View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Plenty of things can happen without declaration of war.
    War for example, as your exampel shows, but that is not the point here.

- - - Updated - - -

What stops UK from just shipping unwanted migrants to EU like Libya then?

If they are not bound by EU regulations, they don't have to accept them either.
    They cannot land them without the EU's (or respective member state's) agreement (or they would be declaring war).

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    They cannot land them without the EU's (or respective member state's) agreement (or they would be declaring war).
    Really? Is that only worked for Libya because EU members already declared war on it previously?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    So do we have any idea when we can expect anything of value to happen in this drama? Is anything scheduled for after the Easter recess?
    Well, the most value we're getting is that the UK's current behaviour is shifting the mood in the EU. There's a FT.com article hinting that October will be the final deadline as European leaders witness the UK doing fuck all to address the situation right now and the only political noise out of the UK comes from Farage...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    I agree. The issue as it stands with the Calais migrant camps is a joint issue (or at least supposed to be). It won't be that way for much longer, or at least it will become a lot more complicated. However people think they are sticking one in the eye of Johnny Foreigner, land of hope and glory and all of that jazz, so just now I don't imagine too many people care about that at this moment in time.
    You guys realise that Calais hasn't existed since 2016, when it was cleared, right? I mean, of course racist bigots conveniently forget to remind the public that the scare they used to rile everyone up vanished, but really... you need to stop discussing fantasies.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    effectively a declaration of war by the EU on the UK. The EU started it.

But yes in those circumstances we would respond. Bigly.
    Strongly beginning to suspect that you aren't actually British.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    I think his point is: Amalaric is trolling.

However, if you discard the confrontational tone of Amalaric's bullet points e.g., the EU will force the UK and so on, there are important points a Brexiteer should cede here.
    Yeah I do legitimately want to know what the fuck the plan with Gibraltar is.

And of course Ireland as we all know. Except maybe drib-drib.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Well, the most value we're getting is that the UK's current behaviour is shifting the mood in the EU. There's a FT.com article hinting that October will be the final deadline as European leaders witness the UK doing fuck all to address the situation right now and the only political noise out of the UK comes from Farage...
    More than just noise, some would say an unstoppable force. This man is raising £50 a minute from UK voters to use against the EU and deliver democracy to the people, whilst the Tories are going bust...

Nigel Farage’s Brexit Party has signed up 60,000 paying supporters in just nine days with £50 a minute boosting its coffers

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/890622...ly-nottingham/

13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Thanks for that long irrelevant post. The UK is leaving the EU remember. That hightlighted word were a helping hand in the perspective of my post. Which were an extension of a long list of ‘what if’s’, yet you prefered to nitpick on a small part of a post apparently taken out of a longer context.
    No problem, although I see that it has advanced your understanding of the issue no further. As I said the highlighted word does not make your perspective correct. I am not nitpicking you made a statement that was incorrect and are, as usual, trying to shift the goalposts in order to avoid acknowledging you have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    More than just noise, some would say an unstoppable force. This man is raising £50 a minute from UK voters to use against the EU and deliver democracy to the people, whilst the Tories are going bust...

Nigel Farage’s Brexit Party has signed up 60,000 paying supporters in just nine days with £50 a minute boosting its coffers

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/890622...ly-nottingham/
    What, exactly will he spend the money on? Fake videos of immigrants sneaking into the country and beating up women like Leave.UK did?

You guys realise that Calais hasn't existed since 2016, when it was cleared, right? I mean, of course racist bigots conveniently forget to remind the public that the scare they used to rile everyone up vanished, but really... you need to stop discussing fantasies.
    You do realise that even though the jungle was ripped down, there are still migrants there? They are more scattered but are still there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

You do realise that even though the jungle was ripped down, there are still migrants there? They are more scattered but are still there.
    They have to be somewhere. Stop freaking out over this shit, you're not even anywhere near Calais.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder how much of that £50 a minute is Aaron Banks.

£50 a minute is £650 000 total so far...

50x60 = 3000 an hour
    3000 x 24 x 9 = 648 000...

