Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Horde MoP 2.0 confirmed.How will the Horde feel.

Nazjatar is like ToT, Bob is pacting “peace” again with the Alliance (Jaina) and wait for Saurfang’s revolution to take heat.

Thrall, Saurfang and Baine. BFA
    Thrall, Vol’jin and Baine. MoP

Save Baine,Kil Sunreaversl (8.2)BFA
    Save Vol'jin,Kill Orc Soldiers(The Horde is family quest line).MoP

BfA resembles so much to the plot of Mists of Pandaria, that Blizzard should be ashamed of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well done, you noticed. No one has ever made this comparison before!

At this point, it's so closely mirrored that it just has to be intentional, which probably means we're in for some sort of stupid twist like "Hah! Gotcha! You thought it was Mists 2.0 but thiiiis time Sylvanas is the one in the right! Take that!"
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

It's super lame and feels cheap since the beginning no matter what the final outcome will be. It's a recycled story. We've seen this already.

https://i.giphy.com/media/JZhsza0552G76/200.gif

It doesn't matter how different will Sylvanas end be in comparison to Garrosh. Everything else is old. Recycled. Seen. I don't mind when they are recycling rigs and animations but I won't praise recycled storylines.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

Quote Originally Posted by Leih View Post
    Well done, you noticed. No one has ever made this comparison before!

At this point, it's so closely mirrored that it just has to be intentional, which probably means we're in for some sort of stupid twist like "Hah! Gotcha! You thought it was Mists 2.0 but thiiiis time Sylvanas is the one in the right! Take that!"
    That assumes Blizzard's story writers have more intelligence than an amoeba. Then again they doubled down on stupid shit and did it again.

Blizz devs are actually aware they are copy pasting MoP, and seem to be intentionally doing so, so I kinda expect them to pull a prank this time. The fact she has been corrupted by the Horde champions opens the possibility of just breaking the dagger and have her survive (as something else than an Anduin lackey) somehow, although I'm aware this is very optimistic from my part. It will 96% still feel lame because genocide is genocide and thus she can't be expected to just walk away without further attempts on her life, nor without the Horde being held responsible from her actions, but fully repeating MoP but without the good stuff simply sucks too hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueHorde View Post
    Nazjatar is like ToT, Bob is pacting “peace” again with the Alliance (Jaina) and wait for Saurfang’s revolution to take heat.

BfA resembles so much to the plot of Mists of Pandaria, that Blizzard should be ashamed of this.

I too read Reddit

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Why would you format your message so it shows your prediction first and then how it was in mop. I think you are just copy pasting stuff for some weird reason.

This is going to be another case of burning of the tree and "its not what you think" scenario..

people will keep expecting a twist or some kind of difference between MOP and BFA until the end because blizz will insist that it will not be the same and surprise it will be exactly the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    exactly this.

I've heard people suggesting that blizzard might push Sylvanas along the Kerrigan route. She'll use the horde to ascend the "death" food chain and once she ascends she'll drop the horde like a sack of bricks.

She won't be an end boss and she won't be part of a faction. Her roll will be more like that of Bwonsamdi.

There's still many ways the story could play out, all of it unconfirmed.

- - - Updated - - -

That being said: As a horde player i'm not to fussed either way. It will be good to remove Sylvanas from of the horde and forsaken. Either through ascension or coup.
    Last edited by insert random number; 2019-04-22 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Spelling.

I actually don't think that we're gonna fight and kill Sylvanas at the end of this xpac. I bet N'Zoth is gonna be the last endboss.

Maybe Sylvanas will blight Ogrimmar as departing gift to the Horde.

I see three options:
    1) "You made me what I am!" Dead Warchief ending. (not likely)
    2) "Draenor is free!" Redeemed Warchief without redemption arc ending. (more likely)
    3) "You are not prepared" Contrived retro-redemption arc ending. (most likely)

I kinda think Blizzard has run out of ideas for the story and needs to recycle stuff for the story to keep going.

I'm still waiting for the big twist, because they said Sylvanas would not be Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Soot View Post
    I'm still waiting for the big twist, because they said Sylvanas would not be Garrosh.
    Garrosh was the end boss and his own independent entity who mastered the heart of an old god and was on his way to winning the war before the mass rebellion in 5.3. Sylvanas is going to be fodder in the next expansion or a second to last boss in an N'zoth raid, immediately mind-controlled upon seeing an old god knife and was already losing despite commanding 'the loyalty of the people' and being opposed by like ten dudes that she doesn't just kill.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

"Ha, you thought it's MoP 2.0, but in reality it's only 99% of MoP!"

Except this time Sylvanas will win and all the traitors will be killed.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I never understood how some people are okay to live with themselves after spouting out a complete lie in an attempt to make it a fact.

BFA, does not resemble MoP in so many ways.
    Really?

Warchief goes off the deep end? check.
    Said warchief does things to Horde members that make the other Horde leaders question their loyalties? Yep.
    Open rebellion breaks out? Getting there.
    Warchief starts messing with an old god related item for more power? Dagger instead of old god heart, close enough.

I don’t know, those are some pretty hefty similarities here, maybe a different ending, but so far it’s a close match.

It's totally not MoP guys, despite everything being the same.