View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Oh it’s a ‘personal’ issue you have with me for some reason. Your nitpicking and vague ad hominem makes sense then, there’s no point for us to have a “debate”. Sure you agree that it’s a vaste for both of us. Luckily others managed to understand the ‘could be’ issue.
    Not at all. You made an a statement that was incorrect which I explained why it was incorrect and now rather than admit your error you shift the goalposts and claim that you were saying what could happen.

I agree that it is a waste of time attempting to discuss this issue but ultimately if you refuse to acknowledge when you are wrong and believe that someone pointing out that you are wrong and explaining why is a form of personal attack you will never learn.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Well our Nigel has said he won't take funding from Arron Banks.

It is a huge sum and growing by the minute. Especially since the Tories have openly said they don't have the funds to fight the European elections. Unless they get rid of May pronto they are finished.

A senior Conservative party official is having to spend his own money to help the party meet the costs of the European elections, it has been reported.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk...l-having-spend

They should have done as the electorate commanded them to. Now our Nigel will do it for us. Next target all those Labour leave constituencies in Brexitshire outside of London with MP's who don't represent them. This is unprecedented.
    You do realize that the MEPs have no domestic power? UKIP returned many MEPs for the last two cycles, but how many seats in Westminster did that support yield? European Parliament members cannot dictate domestic policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    You do realize that the MEPs have no domestic power? UKIP returned many MEPs for the last two cycles, but how many seats in Westminster did that support yield? European Parliament members cannot dictate domestic policy.
    Do you think he'll acknowledge the irony in your last statement?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Well our Nigel has said he won't take funding from Arron Banks.
    Is he getting it direct from the Russians this time?

7+ Year Old Account
    What's the point of them then? Why waste tax payers money funding something useless like the EU? You validate every brexiteers POV. Get rid of the EU and no one will notice. Oh the irony...

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Is he getting it direct from the Russians this time?
    Ha! I'm English and I was amongst the 3000 who signed up yesterday...

The rise of the @brexitparty_uk is extraordinary. Some 3,000 members signed up yesterday (Easter Sunday), raising an estimated £75,000.

https://twitter.com/christopherhope/...91325264498696

Incredible!
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Ha! I'm English and I was amongst the 3000 who signed up yesterday...

The rise of the @brexitparty_uk is extraordinary. Some 3,000 members signed up yesterday (Easter Sunday), raising an estimated £75,000.

https://twitter.com/christopherhope/...91325264498696

Incredible!
    It certainly is impressive how the Brexit Party seems to be hoovering up the out at any cost voters but I am not sure much has changed in terms of support for Brexit and I don't think that, assuming they go ahead, EP elections will really tell us much.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    It certainly is impressive how the Brexit Party seems to be hoovering up the out at any cost voters but I am not sure much has changed in terms of support for Brexit and I don't think that, assuming they go ahead, EP elections will really tell us much.
    They will tell us that Brexit has the support of about 30% of those that vote. Or about 20% of the voters. Or about 12% of the country. Dribbles will then tell us that means that democratically we should leave, nuke the EU and crucify all the unbelievers in this country.

Personally I'm looking forward to an investigation into exactly where this money is coming from. Because Farage is, and always has been, a lying fuck. If he is telling us it's all coming from individuals, it's a racing certainty that a bunch of it is coming from somewhere else. I'm pretty sure that there is oversight around this, and based on how stupid the Brexit crowd has been in the past, the chances of them getting caught are pretty high.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

What's the point of them then? Why waste tax payers money funding something useless like the EU? You validate every brexiteers POV. Get rid of the EU and no one will notice. Oh the irony...
    Yet again you show you know fuck all about the EU.

MEPs vote on European Union business. How to implement Brexit is not European Union business. MEPs have no say in whether or not to grant an extension to Brexit. That decision is made by the heads of government of the member states and Donald Tusk.

Therefore MEPs like Farage and his bunch of otherwise unelectable individuals and the BNP/EDL neo-nazis that have taken over UKIP (i.e. the ones you want to win) will not be able to influence how Brexit happens.

If you want to influence how Brexit happens (and overcome the 400+ vote majority for not leaving without a deal) you need to vote for MPs in Westminster.

Your falling for Farage's latest publicity stunt won't change a thing.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2019-04-22 at 04:19 PM.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account

MEPs vote on European Union business. How to implement Brexit is not European Union business. MEPs have no say in whether or not to grant an extension to Brexit. That decision is made by the heads of government of the member states and Donald Tusk.

Therefore MEPs (like Farage and his bunch of otherwise unelectable individuals) will not be able to influence how Brexit happens.

If you want to influence how Brexit happens (and overcome the 400+ vote majority for not leaving without a deal) you need to vote for MPs in Westminster.

on a side note: MEPs ARE entitled to vote on ratification of WA, but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    on a side note: MEPs ARE entitled to vote on ratification of WA, but that's it.
    Yeah, but the MEPs returned by UKIP and BrP are not going to be enough to influence that decision. Everybody else will vote for it, if only to no longer have to listen to his hypocritical rants about MEPs having their noses in the trough.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Ugh.....

Absolutely ugh.

In fairness, I've yet to view a political video message that hasn't elicited that response. But that was particularly awful.

