Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's great, lots of time spent enjoying it.

I don't expect the story to wrap up in a satisfying way tho, but gameplay is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Something Feels off. It wasn't terrible, but I lost all interest in it very fast.

Im the same as you OP and I just tried again. Its terrible, it really is.
    For me, the classes just feel terrible. Every class I've tried just feels shitty - though I have enjoyed lvling a void elf warrior. My main since 2005, hunter feels horrible. MM is still shit, honestly BM and MM design needs to be swapped around. MM shouldn't be the 'sit there and be a caster' spec.

A big think I can't get my head around is WoW progression through the expansions. Especially for us players who have been playing from the start, I'd like my character to feel powerful, especially in a lore sense. Its been rising in power from vanilla to now with the accumulation of Legion and having a maxed artifact weapon. Now the weapons power is drained and so is your character, having its spells and abilities culled even more so than they were in legion and expansions before it. From that lore sense it feels shitty that you now do paper weight damage against mobs and practically square one again but with a much more boring and bland class/spec kit.

Though I liked how everything was in MoP as far as classes and abilities go for most.
    Everything just feels bland, the BFA areas feel bland, the quest stories are borderline cringe and the characters in bfa for lack of a better word, are just shit.
    Only other interest I had was lvling alts, but double downing on the legion artifact system but now with 3 armor pieces plus a neck piece having to have a resource grind makes it even more shitter than ever before to enjoy alts. At a point in time of WoW's lifespan where devs should be bending over backwards to make alts fun and rewarding.
    Don't even get me started on the azerite loot lottery crap of most 'upgrades' being downgrades and almost any upgrade being a pointless and shitful chore of work before they become an upgrade, even if borderline.

But I think Classic is coming out in July... we're coming home.
    “to wear an improper expression on your face was itself a punishable offence. There was even a word for it in Newspeak: FACECRIME, it was called.”

I’d have to say, allied races and heritage armour is not enough of a draw card to level alts AGAIN!!! Without challenge mode / skins and the mage tower, there is little reason and almost no enjoyment in levelling an alt. This expansion is all fluff and little substance, and throwing an enormous amount of “content” (war story/wqs/islands/warfronts) does not fool the majority of players into believing this expansion is any better then previous.

For all WoDs downfalls, the CMs gave us a reason to level alts and gear them up.

Legion with less. Story is terrible but that's irrelevant since that has been the case since before warcraft was an mmo. So if you liked m+ or raiding and don't mind your class generally having less going on its fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    A+ for WoW BFA,F score for final fantasy 14.
    I see what you did there, and I lol'd

A+

10+ Year Old Account
    So some people have cited class design as a major failing of BfA. This may be true for some classes, but personally, I find Havoc Demon Hunter and Beastmastery Hunter to be in the best places they've ever been. Havoc is super simple, but incredibly fun and powerful. Beastmastery is easy to pick up, but has enough nuance to differentiate a good hunter from a great one.

Mythic + has really picked up in Season 2. They rebalanced some of the tougher dungeons so that you don't just have some dead keys and the new Reaping affix is a lot of fun. Battle of Dazar'alor is a great raid with some standout fights like Opulence, Mechatorque, and Jaina although I wouldn't say it's a instant classic like some other people. Islands have been improved in terms of flow and reward structure, but they're still pretty boring imo. There's a lot of variety in terms of enemies, but not in terms of mechanics, so fighting a mogu enemy is basically the same as fighting a Tol'vir enemy. Warfronts are still pretty bad. Darkshore is okay, but is still pretty boring honestly. Exploring the warfront areas after you take them over is cool and there's some dope mounts from it.

The story is pretty interesting in my opinion. Definitely some twists and turns that I wouldn't have expected at launch. Hard to judge the story without an ending though so we'll see how it wraps up.

Overall, if you are interested in WoW, I'd wait until like a month before 8.2 comes out to give yourself time to catch up and get ready for the patch and then see how you feel about it after 8.2 is out for a bit. They're doing a lot to try and address some of the issues with BfA. Obviously it'll take another expansion to fully rectify BfA's issues, but I think they're taking a step in the right direction.

If you're interested in MMOs in general I'd say try out GW2, SWTOR, FFXIV, and ESO. They all have strengths and are fun in the short term. That being said I don't think any of them compares in terms of adding enough content to keep people engaged, but they're each great games in their own rights.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    It's better than WoD.
    This makes me laugh every time someone says it...
    At least in WoD I had reason to check all my characters garrisons each day, and attempting to get Gold CMS on every alt gave me a reason to level and gear them.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Legion 0.5

It's alright, Classes function and Azerite can make some classes feel better. Mythic+ is decent and playing with friends is a lot of fun. If it came before Legion it would be considered decent. As it has come it feels like a step back. The War Campaign is very meh version of a Class Hall campaign which we had 12 of before. Missions/Followers and such are more generic. Azerite can be frustrating at times and lack of tier gear removes a big incentive to raid and classes are more simple than before and things you had baseline are now in the talent trees. I felt Legion had a lot more choice in things you did and how you played, even if parts were and illusion of choice. PVP is annoying by the fact changes seem few and far between and PVE gear is more useful for PVP.

