Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    magic was only used when both participants could do it
    This is entirely irrelevant, if it wasn't forbade by the combatants it is allowed. Given that Garrosh himself didn't consider it cheating when Thrall used magic in their first duel, I'm gonna go with that means it wasn't cheating, otherwise he would have used against Thrall to win the duel by default, but he didn't care, nor did any of the presumably hundreds of witnesses.

So, not cheating.

but the rules says one weapon and no armor, thrall had armor and used 2 "weapons"

even if he cheated, forgiveness can be archived.
    Nowhere in the lore is it stated that armor and more than 1 weapon is not allowed in Mak'gora (in fact, in every instance where these were rules in a duel they had to specifically be declared before the fight, which wouldn't need to be done if they were baseline rules), it is also not said anywhere that magic is considered a "weapon"... And even if that were true, which it's not, it would mean that both Garrosh and Thrall cheated in their first duel, because Garrosh was duel wielding and they both wore armor, which would mean neither of them care for the (nonexistant) traditional rules and therefore it wasn't cheating in either case in either fight.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-04-20 at 08:50 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

All discussion aside:

The horde is in turmoil, again!
    Second warchief who causes it....

Thrall is the only one who commands enough respect of the other leaders and even from the alliance leaders to become Warchief and stay warchief.
    I am also guessing that Thrall will take back his title of Warchief.
    The horde needs a stable leader who will lead them forward.

Enough is enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I think maybe this was the plan though, that by killing Varian, and putting thrall on a back burner unknown if he'd return, blizzard did that just incase he changed his mind and dealt with his anxiety disorder
    He very specifically said, when he retired, that he intended to keep playing Thrall because it makes him happy.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    He very specifically said, when he retired, that he intended to keep playing Thrall because it makes him happy.
    I don't think Blizzard should make the appearance of Thrall dependant on the voice actor!

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah thats what he said, but fact is without him as lead developer anymore they could decide whatever they want with the character, and sadly metzen has no control over it now.
    #boycottchina

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lmao poor guy wanted to retire and raise his Orc kids but the Horde simply can't behave and now he has to step in again xD

Thrall is the best candidate for Warchief we have right now (...because Vol'jin died). Let's have Thrall as Warchief, with Vol'jin as Loa of the Horde. It would be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    One can only hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    I don't think Blizzard should make the appearance of Thrall dependant on the voice actor!
    Unless they don't plan to give him any voicelines, I do.

Testament to how poorly developed the other Horde leaders are character wise that they had to bring him back. Very poor writing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Testament to how poorly developed the other Horde leaders are character wise that they had to bring him back. Very poor writing.
    all this comes down to that whisper given to vol'jin, who he believed was a loa speaking to him. Its been cut down other characters and entities weren't responsible for it, even bwonsamdi, who pretty much was vol'jins loa.
    This mess is down to that, was it sylvanas herself tricking vol'jin into giving her power, was it a collaboration between sylvanas and azshara as a bid for power, or was it n'zoth or azshara themselves that did so to cause chaos between the factions knowing what sylvanas would do.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I just realised that thrall is basically "dad came back 8 years later after going to buy the milk" joke.

15+ Year Old Account
    yeah thats what he said, but fact is without him as lead developer anymore they could decide whatever they want with the character, and sadly metzen has no control over it now.
    That's irrelevant.

all this comes down to that whisper given to vol'jin, who he believed was a loa speaking to him. Its been cut down other characters and entities weren't responsible for it, even bwonsamdi, who pretty much was vol'jins loa.
    This mess is down to that, was it sylvanas herself tricking vol'jin into giving her power, was it a collaboration between sylvanas and azshara as a bid for power, or was it n'zoth or azshara themselves that did so to cause chaos between the factions knowing what sylvanas would do.
    You know the meta was Bobby Kotick and the marketing team
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just realised that thrall is basically "dad came back 8 years later after going to buy the milk" joke.
    It also brings us closer to intended conclusion that the only way for Horde to remain in any kind of long term stability is for goblins to invent cloning and clone Thrall!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall changed too since he has a wife and kids now...
    So he wasn't the single Warchief he was when he left...

Still too would he return to become Warchief again?
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    It also brings us closer to intended conclusion that the only way for Horde to remain in any kind of long term stability is for goblins to invent cloning and clone Thrall!
    I don't know why but this seems oddly relevant
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx2_-wICsnE

The only thing that can counter boiking - army of go'els.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I don't know why but this seems oddly relevant
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx2_-wICsnE

The only thing that can counter boiking - army of go'els.
    This reminds me how I'd solve all this. After the war is over we conclude that all orcs have to go through same education Thrall had. Then we'll have all the orcs head to Stormwind to school, with backpacks on shoulder and all.

It shouldn't have been interment camps that's the mistake, but education camps!

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    This reminds me how I'd solve all this. After the war is over we conclude that all orcs have to go through same education Thrall had. Then we'll have all the orcs head to Stormwind to school, with backpacks on shoulder and all.

It shouldn't have been interment camps that's the mistake, but education camps!
    Them Stormwind is razed just like the Na'vi destroyed the human camp of the human marines in the movie Avatar. Now that I think about it, blizzard has tease us since warcrimes about the destruction of Stormwind. Maybe they are saving it for when they try to recreate wc3 plot in wow with a hero journey that is later turned into the story of a villain protagonist that destroy both Stormwind and Orgrimmar(or Thunder bluff if Orgrimmar isn't destroyed already by 8.3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    In-game the duel occurred in the arena in Orgrimmar and was a mostly formal event, so there was indeed an audience (including the PC themselves). I don't remember the comic addressing this, so you'll have to cite the source you're referring to with a description of the event in question. I do remember Thrall and Garrosh having a bit of an altercation in Theramore during the first summit, but that wasn't explicitly a Mak'gora that was just Garrosh losing his cool with the Alliance (despite the fact that it was a Faceless One that had attacked) and Thrall putting an immediate stop to it so as not to have another Dalaran-style duel between Garrosh and Varian.
    in the comic, they fight normally, no spells, only when they saw the lich king attack thrall cast a lighting in the middle of the arena to send garrosh away, then the fight stop.

there was not observers in the second fight.

- - - Updated - - -

This is entirely irrelevant, if it wasn't forbade by the combatants it is allowed.
    it is relevant because it is supposed to be a fight of equals, a fair and honorable fight

if both can use magic there is no problem, if only one use, he had a disproportional advantage

Given that Garrosh himself didn't consider it cheating when Thrall used magic in their first duel,
    Again, we ahve to consider what is canon, the comic, or the ingame fight

Nowhere in the lore is it stated that armor and more than 1 weapon is not allowed in Mak'gora
    it is stated in the shattering, when cairne invoked the mak'gora, they want the "true" duel, and they say the terms, to death, no armor, only one weapon(blessed by a shaman if the fighter wanted it) and when the weapons falls, you use your fists.

REferencing any one fight might not actually work to prove anything as I don't think there's any source stating the rules of Mak'gora are 100% consistent.

In comics there a multiple fights and not all allowed or referenced blessed weapons. Not all fights were to the death. The only constant seems to be 1v1 and witnesses as a requirement.