Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Licketysplit77 View Post
    So 8.2 is on the horizon , it's being tested on the PTR, every content creator has thrown out as many videos as possible about the heart of azeroth, essences, mechagon in order to get their views, subs and more. The positive videos are done and now they spin it on its head to bring the negativity and gain more views and subs.
    I'm no huge fan of absolutely everything in this xpac or even any xpac for that matter, But people will complain about anything blizzard do now i feel.
    I would love to see them do better. So instead of picking at whats wrong with the current stuff. Tell us their foolproof ideas that come with no downsides, are perfect in every way and no one would dislike.
    Maybe an idea right here could make it into 9.0?
    I'm quite curious what you have seen over the last decade that makes you think Activision takes advice or feedback from anyone but Activision. I haven't even bothered beta testing the last few expansions because nothing ever gets fixed unless it renders the game completely unplayable.

Activision is a Fortune 500 company, not a lemonade stand, they need to do better, not be babied.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Thats exactly what you dont want to do. Doy you know why classic have such possitive perception? Becouse it is made for targeted audience with no cuttering all over the place to try please everyone. It is Blizzard fault the have put themself into this position where they butchered game for masses and now you can do w/e there will awalys be audience what doesnt like something. You need target audience.
    Strange that WoW was the targetted for the casual audience compared to the other MMO at the time. The removed death penalty. No XP lost. No looting from other players. No grind. Questing rewards.

Massive Fan of Preach, Knows what he's talking about, guarantee he would have made the latest blizzard gathering a better place with his opinions
    I agree. Preach seems like a level-headed person who is knowledgeable. I just wish the majority of his fans were like that.

Pick something; from the talents, classes, azerite, story.., and I’m 100% confident I could do it better blindfolded

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    classic has a positive perception because it's 15+ years old and people remember it as their first fuck, not because it was an amazing game made for a targeted audience. The main criticism of the time was that it was ultra-casual with an eye to undermining the entire hardcore community of gaming.
    Man, if Vanilla was ultra casual, which spot does that put modern wow in? Superduperultramegauber levels of casualness?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Man, if Vanilla was ultra casual, which spot does that put modern wow in? Superduperultramegauber levels of casualness?
    That's how it was perceived at the time compared to the other mmos that were on the market.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    I'm quite curious what you have seen over the last decade that makes you think Activision takes advice or feedback from anyone but Activision. I haven't even bothered beta testing the last few expansions because nothing ever gets fixed unless it renders the game completely unplayable.

Activision is a Fortune 500 company, not a lemonade stand, they need to do better, not be babied.
    They don't care, it's all about the money at this point. People can complain all they want, as long as revenue is up, fat retard Bobby Kotick doesn't give a shite.

So 8.2 is on the horizon , it's being tested on the PTR, every content creator has thrown out as many videos as possible about the heart of azeroth, essences, mechagon in order to get their views, subs and more. The positive videos are done and now they spin it on its head to bring the negativity and gain more views and subs.
    I'm no huge fan of absolutely everything in this xpac or even any xpac for that matter, But people will complain about anything blizzard do now i feel.
    I would love to see them do better. So instead of picking at whats wrong with the current stuff. Tell us their foolproof ideas that come with no downsides, are perfect in every way and no one would dislike.
    Sorry but i have the right to criticise what i am paying for.Especially if i buy expansions and pay subscription.The moment i stop with the criticism.I would have stop playing WoW and won't even touch it again.BFA came really close to me stop playing.Good Blizzard came with M+ in legion because this is the only thing i like at the moment in WoW.GW2 has the same system but it doesn't reset so often like M+ does.So we are here where we are.Blizzard delivered not good expansion.

The whole BFA can be described as one big fix of something broken by default on the release date.

"It‘s still in a beta"
    “It's launch issues”
    "It‘s a pre-patch issues"
    "It‘s first patch issues"
    “Patch 8.2 will be better”
    "It‘s not even the last patch"
    "Next expansion will be better"

Yea right.Being a white knight to the company is not a good idea.
    When i see the product then i will believe what blizzard are saying.The time for having my faith in Blizzard is long gone.They must earn the right for people to stop criticising their products.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    That's how it was perceived at the time compared to the other mmos that were on the market.
    Classic wow is still a casual game. There’s hardcore games out there like ark, rust, older mmos with full loot and permadeath etc

Wow has always been the casual mmo, but it’s taken it to new levels last expac

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Thats exactly what you dont want to do. Doy you know why classic have such possitive perception? Becouse it is made for targeted audience with no cuttering all over the place to try please everyone. It is Blizzard fault the have put themself into this position where they butchered game for masses and now you can do w/e there will awalys be audience what doesnt like something. You need target audience.
    Classic has positive perception? Where did you pull that from?

I'm not white knighting, as i said there's plenty i don't like in all xpacs, these new ideas come with flaws also. The point of the thread to get good ideas, better ideas. I'm not hiring so i don't need you qualifications :-)
    I mean there's a million threads on this board that are FULL of suggestions. If you cared about a consolidated idea thread you'd take a less confrontational tone, but I don't believe that's your intent.

But to stay on topic:
    Open "warmode" talents to all players in all content
    Up the droprate of IE cosmetics tenfold, and make them all BOE including mounts.

There. How's that?

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post

They don't care, it's all about the money at this point. People can complain all they want, as long as revenue is up, fat retard Bobby Kotick doesn't give a shite.
    Why insulting a man who is doing his job the best he can for benefit of his employer? You know, Blizz is paying him for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Monolithi View Post
    Why insulting a man who is doing his job the best he can for benefit of his employer? You know, Blizz is paying him for that.
    Blizz is... paying... kotick.... hahahaha. Do you know who Kotick is? The CEO of ATVI? Only people clearing his salary are the Board and the investors, and that's the only people he answers to. Blizzard is nothing but ants to him and he hates video games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monolithi View Post
    No, go look up who Bobby Kotick is. You could probably look up Satan and his picture would come up.

