Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    A bunch of cowards with guns prey on the weak while trying to grant their actions legitimacy by naming themselves after the constitution. I'd trade out the members of this "miliita" 1 to 1 for latin american migrants any day of the week.
    What have the years of your life taught you to be?

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlae View Post
    *Shares a border with Chinese, Italians, and the Irish. Wait a minute..*
    Fun fact: The very first immigration legislation was in the 1880s and explicitly aimed at Chinese immigrants.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    If you do it legally, you will be welcomed with open arms.
    I AM trying to do it legally (which is why I've been waiting almost six years to make it)

The problem is, even when people do it legally, you get racist assholes like these armed terrorists, treating us like criminals.

Just so we're clear, if I get a Tourist Visa, and enter the country simply by buying a plane ticket, and once my feet are in US soil and I request Asylum, then my stay in the united states of america IS PERFECTLY LEGAL.

Even without a green card, even without a migrant visa. All you need is to enter the country, and plead your case for asylum. They'll either approve it, or reject it (its not as easy to get it approved as the bigots think, its actually a brutal uphill battle, that takes a lot of blood sweat and tears to go through, which is why it cannot be done outside of the US) but until the process is done, we have the constitutional-given right to stay in the US, and not have to put up with this shit.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    If you do it legally, you will be welcomed with open arms.
    Not by Trump and other racist Republicans they won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Not according to MANY people here.

Asked many times. Why are republicans trying to limit LEGAL immigration if they dont have a problem with immigrants?
    Then there's this too. As someone who's been trying to LEGALLY emmigrate to the USA for the past six years, lemme tell ya, not only its brutally hard, its quadrupled in difficulty in the past 2 years. Gee I wonder why.

If you don't want people to resort to illegal means to immigrate, how about stop making the legal way as painful as pissing broken glass?

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Don't let your hatred brainwash you into thinking the US is a "horrible country", because if it was, none of those desperate people the militia rounded up would risk their lives and their children's to come to the US. Nothing is perfect. I criticized the US a lot of times here, but a great country it remains and there is simply not denying that.
    Kinda sorta but imo, you have to really separate the people from the country when you talk about the US. Americans are some of the nicest, sweetest and most hospitable people you will ever meet but the US as a nation does have some pretty serious issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    There is only morons there, because Trump is whipping up his white nationalist base.
    Those morons have been there forever, do you not think caravans of undocumented people scurrying through the country is a bad sign?

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    that should be done away with.

you should have to send a written appeal for asylum, which will be returned to you with whether you should come to the US to continue the process or not.

illegally entering the country, no matter your circumstance, should permanently revoke all chance for you to ever immigrate here.
    you are aware that some countries that people may be fleeing, could end up dead jsut because the government intercepted an "asylum letter" that alone would make the actual people in desperation, even more fearful to try to seek asylum in the first place, because it would put a giant target on their back from the government they are trying to escape in the first place. I imagine that scenario happening right now for Venezuela citizens who are trying to escape Maduro's rule, in the conflict between him and Guaido and the whole corrupt system thats proposed right now.

Quote Originally Posted by hynx View Post
    I imagine that scenario happening right now for Venezuela citizens who are trying to escape Maduro's rule, in the conflict between him and Guaido and the whole corrupt system thats proposed right now.
    Bingo

(Actual venezuelan citizen here, trying to escape this god-forsaken hellhole, and hopefully gain asylum in the USA, where several guildies have offered me food and shelter until I can find employment)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Bingo

(Actual venezuelan citizen here, trying to escape this god-forsaken hellhole, and hopefully gain asylum in the USA, where several guildies have offered me food and shelter until I can find employment)
    Edit: I see you are trying Legally. Good Luck.

Border Jumpers should have their rights to asylum revoked.
    Last edited by SinR; 2019-04-21 at 05:04 AM.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Yeah... good luck with that.

Better be following the legal route and not just jumping the fence
    Just jumped into the conversation to flame someone without reading previous posts did we?

I AM trying to do it legally (which is why I've been waiting almost six years to make it) The problem is, even when people do it legally, you get racist assholes like these armed terrorists, treating us like criminals.
    I think you made a great point about how people just assume any immigration to the US is going to be illegal.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Just jumped into the conversation to flame someone without reading previous posts did we?
    Yeah, i just assumed they were gonna jump on the Caravan. I see they are at least trying the legal route.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/20/u...ew-mexico.html

So the supposed leader of the militia was arrested on firearm charges because he is a felon.

Good job following the law fella's.

Except that's not how it works. You have to be physically present in the US to request asylum, its not something that can, or should, be done at an embassy.
    You must not know what an embassy is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Actually, all they have to do is step foot on US soil and they can claim asylum. And these militias are nothing but glorified vigilantes filled with White Nationalists.
    For argument's sake, let's say you're right about the militias. So fuckin' what?

