Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Where is your god-like art team now? Lmao.
    To be fair the new zones, mounts, etc look pretty amazing. The armor on the other hand...

Well its a good thing we have transmog.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    While I appreciate the math putting it into context, did you count the pvp sets in legion as unique sets as well? The pvp sets in BfA are recolours of the warfront sets, and the pvp sets in 8.2 seem to be recolours of the raid sets.

If you count them all as individual sets in both expansions, good stuff. If you didn’t, I might wanna change the math for that. I haven’t mathed on it myself, so I’m merely asking out of curiosity!
    there are 8 sets per warfront/pvp seasons so its 16 unique sets compared to legions 0 as every legion set was a raid recolor.

They don't have the talent or skill to make good sets anymore I believe.
    “to wear an improper expression on your face was itself a punishable offence. There was even a word for it in Newspeak: FACECRIME, it was called.”

10+ Year Old Account
    They look like dungeon tiers...

Quote Originally Posted by VanishingAct View Post
    They didn't have the talent to create new things for the event (always a hearthstone now), so new sets ...

Armor design was always one of the weaker points of WoW. There's a few good ones, but a very large portion of armor designs are just incredibly bland, simplistic, and uninspired.

I just wanna say that I like the sets!

I also really liked the other sets, from Uldir and Battle for Dazar'Alor. I use plate and I roll a horde belf female paladin so it might be why but... I still like em!
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Not a fan of Underwater sets. Those one are no exception. But there's some sets like that.

The armors are between meh and good enough, with an acuatic or serpent like race, this will fit like a glove, such a shamen we don't even have dragonborn races or fish people among the playable races.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    that was before they got azerite crap feedback , i guess they spent most of their time trying to come up with a substitution for it

Mythic plate is kinda cool as always and I like the mail one it just seems more appropriate to be a cloth set
    Incase you don't know, the people who work on how Azerite pieces work aren't the same who make 3D gear models.

With that being said, ye I've hated the approach they've done with the sets now. They could atleast have made a version for each tier (LFR/Normal/HC/Mythic AND HonorPvP/ConqPvP/ElitePvP).

And I do believe that's what most of us thought when they announced the new approach, instead they cut down on a TON of work to save money. And that's all it's about now - how to make enough money, because they are losing subs in a record speed and are now just milking it for what its worth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xu Sheng View Post
    They look like dungeon tiers...

They didn't have the talent to create new things for the event (always a hearthstone now), so new sets ...
    It's not about the talent or skill, it's the funding. We've had some good looking sets over the years, so they clearly know how to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

I'm sure there are better tallies for how many sets we have gotten per expansion.

But so far:
    -Dungeon sets, 4 armor proficiencies, 2 continents, is 8 sets
    -Pvp/warfront, 4 armor proficiencies, 2 factions, 2 seasons, is 16 sets
    -Raids, 4 armor proficiencies, 2 raids, is 8 sets

So far 32 sets. Not to mention the 4 sets from heritage. 36 total

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Thanks, never really paid attention to the q/a and such so that slipped past me.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    we seem to be getting the biggest patch ever so if that's maintenance that pretty good.
    Enjoy then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Enjoy then.
    Ah yes the good old "quantity over quality" thing lol.

Seriously 8.2 is just another example of quantity isn't always the best.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Ah yes the good old "quantity over quality" thing lol.

Seriously 8.2 is just another example of quantity isn't always the best.
    what patches would you say are of a higher quality?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    While I appreciate the math putting it into context, did you count the pvp sets in legion as unique sets as well? The pvp sets in BfA are recolours of the warfront sets, and the pvp sets in 8.2 seem to be recolours of the raid sets.

If you count them all as individual sets in both expansions, good stuff. If you didn’t, I might wanna change the math for that. I haven’t mathed on it myself, so I’m merely asking out of curiosity!
    I counted raid sets and pvp sets in Legion as the same thing and pvp sets and warfront sets in BfA as the same thing, since I'm not counting simple recolors as their own unique sets. Otherwise I'd count all of the Island recolors as new sets.

Quote Originally Posted by pinelakias View Post
    Having quanity means shit if the quality is low. Out of those 60~ whatever sets you said, I liked... maybe 7? Or 8? Something like that. Seems like they were lying to me. If you honestly say you like most of those 60~ sets, I've got to sell you some of my clothes, they are really fashionable, you will love them, etc. :P
    I actually do happen to like most BfA sets. Some of them are actually some of my favorite sets in game.

I realize that's all completely subjective though, so it would be fair for someone to say Blizzard's effort was misplaced if they don't like the sets in BfA and in fact that would be perfectly reasonable for those that only play one faction since a lot of the sets are faction locked, but there's no denying there's more effort overall than in Legion.

