of a garbage spec nobody wanted and nobody plays probably won't stop changes either.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post

10 years of lore and tradition didn't stop them removing the spec in the first place. 2 expansions of a garbage spec nobody wanted and nobody plays probably won't stop changes either.
    Eh, more people playing it than Sub Rogue.
    By definition of people playing vs not, then looking at the difference in the amounts of people playing BM vs MM we have to consider MM a failure to, right?

all hunter specs are garbage now. they need to revert to atleast wod and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Eh, more people playing it than Sub Rogue.
    By definition of people playing vs not, then looking at the difference in the amounts of people playing BM vs MM we have to consider MM a failure to, right?
    Sub Rogue was just heavily nerfed and is well below the other 2 specs in both raids and dungeons. The same is not true for survival, just nobody wants to play it. Plenty of people were playing sub in 8.0 when it was broken as hell on AOE fights. Nobody played Survival even when it was head and shoulders above the 2 ranged specs.
    Last edited by ydraw; 2019-04-20 at 08:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post

Cool story, you have two ranged specs to use so stop whinging about it. I'll continue using my melee spec (and MM) until the game finally dies.

Here, I included a picture of my hunter in her MM spec to make you happy:

Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2019-04-21 at 12:41 AM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

I play Survival since the start of BFA, its by far the most fun spec out of the three, I also prefer it over my Warrior. Its stronger in raids then in M+ also BM has a lot more utilities but... its just so much fun to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Cool story, you have two ranged specs to use so stop whinging about it. ]
    2 ranged specs is 50% fewer ranged specs than we should have. Can't wait until melee survival is removed and you guys can go back to playing other classes instead of ruining ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    I just think you lack vision. Which is OK. I don't mean that in a derogatory way. But I feel like your mindset has been narrowed by experience (maybe?). Not sure.
    I think you lack common sense and a sense of perspective, as well as a couple other things that will get me banned if I mention them. And I fully mean that in a derogatory way, just as you did despite you pretending not to.

"You just can't think outside the box" is one of the most self-aggrandising, snide, and lazy responses when it comes to these discussions. No, sometimes your ideas really are just that bad. Namely, you're falling into the common trap of "innovation for the sake of innovation": there's nothing special about your idea other than the fact that it's new. It doesn't offer any tangible benefit. It sure does do the oppoisite, though, by making an already niche spec even more niche.

Think of it like this... almost everything in an MMORPG is cosmetic. It is all dressed dice-rolling.
    I understand the general point you're making here, but flavour has to work with gameplay. Whether a spec is ranged or melee, they all have gameplay that works with the theme to make an enjoyable, immersive spec and part of that is being consistent with being ranged or melee. A spec that has to switch between the two on a fixed interval is thematically nonsense and produces a gameplay style that a) most people will hate and b) you can't even guarantee you would like it because at this point you're just thinking about it and no one has ever tried such a thing. The worst part is you can adopt this playstyle right now if you want using one of the ranged specs. There really is 0 reason to force it through some kind of gameplay element.

Range or melee really doesn't matter, as long as you are given the tools to do both (which, as is, would be annoying for any spec to switch back and forth).
    It matters a lot, actually, for both gameplay and theme. And "it doesn't matter so might as well make a spec have to do both" is an extremely shit argument.

Because that's DUMB for an RPG.
    As is a spec that is constantly forced to switch between ranged and melee.

I personally think it's dumb that most of the time I am throwing grenades at my feet. As far as "flavor" goes. But if disengage always reset the CD on harpoon, and vice versa, that could be cool. I also think the "build/spend" mechanic would be cool with this dance... i.e., build up stacks at range, hop back for a bigger burst to spend stacks. And then build up stacks from range, jump back in to swing away. This let's the player have more agency.
    Yeah, that grenade thing is dumb, which is why, among other reasons, the spec should be ranged. You keep repeating that it would be "cool" but that's not based in anything. You've never experienced a spec like that because it's never existed. People come up with dumb ideas all the time and declare that it will be a bunch of vague, diplomatic terms like "cool" and "interesting" based on nothing at all so we can just ad yours to the pile and move on.

I don't think current SV is proof of anything. 1) It's nothing like I described and 2) It's super fun and one of the best specs in the game right now.
    You people keep bleating this line out yet it doesn't hold up at all. It took an enormous amount of time and effort to make Survival in Legion, which noticeably took away from the other specs and also led to Survival having the most unrefined playstyle in the game, while taking away what was formerly one of the game's most popular and beloved specs, only to produce something that had minimal appeal and interest with anyone, had to be remade AGAIN in BFA, has a totally unfocused identity and theme (which was ostensibly the whole reason of making it melee in the first place) and continues to be one of the game's most niche, unpopular specs who's only saving grace is having artificially higher tuning than the other two Hunter specs making it the mandatory spec for rated PvP. It's an unmitigated disaster of a spec and you know it; you're just in denial.

"Getting out of a certain effect" could also be worded as "hitting the right arrow key until you are no longer taking damage" ... again, it is a DDR illusion represented by 3D images.
    "Nothing matters in this matrix world so might as well just do whatever". Christ, these forums never cease to amaze me.