I'm not white knighting, as i said there's plenty i don't like in all xpacs, these new ideas come with flaws also. The point of the thread to get good ideas, better ideas. I'm not hiring so i don't need you qualifications :-)
    i remember people giving plenty of feedback on forums during beta in wod, legion, bfa.. only for it to get ignored and then deleted

But people will complain about anything blizzard do now i feel.
    Oh boy there's plenty to complain about in this game right now. As to foolproof ideas - there are none apart from one tiny thing, which is fucking communication which is basically nonexistant in this game. This and likely reacting to bad things happening in the game with something better (anything, really) than "we know, we'll take a look at it in next /expansion/major content update/life but you're probably playing the wrong way anyway. Moving on to transmog questions (...)".

Look at the heart of azeroth essences comming up in 8.2 and already available on the PTR - they are extremely freaking stupidly executed. They are so out of whack it's ridiculous. Everyone knows that "numbers will be tuned later" but in reality they hardly ever get fixed before they appear on live and screw things up in some hilarious way. PTR is supposed to be a short term data gathering window for them, but in blizzards hands it turns out to be a server stability test, a little bit of boss tests (which still end up with stupidly unkillable/undertuned bosses being released, wonder why) and that's it.

How do you want youtubers to react? Say once again "it looks bad, BUT let's wait till release cause things might change" or "Chill out, it's going to be great even though it looks like shit on paper" or "Next expansion will fix it, hang on." Look at the shit presented - essences are spec based, some specs get furiously overpowered things while others get nearly nothing. It's all RNG based once again. RNG procs bring fury warr up to 50% uptime on recklesness on a fucking target dummy- like what the fuck is this? You can't expect content creators to imagine how and if blizzard are going to release things. They react to how it's being presented on PTR and anyone not living under the rock knows there's good chance many of those things are going to be released as they are now or within a few % margin. And anyway ideas thrown and executed by blizzard in recent years are pretty damn bad, especially when it comes to the more invested in the game community and those who don't just sit around in LFR playing the solo kind of game.

Blizzard put itself on this position of not being trusted by anyone. You cant really blame people for simply question everything now.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime92 View Post
    Oh boy there's plenty to complain about in this game right now. As to foolproof ideas - there are none apart from one tiny thing, which is fucking communication which is basically nonexistant in this game.
    Communicate with players who can't even talk to each other without going into insults and hyperbole? This thread didn't get past 2 replies before it started.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Communicate with players who can't even talk to each other without going into insults and hyperbole? This thread didn't get past 2 replies before it started.
    That's their job to collect information and process it on their game dev degree level. It's not the customers' job to hand in essays and studies about what is wrong and why. Some passionate people are actually doing it for free and have been doing it for years, but that's NOT the customers' job.

Nothing related to 8.2 BUT...

I would have started by creating a war campaign experience significantly better than what they gave us (They went to all the trouble to give us all these flight paths and then they just basically serve as nothing more than shortcuts to WQs, making them the same wasted potential that Draenor's zone outposts were. Give each flight path a quest chain or two that awards reputation with the appropriate War Campaign Faction to create the impression that we are actually infiltrating the opposing faction's territory and making progress against them, instead of the limp-wristed campaign that is oh so reminiscent of Draenor's sad end-game content).

The oh-so-common complaint against Azerite Gear and their laughable RNG system should have been replaced with nothing more than the Neck piece with traits that unlock as you collect Azerite. I understand their comments about how poor some of the choices were, but instead of taking those choices away, they should have taken a closer look at the choices the Artifact Weapons gave, picked what to keep and what to toss, throw in new, better choices (possibly with choices for each decision so it doesn't seem so much like we're being led around so much), and made that the progression system. Hell, they could have added power-up slots to the necklace that we unlock as we progress through the game that adds to, powers up, or unlocks new and available choices. You know, actually improve on a fairly well-received idea instead of throwing it away and replacing it with a laughably bad imitation.

I actually liked the profession quest chains. They gave life to the professions, made them feel like they mattered and that they were more than just a side venture, and helped make the world feel more alive. I agree with their decision to take the RNG away from the gathering profession quests (you have an x% chance of looting this quest-starting item from a node), but they really could have kept that train rolling instead of derailing it at the end of Legion.

It could have been oh so easy to give us an in-world follower like we had in Legion that gave us various buffs in the world (we're literally at war, having allies fighting at our side is not a hard justification to make), but apparently they couldn't do that.

Oh, also, the cutscenes look like they were developed back in wrath. I mean, come on, it can't be that hard to animate your NPCs during the cutscenes so they don't just look like they're spamming the /s emote every time they have dialogue. This team somehow managed to do it back in WoD, but they couldn't do it now?

The point is, most of these complaints have been fairly common, and they all have reasonably simple solutions (except for the Azerite one, I really don't know how simple designing a necklace like that would be).

On the other side, I like the zones, the storylines are, for the most part, fairly interesting, everything looks lovely and the music sounds nice, and less RNG than Legion had is always appreciated.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    That's their job to collect information and process it on their game dev degree level. It's not the customers' job to hand in essays and studies about what is wrong and why. Some passionate people are actually doing it for free and have been doing it for years, but that's NOT the customers' job.
    Those videos people love to point to are essays on why that youtuber knows more about game development then game developers. They are free to stop anytime they want to.