Edit: Since I'm never one to miss an opportunity to shit on the faction divide, I'd just like to add that this is yet another way the faction divide is bad for the game. Objectively, Blizzard put more effort into BfA's armor than probably any other expansion but because a good chunk of it is faction locked people don't realize it. There's not even any good reason for most of it since they've let Alliance have Horde themed stuff before with the Garrosh heirloom weapons.
    Last edited by seleri; 2019-04-22 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Armor design was always one of the weaker points of WoW. There's a few good ones, but a very large portion of armor designs are just incredibly bland, simplistic, and uninspired.
    Its something thats pissed me off a lot in wow. You'd think armor sets would have a better priority for quality and 'wow factor' but no, especially lately they are sub par. Hell either they no longer have the talent or the budget to do proper individual class sets when bfa came out.
    “to wear an improper expression on your face was itself a punishable offence. There was even a word for it in Newspeak: FACECRIME, it was called.”

7+ Year Old Account
    Its something thats pissed me off a lot in wow. You'd think armor sets would have a better priority for quality and 'wow factor' but no, especially lately they are sub par. Hell either they no longer have the talent or the budget to do proper individual class sets when bfa came out.
    It can’t be a budget issue with them putting out more sets then they did in legion, hell it’s proabbly the Same artist from legion making theses sets.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=291246/...ace-armor-sets

These sets look absolutely horrible. And they promised we'd have more raids/dungeons with their own unique sets and that hasn't happened either. Now, some might like the simplistic design, but they are all just so uninspired, the cloth mythic one is the only one with any real draw. Perhaps if Heroic didn't look the same as reg and reg didn't look the same as LFR it would be bearable. But these are just so very boring.

Thoughts?
    Imean to me the sets have been shite since Cataclysm honestly.

And this move since removing Tier sets to me just cries "We have less resources so we can't do as much now" which shocks me, I mean It's WoW It's suppose to be their stamle franchine. When I wear a raid armor I feel like any other random tit that wears plate as well, not a bananadin, or a warlock or a rogue with a unique beautiful set.

I mean some of the basic sets you get from dungeons or LFR look better than mythic shiz. And It definitely DOES NOT help that the colours are apparently a determinating fact in colour. Red Is apparently highest difficulty quality drop tint. So red tinted stuff is likely from mythic, why? Red on some clothing is just bad looking and wouldn't even suit a transmog.

It's so arbitrary and annoying I wish we had a Tint system In soon as possible because this system is another reason why the game is having a harsh time and other MMOs are able to overtake.

In my opinion, they're loosing another advantage WoW has, great tier armor sets per class per tier set, mostly 3 per expansion bar Wrath that had 4 tiers. It's the same advantage loss I felt In every expansion, In legion It was the animations most of all.

Most people don't think on this, at least not the casuals who haven't played 14 bloody years like I did (Why am I still here...) and got used to UNIQUE animations for melee, ranged per race and gender. But they changed that to generic overly colourful and flashy animations per melee and ranged for ALL races and genders with some of the old unique animations here and there during default auto attack.

When I heard they were making new animations I had high hopes, I was "Obviously" thinking they would use this advantage that no other MMO has to my knowledge, of every race and gender feeling unique due to their animations, I mean we've all jumped around doing a male Orc or male Human two handed special attack... right?... ahem.

But I was so disapointed to see not only animations that looked too flashy, but, stretched your character In a silly way It's hilarious. I have fraps and sony vegas pro, so I can record stuff and examine It in detail after the fact just for fun. And If you do that, watch the animations frame by frame It looks so bad honestly. Like the Warrior's Thunder Clap animation that, again, is shared among many, many other abilities in the game. As much as we may praise other departments of Blizzard like Cinematic and Art, It's time to start looking at them as well and saying "You could do better..." but not forget the fact that they're likely under staffed (Especially with the recent layoffs), low morale and everything... really. I can't see how Blizzard Is suppose to make anything great these days with so much rucuss In their offices.

I don't blame them, but at the same time the quality of the game suffers and players will leave.. and that's just a shame. In one way I don't want to just blame the hard working develoeprs and I'm not. I blame the higher ups and always will for understaffing, under resourcing and badly managing their staff In the first place.
    Last edited by TheVaryag; 2019-04-22 at 04:25 AM.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I mean just because you only use one doesn't mean its any less effort to make them, you couldn't use all 13 tier sets either but no one is gonna pretend that there was only 3 in each raid.
    On a side note here, I liked that as a clothie I could get the priest mage and lock tier sets all just from getting random non-tier armor pieces.

Losing the Mythic Cache needed to happen, but man, it helped me out so much in collecting all 3 of the sets when it was current