Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Are more girls bisexual than guys?

Seems that way at the very least.

In my circle of friends and acquaintances we have a lot of girls, my best friend is also a girl. We play a lot of "I have never...", and ALL but 2 girls, out of 15, have at the very least made out with another girl, and not just as a dare but because of actual attraction. 8 of them have also gone "the whole way". Most of them, though, have boyfriends. Some of them have had girlfriends in the past.
    Compare that to the guys, where only 1 of us have done stuff with the same sex, and he's homosexual which explains it.

Also, the term "In my teens I was confused and was exploring my sexuality"? Only heard it from girls, never guys. Every guy I know was 100% certain if he liked weiner or taco when puberty hit.

Obviously this is far from empirical research, but it still got me curious. Is there any evidence that suggests that girls are more prone to being, at the very least, bisexual compared to guys?

Obviously there's nothing wrong with it, I'm just curious because it does seem to be such a huge difference between the sexes and bisexual tendencies.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-04-21 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Infracted for forbidden topics

Sounds more like a cultural thing rather than biological.

15+ Year Old Account
    Girls are more attractive than guys so I find it more probable.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I say it's more encouraged and faced with more of a positive attitude when girls are bi compared to guys.

Somehow girls seems to be more open on same sex relationship than most guys, at least from what i have seen over time.

The compassionate nature of a lot of women makes some women think they are into women at times, I would agree to that much. Due to cultural stigma regarding men, in many regards, it is hard to make a definite "yes or no" to the question of "are girls more bisexual than guys".

How would you ever find out? There's more stigma against men who are interested in other men than there is for women interested in other women.

IMHO, girls are way more touchy-feely w/ each other in their day-to-day behaviour which makes them look rather gay, however, such behaviour displayed by men is frowned upon by both men and women.

But in reality, when it comes to same-sex relationships, many women are either neutral if it involves other women or fairly negative if it involves them. Many of my lesbian friends have really hard time expressing their interest in other women when it's not done in lesbian-only bars/clubs/etc. They say that straight women often are quite ruthless.

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    They say that straight women often are quite ruthless.
    In what way?

Social stigma matters a lot here

Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-04-21 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Infracted for spam

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    In what way?
    Routine mockery, esp at work, even physical confrontations, and when women fight even dudes prefer to stay away, you know...

Trans people also experience that, I've heard and seen a lot of stuff during group counselling sessions >_>

The worst part about violence and ridicule that's instigated and/or done by women is that it's not taken seriously by both authorities and employers, unlike men, women aren't seen as aggressors, so it's all brushed under the rug.
    Last edited by ls-; 2019-04-21 at 12:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Social acceptance. Girls fooling around with each other is seen as hot, guys not so much.

The science is a little murky - some studies appear to show a higher rate of bisexual women but there's methodological issues.

And as people have pointed out, traditionally homophobia more strongly stigmatises male bisexuals than females. So men may be more reluctant to identify as bisexual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    Routine mockery, esp at work, even physical confrontations, and when women fight even dudes prefer to stay away, you know...

Trans people also experience that, I've heard and seen a lot of stuff during group counselling sessions >_>

The worst part about violence and ridicule that's instigated and/or done by women is that it's not taken seriously by both authorities and employers, unlike men, women aren't seen as aggressors, so it's all brushed under the rug.
    What the fuck? Seems overkill for someone expressing their interest in you.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    What the fuck? Seems overkill for someone expressing their interest in you.
    Most states still allow the 'gay panic' defense to be attempted. Where you can claim that you were so upset by a gay person expressing interest in you that you're not criminally responsible for murdering them. (It rarely gets them completely off, but has gotten the charges downgraded in the past)

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This thread should not be open long.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    This thread should not be open long.
    Wouldn't want to disrupt the regularly scheduled shitfight over racism for the one millionth time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    Most states still allow the 'gay panic' defense to be attempted. Where you can claim that you were so upset by a gay person expressing interest in you that you're not criminally responsible for murdering them. (It rarely gets them completely off, but has gotten the charges downgraded in the past)
    Sorry, what? That's a legitimate defense?

No but they crave attention more.

Exploring sexuality is simply more beneficial to a woman than it is to men. Showing bisexual or lesbian tendencies give certain positive social boons to women. It can be used to both deflect and attract interest, so it is socially safe to attempt.

It isn't the same kind of tool in the hands of a male, who has to face a much harsher social stigma where the perceptions toward it are less likely to lead to a positive social outcome. If the stigma wasn't so harsh, men would doubtless explore it in the same way more often.
    Last edited by turboether; 2019-04-21 at 01:03 PM.