Yes I still play and can enjoy the game, especially with friends. But I wouldn't recommend returning if you experienced BFA already and I don't think 8.2 will really change that either.

I could write a lot more here but it's ridic'o'clock and I'm tired
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    So some people have cited class design as a major failing of BfA. This may be true for some classes, but personally, I find Havoc Demon Hunter and Beastmastery Hunter to be in the best places they've ever been. Havoc is super simple, but incredibly fun and powerful. Beastmastery is easy to pick up, but has enough nuance to differentiate a good hunter from a great one.
    I think Havoc is even more fun now than in Legion, and in Legion it was great. I even said on teamspeak with guildies tonight if they tought it would be okay if I changed main to Havoc DH(of course they said yes, because most guild dps are casters lul). It plays so nicely. And seeing that night elf pounding on any target while in metamorphosis is the best feeling in game at the moment. And don't get me started on Eye Beam destroying everything. Loving it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Legion with an annoying GCD that ruins the dynamism of the gameplay without the feeling of being special brought by the artefact and their extra talents.

I hope 8.2 will make this better.

Oh and I forgot the 110-120 leveling that brings NOTHING.

And the faction war story sucks.

Logged in just to reply to this thread.

I too like the OP quit about a month or two into BFA. I got to max level on a warlock and just couldn't stand the time consuming nature of BFA. It feels mostly similar to Legion but for some reason everything felt artificially slowed down in BFA. Spent most of my evenings feeling like all I did in the game was run around. Add to that some of the mobs in quest areas seems like they spawned way too tightly thus making accidental huge pulls which results in my death. It just felt not fun.

Did some heroics on my freshly leveled warlock and ended up with about 3-4 pieces of the same armor which were higher in ilvl but had undesirable traits thus i couldn't use them. The allied races were supposed to be the main selling point and honestly it feels like a cash grab. Time consuming to unlock, then basically useless unless you plan on creating a new character. Or fork over the money for a race change...

I love WoW and played off an on throughout all these expansions. I've quit then come back for some of the expansions. Legion was fun enough that I played all of it from beginning to end. But I gotta say BFA was the only expansion that finally gave me the feeling of "I'm done with WoW."

No, it's not worth it all combined total bullshits on blizzard's decisions. Wait for next xpac is probably best choice or don't come back and play other different game with friends imo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by op3l View Post
    I love WoW and played off an on throughout all these expansions. I've quit then come back for some of the expansions. Legion was fun enough that I played all of it from beginning to end. But I gotta say BFA was the only expansion that finally gave me the feeling of "I'm done with WoW."

Pretty much this.

Legion was better with the artifact weapon. Yet, BFA is better when it is about world quest itemization. I also like the addition of Warfronts, as they give me the large scale content i never would play in raids. Yet, i do not like dungeon content being a brick wall for allied races, and only for alliance players. Which is both a faction bias and unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Frimelda View Post
    Hello all, I am someone who quit a month into Battle For Azeroth and was thinking of possibly trying the game out again and I was wondering what people currently think of the expansion thus far?
    Personally, my major issues are A) the gearing systems - everything gives loot - most of it FAR too high - i believe it is encouraging gameplay styles that are hurting the game. B) the classes - a few are good, most are very bad, the worst they have been for years. No real standouts, but everyone is average at everything, and that makes everyone boring as fuck.

The visuals and sound are very, very good. Game is very disjointed and broken. wait for next patch and try it for a month.

Bored, guild is breaking apart as noone wanna raid... when Crucible came, we had 9 signups (from a raid core of 18 ppl)... i.e. people cba to even go ONCE to the new instance... we havent been there yet and now 3 cancelled raids in a row.... wow is.... (grasp!)... dying!

Tbh tho, the game is def in a steady decline, as an officer I can just say it's hard as hell to keep people motivated, find new recruits and such... But if you think of it, nothing new came in this exp more than shiteislands.... since we got the garrison, artifact weps, WQs and follower table, we have only played reskinned expansions after that. Same same all the time, nothing innovating, just the same WQ, same follower table and same way to gain rep... Heck even several of the raid instances are a reuse of some shite out in the world instead of a proper new look.. boring AF.

I am still subbed but wont be for long if guild breaks, cba with getting these subpar expansions over and over again... /sad as I wanna play!
    Last edited by Dawon; 2019-04-22 at 06:58 AM.

Doesn't feel like an expansion, just a lukewarm patch with bad writting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Bfa is better than Legion but worse than wod.
    You shouldnt waste your time on garbage product
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

The content is decent and the classes are fine, but the reward system is really fucked and makes you not care about anything in the game

I think it is ok.

Pros: introduced some content innovation. 2 separate islands for 2 factions, faction only questlines, warfronts, island expeditions.

Cons: bad gameplay core mechanics. Still AP farming, bad design of Azerite armor, RNG in gearing, same old talents, dull rotations, non-existent class/spec balance.

Tbh, I have never seen wow's balance this bad before. It seems they have totally given up class/spec balance since long time ago.

It seems to me, Blizzard sacrifices gameplay (talents, rotations, specs, class balance, etc ) for content (mythic, island, warfront, assault, etc.) only.