Finally, nothing you had to say has anything whatever to do about the topic I have been discussing... which is a more dynamic / movement based hunter that is popping in and out of melee/range more would be cool and no one here has convinced me that it wouldn't be. We already have TONS of ranged specs and TONS of melee specs.... but for some reason I am the villain suggesting Blizzard try something different with 1 spec... OK.
    There's no convincing you because you're in hopeless denial. That's not the point: the point is making it clear to everyone else here how bad your idea is.

Yes, you are the villain for wanting to force such terrible garbage on the class.

- - - Updated - - -
    @ydraw
    Be careful when dealing with Turbotef; he's very delicate and if you bother him too much he might just snap and rage at you in private chat before ignoring you!

10+ Year Old Account
    While the old Survival spec was my favourite spec in the game, that I played from WotLK until it was removed in Legion.. I will say that current Survival has the most going for it when it comes to 'juggling plates' so to speak.

It may be a far cry from the spec I mained for so long, but atleast it doesn't bore me like BM and MM does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    I play Survival since the start of BFA, its by far the most fun spec out of the three, I also prefer it over my Warrior. Its stronger in raids then in M+ also BM has a lot more utilities but... its just so much fun to play.
    My ONLY wish for SV would to have access to some sort of base-line shot ability for white damage. I MISS MEH GUNZ Y'ALL

NEVER

bring black explosive shot & black arrow or RIOT

survival hunter is a rogue with ranged abilities smh

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    all hunter specs are garbage now. they need to revert to atleast wod and try again.

Revert mm spec back to legion
    Revert surv back to mop as ranged spec (holy shit the best idk why the fuck they have to change it)
    Revert bm back to.. TBC?

then we talking
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2019-06-01 at 10:12 PM.

The old surv was definitely nice, but i prefer the new one.
    Mastery could scale a little better ( this because for both attack and defense versatility is way better ).

However, what i really would like to see is a different pet management:

1) Chose the skin you want ( in other words, tame the pet you like )
    2) Select its passive skill ( lifesteal, speed, health )
    3) Select its active skill ( Heroism, Master call, Survival of the fittest )
    4) Select its attack ( shield wall, snare, mortal strike, dispell, etc... )

Probably most of the pets won't change for many players, indeed, but the point would be on the one hand to have a higher customization, on the other hand to use the pet you like, without being forced to take a specific pet because of its skills.

It was better in legion and BM should have been the melee spec.

Survival in mop and cata was the best survival

RIP explosive shot (the good one, not the one MM has now)

I gotta say though, I used to play BM and Marks in WoTLK and didn't give survival a chance. I have since gone to main Fury/Prot Warrior.

After reading this and not really reading into the other classes not warrior so forgive me for being ignorant of changes, I went and rolled a new Dwarf Hunter and went Survival, and I have to say I am enjoying the game again as well. Im not looking to crunch numbers or anything just looking to play something I feel is fun and soloing quests and this is making me enjoy the game again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the survival hunter idea, but I have some improvement suggestions...

1) I would like to see more trap abilities thrown into survival hunter in the future, maybe akin to the old survival talents from classic.
    2) classic survival hunters were mostly about being defensive in close range, and being less offensive than the other specs, maybe capitalize on that?
    3) Maybe have more ranged abilities too and have them switching between ranged and melee.
    4) Have survival revert back to using ranged weapons and melee weapons like the old school hunters. (see 3)
    5) Have more emphasis on their tracking abilities, doing more damaged against those tracked.

Just some ideas. I wanted to get that feel of a hunter being a true survivor, having all the tools to take people down, and have that feeling of Survival being that kind of guy who lives int he wild. trapping, netting, stealth, close and ranged combat. When I think of survival that's what I wanna see.
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-05-30 at 02:14 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravanaa112 View Post
    survival hunter is a rogue with ranged abilities smh
    That does seem true in some ways, but rogues have far more in terms of utility and especially defensives than SV does.

Not sure about ease or smoothness of rotation, as I never played rogue (maybe someone who knows both could tell me?).

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I like the survival hunter idea, but I have some improvement suggestions...

1) I would like to see more trap abilities thrown into survival hunter in the future, maybe akin to the old survival talents from classic.
    2) classic survival hunters were mostly about being defensive in close range, and being less offensive than the other specs, maybe capitalize on that?
    3) Maybe have more ranged abilities too and have them switching between ranged and melee.
    4) Have survival revert back to using ranged weapons and melee weapons like the old school hunters. (see 3)
    5) Have more emphasis on their tracking abilities, doing more damaged against those tracked.

Just some ideas. I wanted to get that feel of a hunter being a true survivor, having all the tools to take people down, and have that feeling of Survival being that kind of guy who lives int he wild. trapping, netting, stealth, close and ranged combat. When I think of survival that's what I wanna see.
    So go back to Vanilla essentially? Enjoy classic Possibly wotlk for camo, think it was added then

Quote Originally Posted by Darkynhalvos View Post
    That does seem true in some ways, but rogues have far more in terms of utility and especially defensives than SV does.

Not sure about ease or smoothness of rotation, as I never played rogue (maybe someone who knows both could tell me?).
    I think it's like a hybrid of Feral, rouge and Hunter, so if you've played Feral or Rouge, it's an easy swap. going from old style SV or pure ranged, a little harder. I mained druid for a long time and swapping to SV was easy.