Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Urgamanix View Post
    I shake my head at how easy it is to fix the gearing issues that exist in today's game.

- remove titanforging. Each item now can be increased upto x ilevels via "enchantment dust". Each level increase takes more "dust xp".
    - dust has normal, rare, epic, legendary rank. Higher rank, more xp.
    - harder the content, better the dust. Quantity can be a bit rng. Lose a bg, 5 normal dust. Win a bg, 4 rare dust. Etc. No dust for arenas, raids - this is to promote a variety of content
    - it should obviously take a while to max the ilevels on an item
    - disenchanting an item returns an amount of dust related to the dust xp on the item to minimise temptation of stockpiling dust. Either that or give the dust an expiry date.
    - dust is boa
    - can rope in professions. Leatherworkers get 1.5x dust xp for leather items, jewelcrafters 1.5x dust xp for items with sockets. Miners can get small amounts of dust from mining. Inscription gets a base 1.25x increase over all items.
    - possible gain of a small "additional secondary stat" for maxing the dust xp / ilevel
    - then, remove better items from easy sources. Better equipment journey while still maintain the value of a variety of content.
    Where do u read this? that's exactly what they are doing to solve the Titan/Warforged problems in this xpac. Tbh I dont see too much issues with the actual system, Just make a vendor like Azerithe gear works, and to buy put any "new dust"/"new coin"/"new essence" to buy it and is fixed.

Regarding Classic Alpha begin tested, those employers are WORKING or PLAYING?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh goody. Nothing better than welfare epics that invalidate the current tier. Good job Blizzard, now you wonder why so many people are getting burned out over your crappy game.

Remember when they actually added new content that had higher ilvl rewards?

This is just pathetically lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post

Titanforge is the objectively best thing to happen to wow, most crying is about how the plebs don't have to bow to epeen and feels based so must be disregarded since it's just egoism.
    I don't think you know what "objectively" means....

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quite happy with these changes, but with how integral emissary pieces are to the game experience I'd rather they just put emissary Azerite pieces at heroic quality instantly instead. We've been gearing our friend up this week after he returned to the game, and after 15-20 M+ he's still running around with two old 390 pieces (3 rings). We don't raid so it'll take 4-6 weeks to get him a single set of 415 pieces (with random traits), good traits probably even longer. That's just too long.

Just do like Uldir instead where the Azerite powers are powerful in the instance they are found if you're worried this waters out the quality of heroic Azerite pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post
    I don't think you know what "objectively" means....
    And if it was "objectively the best thing to happen to wow" the devs wouldn't be looking at changing it heavily, or more likely, removing it entirely. So, definitely not "objectively the best thing to happen to wow"

Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    Literally both.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    since ive been beta testing Battle of Dazar alor for the last thousand years i feel like an employee. Let me get in on that alpha test

Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    Working hard while playing maybe?
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

When I read these comments of people QQ on blizz giving free gear and complaining I see a bunch of kids who have too much time on their hands.

Blizz gives this gear to allow people who do not have time to play the high end content but want to play the game regardless. Most people have jobs, partners and kids and cannot dedicate the time for mythic raiding. If you piss those of with unobtainable gear, bye bye wow. Its the adults who keep this game going not a bunch of 15 yr olds who make their parents pay for their sub. Try Mythic raiding with a professional job, a wife and kids and you will not even get past the first boss.

Quote Originally Posted by jcachia View Post
    When I read these comments of people QQ on blizz giving free gear and complaining I see a bunch of kids who have too much time on their hands.

Blizz gives this gear to allow people who do not have time to play the high end content but want to play the game regardless. Most people have jobs, partners and kids and cannot dedicate the time for mythic raiding. If you piss those of with unobtainable gear, bye bye wow. Its the adults who keep this game going not a bunch of 15 yr olds who make their parents pay for their sub. Try Mythic raiding with a professional job, a wife and kids and you will not even get past the first boss.
    No it's really not. Because this method isn't working either and people aren't sticking around for it.

You should not get a 385 piece of gear because you can draw a triangle or kill 10 boars. There has to be some semblance of effort in the reward and the current system does not reward that unless you do Mythic.

And if you barely have time to play as you put it then you don't really need 385 gear. 350 is more than enough for both the story and LFR. And LFR drops 370. At most world quest rewards and emissary rewards should be 360-370.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-04-22 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    No it's really not. Because this method isn't working either and people aren't sticking around for it.

You should not get a 385 piece of gear because you can draw a triangle or kill 10 boars. There has to be some semblance of effort in the reward and the current system does not reward that unless you do Mythic.

And if you barely have time to play as you put it then you don't really need 385 gear. 350 is more than enough for both the story and LFR. And LFR drops 370. At most world quest rewards and emissary rewards should be 360-370.

