Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    WoW could be way more successfull probably if it would focus on the solo player part more than it does now.

What do you think?
    I wouldn't mind if the mmo devs made a single player version of their games.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    I wouldn't mind if the mmo devs made a single player version of their games.
    It would be way less effort if they allowed the current players of world of warcraft a solo/AI option for dungeons, raids and battlegrounds.

The only thing that holds the devs back is a conservative mindset. But probably the numbers could convince a game director who is a mythic raider that his kind of gameplay is from days which passed long ago.

if a small niche like mythic raiders and high key mythic dungeon runners get their difficulties, why not adding a mode which would adress half of the players of world of warcraft?

MMOs like Runescape, IMO, strike the best mix between solo and group content. Most players in WoW are just doing group content because they have to with forced groups not because they actually enjoy interacting with random players they'll never see again. But, as usual, the typical crowd of people come in who think multiplayer games can't be played alone.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    The thing about WoW is that it's one of the best single player RPGs out there. It's an endless videogame. This is a good thing.
    Exactly this. You play an RPG in an multiplayer-surrounding. Just because you can play with others does not mean you must. But for this to work it requires content; content that does not exist.

There is no set rule how a mmo should work. Some people love to play solo; but still also likes it to play sometimes with others. Others simply likes to be in a quild, talking with others.

We already have enough multiplayer-content; but yes, from the perspective of BfA, where there is 0 solo-player-content; wow should definitively have more of it. Even BC-WotLK had far more solo player content than we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by grandgato View Post
    How does giving players who are already not participating in group content more to do, and a reason to stay subscribed longer "take away from the already established game"?
    It would take work from developers, and it would move some more borderline players over to the single player game. It would already further change the game away from MMO to single player experiences. Its already happening here: a type of player with a type of ideology is demanding their desires be catered to, and if you don't see how that would take away from the current iteration, I can't help you.

Again, single player RPGs exist. Again, MMOs aforementioned have already gone that route. Not every MMO or RPG needs to be played like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep and sooner or later blizzard will have to do it. Just right now they are wanting to have their old cake and eat it as well.
    This isn't true - your own desires here don't mean much of anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post

Out of curiosity, what did you talk about to your random group of strangers in the past beyond what are their knowledge of the said dungeon instance?

Have people tried to start some random conversation with random strangers?

My experience of dungeons run during BC and now are the same. People rarely talked beyond asking people if they knew what to do. Your experiences are of course very different by the sound of it.
    I made many friends talking about things. Sometimes a persons name would spawn a convo. We talked about how much we like this or that part of the dungeon, helped each other improve. Made friends, added people to friends list if they were good. If a mostly guild group found a solo they liked they would try to recruit him.

My experience now in 5man LFD is largely silence.

I do not think you played during BC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    MMOs like Runescape, IMO, strike the best mix between solo and group content. Most players in WoW are just doing group content because they have to with forced groups not because they actually enjoy interacting with random players they'll never see again. But, as usual, the typical crowd of people come in who think multiplayer games can't be played alone.
    Then fucking play Runescape. I do when I want that type of game. We don't need to homogenize every single aspect of every game to fit some mindset like this. It makes no sense and only further dilutes games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Which wasn't that hard dungeons are bad, but which was not to whipsaw back and forth. The people in Cata were not the same people in Classic/TBC who liked the difficulty and knew how to deal with it. The where by and large wrath babies who'd been raised on the Wrath 5 mans... which were piss easy.
    I agree a lot with the sentiment behind this. A lot of Blizzard's problems are self-caused by their going from one extreme to the other.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Would you still refuse to do dungeons if the 4 "players" that did it with you acted exactly as players, but were AI instead?
    What if they were foreign AI?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Not everything needs to have a solo mode. It's a MMO, you should need people to do things like raids and battlegrounds.
    interesting seeing how past 2 expansions focus only on excluding people from premade groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW could be way more successfull probably if it would focus on the solo player part more than it does now.

What do you think?
    It already IS a solo player game: LFR, LFG, no more group quests, solo queue for BGs, Scenarios that doesn't require healers..

The only non-solo thing that remains is hardcore raiding.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

No. This is already single player game since atleast... Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Personally, I do find any "role playing" element in it. It is an arcade adventure. Everything is on rails. I cannot choose or influence the world or make decisions. What choices have I had to make in the game? None really.

As for the multiplayer, it merely suggest multiple players playing in the same game. It does not suggest people playing in a group like a team. I don't early MMO had groups or required it.

Given the current state of the community and the present of mods that segregate players, it is no surprised group play is no longer that enticing.
    And you're also one of those people that's completely ripping the concept of an MMO apart.

It's no surprise because people like you have been lobbying for ages to get ease of life features that destroy what an MMO is all about, which is playing together (whether you do this in character or not, you are playing your role) with the set of adventures given to you. After that, you have an entire world with other real life players to engage with.

It's an MMO, not massive, multiplayer and online - separately. The three aspects are one of their own, but to be considered an MMO they cannot work individually but together. What you want is not an MMO, so find another game.

15+ Year Old Account

What do you think?
    Witcher 3, Diablo is there for you

M M O
    MassiveMultiplayerOnline

No wonder the game is goes to hell
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Face the fact it was massively successfull. Face the fact it had close to zero queue times. Face the fact that this is the experience people want.. and no real enemies that outsmart or overgear them. Face the fact that your idea about what a MMORPG should be is from the Everquest era, and paradigms like yours are a brickwall against a game that really would adress many of its players.

