Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I don't think they are going to kill her, that would basically be all of her character progression down the drain, which has been a good half of this series. There's not really to many ways I could think of that would show she's unfit to rule that wouldn't be wildly out of character given how she's been until now.
    What if the Night King raises a bunch of dead Starks, which turns most of the people in the crypts into wights (some of the named ones might escape who maybe notify the rest of what's happening), leading to Dany making a calculated decision to nuke Winterfell with her dragons to keep the wights from overrunning folks killing some other people in the process (maybe Arya or Sansa?), which is what pushes Jon to kill her?

It would be an extreme enough act to get Jon to turn on Dany while also being something I could totally see Martin doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    What if the Night King raises a bunch of dead Starks, which turns most of the people in the crypts into wights (some of the named ones might escape who maybe notify the rest of what's happening), leading to Dany making a calculated decision to nuke Winterfell with her dragons to keep the wights from overrunning folks killing some other people in the process (maybe Arya or Sansa?), which is what pushes Jon to kill her?

It would be an extreme enough act to get Jon to turn on Dany while also being something I could totally see Martin doing.
    Does dragon fire kill wights? I can't remember. I like that theory, though.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I'm not sure it's been confirmed 100%. Fire vs. Ice would seem to suggest it does, but IIRC in the episode beyond the wall, most of the undead "died" from the fire melting the ice and them falling in the water, rather than burning them "alive".

It would be a bit odd if it didn't though, to be honest, as it seems to be their most potent weapon for mass murder. Swords can only kill one at a time, after all. Even Valerion ones.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    You're confused.

You actually have a scene of them hiding on the crypts, in the dark, after the whole burning of the mill boys... that's the actual reveal of them still being alive.

They did 'lure' the dogs to the mill, but that was the whole plan, then hiding in the crypts, or something about reaching the edge of the woods and doubling back.

I'm not confused. There are scenes of them on the road and they even approach the same farm just after Theon's group is shown starting the hunt for them with dogs (on their scent). They left the keep before Theon, that much is clear. Yes they double back but they definitely left the keep by some means, and I'm pretty sure it's through the crypts since it's pretty much the only place the Ironborn aren't.

In either case, nowhere is it stated that there is or isn't a way out through the crypts. But it stands to reason there is, or at least could be. There's really no point in tit-for-tatting this until next week and we see how the "store everyone in the crypts" actually plays out.
    Last edited by Mavick; 2019-04-22 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You think they didn’t burn all the dead as they’ve been preparing?
    Shrug. What makes me wonder is that his death was at Winterfell, off-screen, and no one said anything about what happened to his body. That story arc is probably over, though...it wouldn't make sense to bring him back at this point. He wasn't exactly my favorite character anyway.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was under the assumption that if the dead have fully decayed then they can't be brought back up as wights, making the crypt idea impossible (since all those corpses probably should've decayed by now).

In the name of the Warrior, I charge you to be brave In the name of the Father, I charge you to be just In the name of the Mother, I charge you to defend the innocent Rise, Ser Brienne of Tarth, Knight of the Seven Kingdoms.

the best part!!!!!!!!!!! jaime!!

Quote Originally Posted by Helgrimm View Post
    I was under the assumption that if the dead have fully decayed then they can't be brought back up as wights, making the crypt idea impossible (since all those corpses probably should've decayed by now).
    There were skeletons, in the scene where Jojen died outside the Raven's tree. And since the wights seem to stay "fresh" once they're turned, it's safe to assume skeletons can be raised.

david and dan had to get in one more joke about Kit harington being short didnt they

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyone else hope that Lyanna Mormont gets fucking owned by the White Walkers in the next episode? Not often that we get a 12 year old Mary Sue.
    EXACT feelings and hopes

I'm glad im not alone with Lyanna Mormont. Everyone I see talking about her loves her to bits.

But I find her incredibly annoying and one dimensional and more unrealistic than the dragons

15+ Year Old Account
    Great episode. Was fearing that it would end up in a massive cliffhanger. Oh well, what's one more week!

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

In the trailer when Danny tells Jon "The dead are already here!" Do you think she means the crypt? Does Jon have an 'oh shit' moment and realize what everyone of us had already thought of and apparently all of those in the show forgot about...that the Starks will rise for the Night King?

The Arya-Gendry scene is probably based on that episode from A Dance with Dragons, when Asha and her remaining supporters flee Deepwood Motte before the advancing Stannis, and during a rest Hagen’s daughter disappears to the woods with one of the ironborn with similar intentions than Arya.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Ayyy at least we saw Ghost again!

Also, Arya's sex scene - body double.
    Yea, there was some CGI-ish looks to the sideboob shot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    In the trailer when Danny tells Jon "The dead are already here!" Do you think she means the crypt? Does Jon have an 'oh shit' moment and realize what everyone of us had already thought of and apparently all of those in the show forgot about...that the Starks will rise for the Night King?
    At the same time, aren't they in heavy stone tombs? How would they get out?

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post

- - - Updated - - -
    I think they airbrushed out her nipples.

I think they airbrushed out her nipples.
    I think they put her head on someone elses body like Cersei and her walk of shame. It looked....off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post

- - - Updated - - -

At the same time, aren't they in heavy stone tombs? How would they get out?
    Night King's power? Dunno, this is fantasy...if they want out they'll bust out.

Regardless, I'm calling it now. This whole thing ends in Kings Landing with them allowing the dead to fill the city and Drogon ignites wildfire, blowing up the whole city including the living, the dead, the Night King and every surviving cast member. Fini.

(However, I do pray to the gods old and new that I am absolutely wrong as that's just dumb)
    Last edited by Budong; 2019-04-22 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I'm glad im not alone with Lyanna Mormont. Everyone I see talking about her loves her to bits.
    Her every scene is literally the same thing - a little girl trying to act tough and put the adults in their place. It was somewhat fun the first or even the second time around, but now... it's just boring. So yes - I'm with you guys. Hopefully she dies next week.
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2019-04-22 at 06:24 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    I think they put her head on someone elses body like Cersei and her walk of shame. It looked....off.

- - - Updated - - -

Night King's power? Dunno, this is fantasy...if they want out they'll bust out.

Regardless, I'm calling it now. This whole thing ends in Kings Landing with them allowing the dead to fill the city and Drogon ignites wildfire, blowing up the whole city including the living, the dead, the Night King and every surviving cast member. Fini.

(However, I do pray to the gods old and new that I am absolutely wrong as that's just dumb)
    Haha, well at least that will prevent any calls for a 9th season! Everyone is dead, fini, as you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
    I'm not sure it's been confirmed 100%. Fire vs. Ice would seem to suggest it does, but IIRC in the episode beyond the wall, most of the undead "died" from the fire melting the ice and them falling in the water, rather than burning them "alive".

It would be a bit odd if it didn't though, to be honest, as it seems to be their most potent weapon for mass murder. Swords can only kill one at a time, after all. Even Valerion ones.
    Maybe wights but not white walkers, bear in mind that wights aren't anything special, just raised dead (Wights = Ghouls, WW = Deathknights, Night King = Arthas).
    In the TV series you see the night king walk through a wall of dragon fire extinguishing it. Obviously we haven't got this far in the books so who knows whats cannon and not at this point.

Given that it's confirmed that the Night King was created by the CotF (inserting dragonglass into one of the First Man's chest) - Bran knows this.
    Benjn Stark also had this done to 'save' him from becoming a WW. So the act doesn't seem to make you evil alone.
    I wouldn't be surprised if we saw dragonglass inserted into one of the remaining dragons' chest to create some super-dragon whos obsidian flame(?!) is able to kill WW/NK.