+ 24

Your 7/10 Steins;Gate rating makes me sad, Val.

4/10 KonoSuba ratings... you're under arrest.
    Last edited by icedwarrior; 2019-04-21 at 11:09 PM.

+ 25

I thought Steins;Gate was a legitimately good show, absolutely would recommend. I can only really remember Okabe and Mayuri, and the story. However, 8/10 and above is where shows or games really resonate with me, like Rurouni Kenshin, War in the Pocket, Seirei no Moribito, etc. I keep thinking about those stories.

I did not like Konosuba's characterization or humor. My favorite comedy is Axis Powers Hetalia. Loved the characters, feels like they are brothers, and I loved the historical meta jokes.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2019-04-21 at 11:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    +23

:Also gave Steins;Gate a 7:

+ 21

I'm 95% giving you shit, Val. We're just not going to agree, with Steins;Gate being my favorite piece of media of all time. What do you mean by "only remember the story", though? As in the main bullet points? Because there's a lot of memorable moments in Steins;Gate... for me, anyways. And you don't remember Kurisu? But he's a guy? Shining Finger? Part Time Warrior? Etc.

KonoSuba was totally my type of show. Darkness Lalatina best girl.

glares at Pendulous ... and I started ReLIFE last night, too!

10+ Year Old Account
    +19

To be fair, I did watch Erased. Very good, much enjoyed. 8.5-ish. Ending was good but just a bit of "wtf" to keep it from being completely satisfied.

+ 21

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I'm 95% giving you shit, Val. We're just not going to agree, with Steins;Gate being my favorite piece of media of all time. What do you mean by "only remember the story", though? As in the main bullet points? Because there's a lot of memorable moments in Steins;Gate... for me, anyways. And you don't remember Kurisu? But he's a guy? Shining Finger? Part Time Warrior? Etc.
    I don't remember the story by heart like I do with other say, FMAB. I remember bits and pieces of the SoL in the first half and the tension throughout the second half. I remember the characters like the maid girl and the shrine girl/boy and Mr. Braun, etc, but the only characters that stood out in my mind were Mayuri and Okabe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    To be fair, I did watch Erased. Very good, much enjoyed. 8.5-ish. Ending was good but just a bit of "wtf" to keep it from being completely satisfied.
    I didn't dislike the ending for the often cited reason that the villain being obvious, but I thought it thematically fit. The show wasn't really about "WHO IS THIS MYSTERY MURDERER?", it was about Satoru wanting to believe in him so much that he ignored the glaring signs. Ignorance in bliss. It's rather sad, only thing keeping it from being a tragedy is that he was pulled out. I found the idea that the villain couldn't live without Satrou, the only person who understood him, to be interesting, but the anime didn't have enough time to do anything with it in the end. As you said, it wasn't a really satisfying ending. Satoru just wakes up, realizes the big bad is keeping him alive, some epilogue scenes show how everyone is doing, and then Satoru and the big bad go to the roof and that plot is resolved.

10+ Year Old Account
    +19

I didn't dislike that aspect of the ending. The WTF moments to me that were confusing or otherwise unexplained:

Satoru's "butterfly effect" triggering again when he "meets" Airi under the bridge. Was it implying something really bad was going down again? Or was that more of the aftereffect of the previous triggerings?

Kayo getting together with the other guy was completely random. I get that she wouldn't end up with Satoru due to the amount of time he was in a coma, but still.

They never explained the quirks that Airi and Kayo shared. Like, supernaturally similar things they said or did that were similar.

+ 21
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

10+ Year Old Account
    + 23

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: omg, i've been a member for 9 years?!

+ 21

It feels like it's been a while, pOO. How's it going?

Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    omg, i've been a member for 9 years?!
    long time no see! hows yous?

+ 23

The grand poobah has returned!

10+ Year Old Account
    + 24

Hai everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    + 21

It feels like it's been a while, pOO. How's it going?
    It has been a few months I think. Very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by notJoyful View Post
    long time no see! hows yous?
    Been insanely busy, but good. How have you been, totallynotjoyful?

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    + 23

The grand poobah has returned!

+25

Herro pOO.

10+ Year Old Account
    +23

"Grand POObah". Not unintentional, I'm sure.