People that actively or solely play PvP would disagree with you. You killed queue times, good for you, but where is the heart? I feel no satisfaction by beating some robots. I prefer to dominate and make other players feel embarassed while and after engaging in a fight with me. If the other player can't handle getting beat so hard (ie. gets salty, tilted, mad, gives up), he or she does not belong in the world of PvP and should not be catered to.

If you can't beat a guy, accept the fact, your fate, and fucking do something about it. If you're playing against a decked out premade, you're just unlucky and it happens to everyone. It'll be over soon, I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    People that actively or solely play PvP would disagree with you. You killed queue times, good for you, but where is the heart? I feel no satisfaction by beating some robots. I prefer to dominate and make other players feel embarassed while and after engaging in a fight with me. If the other player can't handle getting beat so hard (ie. gets salty, tilted, mad, gives up), he or she does not belong in the world of PvP and should not be catered to.

If you can't beat a guy, accept the fact, your fate, and fucking do something about it. If you're playing against a decked out premade, you're just unlucky and it happens to everyone It'll be .over soon, I promise.
    looking by how succesfull brawls agains AI are it will be very very soon indeed ^^

5+ Year Old Account
    Things you can solo without much difficulty:

Most WQ's
    Most old raids/dungeons
    Most Quests
    World PVP
    Crafting
    Leveling
    Gathering
    Auction House
    Treasure Hunting
    Exploring

I think that's more than enough.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    What more proof we need that RIO is ruining wow than that (as statistically referred to by Moana above) over 50% of players turn their backs to the group content in favor of solo activities. If group content was enjoyable more people would prefer it. But when the social interaction becomes an extra anxiety in your day ofc you will ignore it

Blizzard started this trend in Wrath. Specifically the 3.3 patch where they introduced LFG *and* incentivized using it with the daily heroic quests.

I get the advantage of LFG but what it taught people is that they can do things like daily heroic dungeon quests without needing a guild. Undermining your core social structure like that is idiotic. More and more people decided that they didn't need to be in a guild or, even if they were in a guild, that it was more easy to run group content in PUGs. But when you don't know the people, you need Raider.io or some other tool to check people out. This isn't the case in a guild where it's assumed people are all roughly the same level and, if they're not, you help them out because they're in the guild.

But if you PUG... you lose social cohesion and run into all of the other stuff that you list above.

The thing is... group content is OK but no one runs it over and over because of the content. I ran it in Vanilla, TBC and Wrath (and later) because I had friends in the guild and we liked hanging out and doing shit together. It was a dynamic similar to hanging out a bar or wherever with some friends. You don't go to a bar over and over and over just to get a beer... you go to that bar because you can meet up with people you like and hang out. PUGs... miss out on all of this. You'll likely never see the PUG members and they aren't really people to you - they're a means to an end.

You're right - the players did this to themselves but Blizzard also utterly misunderstood how social dynamics work and undermined the structures that encourage fun group play.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    What more proof we need that RIO is ruining wow than that (as statistically referred to by Moana above) over 50% of players turn their backs to the group content in favor of solo activities.
    Noone turned "their back" to group playing. Most of these players had been solo players for all the years they play.

You cannot force anyone to become group players. Players who do not want to play in groups stop to play at any brick wall blizzard would erect artificially.

I stop every kind of questing whenever dungeons, raids or battlegrounds become part of a quest chain.

I would rather not see the final plot if i had to play a raid. I cant stand LFRs toxcicity. its long queue times, its mechanics, its linear structure and raid bosses in general, and i cant stand raid guilds, the guild dramas, the ego queens and epic greediness, the hateful competition... I would rather watch the end of the raid on youtube and unsub if there was nothing else to do. Did that in warlords of draenor, when raiding was the only content left, and world quests didnt allow me to progress anymore.

I am horrified by playing in groups in world of warcraft. Not because i do not socialize, but i want to keep my mental health. And i dont want to have an ingame schedule, but do want to play when i like to. Add to that a massively toxic community, and competition among everything, and people metering people by skilll and ilevel rather than if they want to play together with them.

For me, group play in World of Warcraft, is an absolute no go, at least in dungeons, raids and battlegrounds. If i had a choice to play NPC dungeons, battlegrounds or raids, i would play them. If there were other ways to get rid of all the drama, the high queue times and a lot of toxcicity, i would probably also play it. But until then.. i will logon every 2 days, do world quests, and have fun with my ilvl 380 equipped chars.

Sure, i dont have the best gear, but the greatest freedom ingame you could imagine.
    Last edited by Fred Skinner; 2019-04-21 at 10:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to have the followers from my mission table to be my group in that case. And i should be able to have a degree of influence on their actions. Imagine you had an actionbar with common commands as like "attack, follow me, defensive cooldown and offensive cooldown", and had to use it at the right moment.
    You could always multibox and then just play with yourself all you want.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Not everything needs to have a solo mode. It's a MMO, you should need people to do things like raids and battlegrounds.
    Not at all there is ai that can beat pro players at a lot of games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post

If you can't beat a guy, accept the fact, your fate, and fucking do something about it. If you're playing against a decked out premade, you're just unlucky and it happens to everyone. It'll be over soon, I promise.
    There already ai that outperform pro player in some games... Like dota 2 for example. Beating a well designed ai is rewarding as fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Honestly if they made more solo content (or higher difficulty raids queable, I would return in a heart beat).
    I'd actually like mythic raids to be queue-able but no achievements or gear. I do it for the practice, experience, and parses but I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't bother.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

The only 'single' player content I would like is more things like the Mage Tower.