IS that even much for a political party to have, I would have thought there were single donations to Labour or Conservatives that equal that amount, but hey, I know jack shit
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

They have to be somewhere. Stop freaking out over this shit, you're not even anywhere near Calais.
    Eh? I have a feeling that wires are being confused.

I am not freaking out over anything....what do you think I am saying? I commented further back to another poster not to underestimate how much people dislike Poles and Muslims, and therefore don't be shocked as to what they would support. Someone replied talking about Calais. I hadn't even thought about it. I replied to that person. That is it...then you came in with a rather aggressive tone (sorry if that isn't what you meant, but it came across like that, especially this comment I am currently quoting) talking about "freaking out", I really don't know what I have said to make you respond like that.

I merely replied to your post, using a similar tone, to point out that Calais is infact, still there, and that there are migrants still in that area....that is it. Not making any kind of commentary/judgement on the plight of people there/any perceived threat that they pose (I don't consider them one, and nothing I have said has suggested this, it is as if you are responding to comments that I made only in your head), just pointing out the factual inaccuracy in your comment, that is it.

EDIT:

I think that not following the posts I was replying to (understandable, it is difficult) you have taken the wrong meaning from what I was saying.
    Last edited by tehealadin; 2019-04-22 at 01:17 PM.

Eh? I have a feeling that wires are being confused.

I am not freaking out over anything....what do you think I am saying? I commented further back to another poster not to underestimate how much people dislike Poles and Muslims, and therefore don't be shocked as to what they would support. Someone replied talking about Calais. I hadn't even thought about it. I replied to that person. That is it...then you came in with a rather aggressive tone (sorry if that isn't what you meant, but it came across like that, especially this comment I am currently quoting) talking about "freaking out", I really don't know what I have said to make you respond like that.

I merely replied to your post, using a similar tone, to point out that Calais is infact, still there, and that there are migrants still in that area....that is it. Not making any kind of commentary/judgement on the plight of people there/any perceived threat that they pose (I don't consider them one, and nothing I have said has suggested this, it is as if you are responding to comments that I made only in your head), just pointing out the factual inaccuracy in your comment, that is it.
    If you read my post, you'll notice that I wasn't addressing just you, I was addressing everyone discussing it. People like Farage are the ones that I'm attacking here, really. And reminding you lot that you're being deceived about the importance of this matter.

If you read my post, you'll notice that I wasn't addressing just you, I was addressing everyone discussing it. People like Farage are the ones that I'm attacking here, really. And reminding you lot that you're being deceived about the importance of this matter.
    You quoted me, so I assume you are addressing me. What am I being deceived about? You are responding to me about comments I haven't made. I don't listen to Farage (I think he is a dangerous buffoon who is poisoning the well), nothing I have posted has claimed that or could imply that I have, absolutely nothing. You literally cannot find anything I have posted that any reasonable person would read as support for Farage or his ideas. I am utterly baffled as to why you think this. Your responses imply that the posts you are responding to are making claims about Calais being a big issue and/or by a poster who clearly thinks it is. The content of the posts you are responding to do not support that conclusion.

As I said, some other person brought it up (I didn't), regarding people wanting to stick it to migrants, and that leaving the EU might cause an issue with France and Calais, in that those who want to stick it to Johnny Foreigner might create unintended problems for themselves that go against their supposed aims. I merely agreed that this point might be valid, e.g. they want to get rid of migrants and leaving the EU would make this more difficult (which I would find funny to be honest, the "ugh, fuck the immigrants get em out!" attitude leading to a course of action that could potentially make it more difficult for them to do this, essentially shooting themselves in the foot, the prospect of this, however remote, amuses me, indeed the only silver lining, the only comfort I can take from this entire shitshow is that I will likely be able to enjoy some schadenfreude ). Simply discussing that idea does not endorse the sentiment behind them. That someone brought it up, and I replied to one comment on it, is not me freaking out over Calais, or somehow buying into Farage's scare stories about the migrant hordes.

You have attributed a whole set of motivations to me that are firstly wrong, but secondly, based on my posts, unwarranted. I just cannot fathom how you drew these conclusions. The most charitable I can be is that in not being able to follow my posts (given the nature of forums, this is understandable and happens all the time) we simply have a case of crossed wires.