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Spoken like someone who doesn't know how this shit works. Do yourself a favor pal, if you've never tried to emigrate to another country before (And SPECIALLY if you've never tried to do so whilst fleeing persecution in your home land and seeking to obtain Political Asylum on the country you're trying to emigrate to) then PLEASE don't try to speak as if you know what you're saying. You're only displaying your ignorance on the matter for all to see.

Quote Originally Posted by The Knight View Post
    This is part of the problem though, and also part of the reason CBP has said they don't want the militias patrolling. This man has to have known that he was not permitted to carry a gun, and was still willing to do so and dumb enough to let himself get filmed doing something illegal. So there's a couple points here.

He is acting illegally to catch people he claims are acting illegally, which makes him look hypocritical and stupid.
    He is willing to knowing break the law once in a scenario that involves running around with guns rounding up families. If you were the actual legal authority in charge of operations in that area, is this someone you would trust to be acting in an extralegal capacity? No. It just gives fuel to the "Well if he is already taking one illegal action what else is he willing to do?" attitude.
    His actions also feed directly into the opposition to militias as he's just handing them ammo to use for no real reason, he could have very easily gone along without a firearm or at least have had the presence of mind to not allow himself to get caught on camera or at the VERY LEAST looked at the footage before it was posted to social media. The fact that he was dumb enough to fail on all of these means he probably shouldn't be part of an armed group rounding up people in the desert at night.

You see the problems here? I mean, say a person was neutral on militias, which way do you think something like this would tip someone? And he guts the argument "Well these are law abiding citizens protecting their country!" again for no reason. When you've got people accusing you of being ignorant racists operating to illegally detain people you don't lean into that, and if you're fucking dumb enough to do so you're just making their point for them.
    My point was that it is weird to focus on this guy as if his arrest meant anything more in relation to the militia thing rather than just him getting arrested for breaking an unrelated law. I was not saying anything about how dumb it is for him to have broken that law and done it in the process of trying to catch others breaking crimes. Yes he should be arrested and yes he was dumb but that doesn't mean his arrest has any more significance in this event or whether this militia was in the right or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    Government giving money to illegals? Have I missed a memo or are you just that ignorant?
    Taxes heavily subsidize illegal immigrants in the US. Most illegal households benefit from our taxes from like 20k to even 70k per year. And they don't pay their equal share of taxes to cover what they are receiving. Some pay like 1k per year in payroll taxes that they don't benefit from but that is entirely imbalanced compared to the benefits they do receive. And the ones who pay income tax almost always receive a refund on all of it because their income shows up to be so low.

Businesses on the other hand profit massively from paying them like a third of minimum wage while the rest of us foot the bill to pay for affordable housing and food and healthcare for these people. This is why the media is so in favor of illegal immigration and why politicians don't want to do anything to fix the problem, because their rich masters and buddies are the ones who are making bank from them being here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post

So the supposed leader of the militia was arrested on firearm charges because he is a felon.

These people write their own stories...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post

- - - Updated - - -

For argument's sake, let's say you're right about the militias. So fuckin' what?
    They get apprehended by the FBI

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    And yet they're not the police. They've no authority.

If those families are afraid to leave for fear of being shot, they're effectively being held at gunpoint. Held illegally, I might add.

Vote in people who will do something.

Except the people don't have the right to take the law into their own hands. Besides, if those people are going to do what should be done, they wouldn't be rounding up families, they'd be in legislative halls getting reasonable immigration legislation passed.
    Get informed on the law. You do have the ability to citizens arrest and form militias. The only law they might have broken is that you can only citizens arrest in new mexico if the offense would put them in jail for over a year. Illegally crossing the border is like 6 months in jail for your first offense and 2 years for your second offense. So you could argue they didn't know if this was a first offense or not but don't expect much to come of that, it would be splitting hairs and they could just as easily say they suspected them to have been repeat offenders.

No, that's not what being held at gunpoint means. Don't make shit up.

People did vote in someone to do something about it. That doesn't matter either way though. They have the power and right to do this whether the government is doing enough or not. And if they are finding a massive group of 300 people then you can't really argue they were out of line to do something about it.

What do you even expect them to legislate here? It is already illegal for them to come here like this...the laws are already in place. And they have the legal right to form up and detain them. Nothing you are saying makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Those immigrants are only following US law if they're seeking asylum. The part Trumpsters seem to always forget is that in order to seek asylum, people have to arrive in the US first. As stated on the United States Citizenship & Immigration Services Website:
    At the border is considered in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post

And yet people will still defend them.