Well I for one am enjoying the game, even with my lack of time. However I also would like to pug a normal or even a heroic raid every once in a while. However as I am sure you are aware, everyone demands absurd gear level for H. Most heroic pugs require 400 Ilvl when the raid its self gives 400 Ilvl. Thus you need some places to gear up. The emissary quests give good Ilvl but dont have the azerite traits you need to compete high end with 5 rings, so it serves its purpose.

People just feel that having a ZOMG 425 char in wow gives them some sort of entitlement that others shouldn't get that because they did high end raiding. Well if the game is made only for high end raiders, it would be dead. I used to raid in BC when I was a teen with loads of time on my hands. Yet is still would like to enjoy the game. Blizz business model caters for everyone. Hardcore people can do hard raids while busy people have other options too. Just because a person can get max Ilvl cause he has time to raid, doesn't mean that others shouldn't just because they don't have time. Its a game after all, which everyone seems to forget and thus its done for FUN. When the game is turned off, all of us have to go back to our real lives and do actual stuff which does actual meaning.

Will Warfront gear and quest reward item level also be increased?

Who wants to do Classic PTR?

WHO?

Is the item level increase coming the same day lfr/mythic? or is it another case of "coming sometime in the future, we don't know when"?

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I guess that’s a good point. Though the new raid doesn’t offer much gear wise outside of 1-2 specific things. I’m not quite sure how BoD as a raid is coming to an end when we have quite a while (most likely) until 8.2s raid. Assuming it comes out in July, BoD would’ve been out for 7 months which is why I’m questioning it.
    If you assume a raid set to come out in mid to late May is going to come out in July, that sounds like a "you" problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    MMorpg are about grinds? because its one of the main reasons i play one.
    That's why they should have left WQs alone. People should have to clear Uldir to gear up for BfD to gear up for 8.2. And have to clear normal, heroic, mythic dungeons to get into raids.

That being said, on the mythic raid side, I'd like motivation to do WQs. Especially since I got my neck to 50 and azerite is worthless now.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    If you assume a raid set to come out in mid to late May is going to come out in July, that sounds like a "you" problem.
    Don't know what you've been smoking but 8.2 ain't coming out til mid to late june, which puts the next raid in late june early july which is right on schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Do I have some bad news for you then; they said they like titanforging because it "always gives you something to hope for."
    When people do "alt runs" of whatever raid on normal, I go with on my main and carry them. Why? TFs. I got a 420 socketed trinket from Conclave on a normal run. That's good for the game.

If that same item had some to some shitty 365 ilvl guy getting carried, that would have been bad for the game.

Titanforging is a good system because it encourages "mythic raiders" to still do heroic and normal. They just need to skew the TF chances based on ilvl, so someone with crappy ilvl getting carried never gets a high TF item. They should even skew it so the 415 carrying guy has a BETTER chance of getting a TF if there are lots of undergeared people in the group.

Can you imagine? LFG groups demanding LOW ilvl people to indirectly funnel TF drops to carries?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Agreed with this, Arathi warfront still giving 370 for the end of week reward, just makes it not worth the pain. Even on brand new characters. World bosses are only worth doing despite the low ilvl, because it's so quick and easy, but you do 1 and by the end of that week you don't need any more world boss ilvl gear.

I don't agree with increasing the ilvls of old raids though, not as long as TF exists. It will increase the pressure to go back and get bis items when you should be focusing on new content.
    I agree but it is wrong to increase WQ/whatever faceroll content rewards without increasing raid rewards.

My 385 + socket construct overcharger that I got the first week of mythic Uldir is better than many 410 trinkets for me already. I really should be farming that weekly for a chance at a better forge as is. If they upped the ilvl I'd definitely have to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    I really hope there will not be a public beta for classic.
    Right now everybody has to work with what he remembers from 2006 and/or old videos/guides.

I want that to stay this way.
    Pretending private servers don't exist?

There has been over a decade of theory poured on top of the 2006 content. People who think they were good back then are going to get absolutely obliterated by people who have kept up with the theory improvements since then.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post

- - - Updated - - -

That's why they should have left WQs alone. People should have to clear Uldir to gear up for BfD to gear up for 8.2. And have to clear normal, heroic, mythic dungeons to get into raids.

That being said, on the mythic raid side, I'd like motivation to do WQs. Especially since I got my neck to 50 and azerite is worthless now.
    You think eternal palace is coming out in May? We just entered the PTR testing for a really large patch and it’s almost the end of April. Most PTRs take 2-3 months of testing, we’ve barely had a week. I’m not sure if trolling or just really ignorant but holy hell thats some stupid shit.