Just so I am clear- I have not posted anything passing judgement on the migrant situation in Calais. These are desperate people trying to find a better life and who need aid (in my opinion). I do not view them as a threat to the UK and have never made any claims that they do, implicit or explicit. Nor do I spend too much time thinking about them, I do not view immigration as the threat that other people do, my part of the world doesn't have much, therefore other political issues are higher on my list of priorities. I did not raise any Calais "issue" in this thread, I simply responded to someone else who did. Who replied to my, a post where I lampooned the type of person who voted for Brexit because they don't like Poles and Muslims (almost every post I have made in this thread has made this point, whilst I accept that there are respectable reasons to vote for Brexit, this doesn't describe all Brexit voters, there is a significant chunk who voted out of sheer ignorance, who are being exploited by Farage at el, and I think it is important that we don't lose sight of that, I doubt Brexit would have won without that core of people). That alone should indicate that I don't think like Farage.

You're taking this way beyond a reasonable discussion. I'm ending it here, you said your piece and that's good enough.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Wonder how much of that £50 a minute is Aaron Banks.
    Well our Nigel has said he won't take funding from Arron Banks.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    £50 a minute is £650 000 total so far...

50x60 = 3000 an hour
    3000 x 24 x 9 = 648 000...

IS that even much for a political party to have, I would have thought there were single donations to Labour or Conservatives that equal that amount, but hey, I know jack shit
    It is a huge sum and growing by the minute. Especially since the Tories have openly said they don't have the funds to fight the European elections. Unless they get rid of May pronto they are finished.

A senior Conservative party official is having to spend his own money to help the party meet the costs of the European elections, it has been reported.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk...l-having-spend

They should have done as the electorate commanded them to. Now our Nigel will do it for us. Next target all those Labour leave constituencies in Brexitshire outside of London with MP's who don't represent them. This is unprecedented.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

You're taking this way beyond a reasonable discussion. I'm ending it here, you said your piece and that's good enough.
    I disagree, I think you have been utterly unreasonable in attributing motivations to me that aren't supported at all. It would be like me quoting your post here then making out that you said something racist. You clearly didn't, but I will just make the claim anyway. That is essentially how you behaved with me. There was no clear, or even vague hint of, any kind of pro Farage/anti immigrant sentiment in the post you quoted. We appear to agree on the UKIP mob, so I hope you will understand why I am not happy to be wrongfully smeared with their brush. I am merely trying to articulate why I think you misread my post and motivations. Nay, I would go as so far as to say that you blatantly have misinterpreted it, you aren't stupid and you aren't some "SJW" type who willfully pulls words out of context just to create an opportunity to virtue signal, so the only real answer is a case of misunderstanding. However you are clearly not interested in entertaining the idea that you misinterpreted my post and mis-attributed motivations to me that aren't there.

So yea, there is no point in continuing. You are incapable of being reasonable in this regard at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    No problem, although I see that it has advanced your understanding of the issue no further. As I said the highlighted word does not make your perspective correct. I am not nitpicking you made a statement that was incorrect and are, as usual, trying to shift the goalposts in order to avoid acknowledging you have no idea what you're talking about.
    Oh it’s a ‘personal’ issue you have with me for some reason. Your nitpicking and vague ad hominem makes sense then, there’s no point for us to have a “debate”. Sure you agree that it’s a vaste for both of us. Luckily others managed to understand the ‘could be’ issue.
    Last edited by Crispin; 2019-04-22 at 02:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Our Nigel" says a lot of things.

A lot of it turns out to be total bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    "Our Nigel" says a lot of things.

A lot of it turns out to be total bullshit.
    A thoroughly detestable man. The way he back peddled over some of the leave campaign claims once the vote was won especially riled me. Happy for people to believe them during the campaign, then tries to "save" his "integrity" in the aftermath by pointing out that the 350 million per week for the NHS was bullshit. It baffles me that people want to be led by him. Alas, tis the world we live in. I mean, even if you are eurosceptic, his flaws are manifest.