- - - Updated - - -

And on to real news: trouble in NI last night. "Dissident republicans" firing on police. A journalist killed. Most "post-conflict" violence has been loyalist on loyalist, republican on republican. Is this the sign of things to come?
    This is the sign of all the times before the GFA which now goes down the drain.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    They will tell us that Brexit has the support of about 30% of those that vote. Or about 20% of the voters. Or about 12% of the country. Dribbles will then tell us that means that democratically we should leave, nuke the EU and crucify all the unbelievers in this country.

Personally I'm looking forward to an investigation into exactly where this money is coming from. Because Farage is, and always has been, a lying fuck. If he is telling us it's all coming from individuals, it's a racing certainty that a bunch of it is coming from somewhere else. I'm pretty sure that there is oversight around this, and based on how stupid the Brexit crowd has been in the past, the chances of them getting caught are pretty high.
    What is there to investigate? The UK electoral process is very transparent and open to all. It is just sour grapes on the part of fringe remain party supporters such as yourself that you want to interrogate the contents of tens of thousands of mainstream brexiteers back pockets who choose to spend their hard earned on the Brexit party.

Therefore MEPs like Farage and his bunch of otherwise unelectable individuals and the BNP/EDL neo-nazis that have taken over UKIP (i.e. the ones you want to win) will not be able to influence how Brexit happens.

The very fact the UK is compelled to send MEP's to the EU is a disgrace. The will of the people is that the UK wants nothing to do with EU business and yet the EU occupying force makes us. So damn right the UK will send the most anti EU MEP's possible.

As for Farage having no influence over brexit that is laughable. The only reason there was a brexit referendum in the first place was because of our Nigel. The only reason the Tory and Labour party are shitting their pants over their respective brexit policies right now is because of our Nigel.

Farage gave the UK its brexit referendum and is shaping the very essence of UK government/opposition brexit policy right now as you read.

The only reason Prime Minister Theresa May is to face an unprecedented no-confidence challenge - from Conservative grassroots campaigners.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48011201

is because of our Nigel. No influence? You are in cloud Cuckeu land.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

What is there to investigate? The UK electoral process is very transparent and open to all. It is just sour grapes on the part of fringe remain party supporters such as yourself that you want to interrogate the contents of tens of thousands of mainstream brexiteers back pockets who choose to spend their hard earned on the Brexit party.
    It is proven fact that the money was spent illegally.

The very fact the UK is compelled to send MEP's to the EU is a disgrace. The will of the people is that the UK wants nothing to do with EU business and yet the EU occupying force makes us. So damn right the UK will send the most anti EU MEP's possible.
    So you want no representation in Europe while the UK leaves? You are happy to take every rule Brussels thinks of until October and apply it to UK law?

It is proven fact that the money was spent illegally.

So you want no representation in Europe while the UK leaves? You are happy to take every rule Brussels thinks of until October and apply it to UK law?
    occupying forces? what the hell are you smoking Dribbles?

The very fact the UK is compelled to send MEP's to the EU is a disgrace. The will of the people is that the UK wants nothing to do with EU business and yet the EU occupying force makes us.
    The UK could have been out of the EU on march 29th. UK Parliament voted several times that they don't want to leave with the deal UK government negociated. They also voted not wanting to leave without a deal.

The EU isn't forcing this, the UK not leaving is forcing herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    This line could sum up EVERYTHING that has happened since the vote that it is such on point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    The UK could have been out of the EU on march 29th. UK Parliament voted several times that they don't want to leave with the deal UK government negociated. They also voted not wanting to leave without a deal.

Of course the EU is forcing it. It knows the people of the UK want to leave it as proven in a democratic referendum, it also knows the UK has a pathetic PM and parliament at the minute and has used that to impose an unwanted undemocratic extension upon the backs of UK citizens.

Honestly the EU is lucky that only sensible moderates like Boris Johnson or possibly Nigel Farage are likely to follow Theresa the appeaser,it could have beem so much worse with the likes of Sargon of Akkad now entering the fray.

Don't believe me? Here is what tory mp's are retweeting today (peter bone MP)...

Tory grassroots, the most loyal of the party’s tribe demanding @theresa_may goes. It’s now not if but when

https://twitter.com/toryboypierce/st...30443264593920

The UK wants to leave the EU and leave it will. The EU should be asking itself will it get a better deal with the likes of Theresa May? Or Boris or much much worse.

The UK wants to leave the EU and leave it will. The EU should be asking itself will it get a better deal with the likes of Theresa May? Or Boris or much much worse.
    The UK should be asking itself what kind of deal it wants, because it isn't "no deal".

How the hell is the EU forcing anything if your elementary school of a government can't even pass some simple votes that bring a solution ???

Like stated you could very well have been out by 29 March but instead your government played a little kids game of '' we don't want May's deal but we also vote against No Deal and meanwhile we shoot down 8 different votes on how to get out of this pickle ''

The whole reason why you are heading for EU elections is because of YOUR government and it's inability to decide anything about Brexit, the EU forced no extension upon you, the extension was asked by your PM, up to two times now.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    the EU election of 2019 was scheduled for spring long ago; to avoid it UK would have to exit on time.